THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
    I really hope your tenders “goalie equipment issue” gets resolved in 2 weeks….nice way to kill a teams momentum….very creative
    Do you think the people watching the game didn’t now what your controversial Coach was doing?
    Please cry harder.

Your team didn't quit when we gave them every reason to going up 4-0 after that shorty. Be proud of them and take a walk, your season is over.
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I really hope your tenders “goalie equipment issue” gets resolved in 2 weeks….nice way to kill a teams momentum….very creative
      Do you think the people watching the game didn’t now what your controversial Coach was doing?
      Had the refs not been standing over him and watching the whole thing, you might have a point. But they watched every second of him- if it was a real delay, it was a very easy 2 min game delay penalty that they would have given. So....

Comment

• Originally posted by umichjim View Post
        Understatement of the Year - "I didn't like our third period." Mel Pearson

That being said, the team will be in Boston! Congratulations! I have had my tickets since August and am very glad Michigan will be there, too. Who else is making the trip?
        Understatement, indeed. Both games, the team mostly mailed it in for the third period, which is pretty disturbing. Thankfully, they pulled their goalie really early, and the first ENG got the momentum back. That PP goal at the end was pretty....

For sure, we won't be there Thursday, but *maybe* Saturday if we get there. We've run out of vacation for 2022, and still haven't been to a game all season. It would be pretty spectacular if we won.

They are certainly good enough to win it all. If they can play with the kind of intensity for all 60 min like they did against ND and MN for the B1G title. Especially the defensive game that we played MN with- we know they *can* play D well. But that sloppiness kind of comes out of nowhere and really bites the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Understatement, indeed. Both games, the team mostly mailed it in for the third period, which is pretty disturbing. Thankfully, they pulled their goalie really early, and the first ENG got the momentum back. That PP goal at the end was pretty....

For sure, we won't be there Thursday, but *maybe* Saturday if we get there. We've run out of vacation for 2022, and still haven't been to a game all season. It would be pretty spectacular if we won.

They are certainly good enough to win it all. If they can play with the kind of intensity for all 60 min like they did against ND and MN for the B1G title. Especially the defensive game that we played MN with- we know they *can* play D well. But that sloppiness kind of comes out of nowhere and really bites the team.
          Not just the 2 regional games, but the B1G championship game last minute we were lucky our lead was as much as it was. 3 games in a row with a nice lead that almost wasn't enough.

I so want to go to Boston and many friends are encouraging me to go, but my reasonable parents are telling me "it was fine when you were single, but now you have a family. You've been before". I have to remind myself that for all the people encouraging me, saying 'it's a once in a lifetime chance', sure, for this team it is, but I've been to 5 Frozen Fours where Michigan was playing, none of which they won. Maybe if I don't go the team will do better.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

Please cry harder.

Your team didn't quit when we gave them every reason to going up 4-0 after that shorty. Be proud of them and take a walk, your season is over.
            Lol….your program is well known for its cheating ways….just google it…and ask Western Michigan….you’re the Evil Empire..your goalie has an “equipment problem”… pathetic…the refs had no idea how to handle it and you scammed a 7 minute timeout. I hope your skaters stayed away from the bench and didn’t get any instructions……of course not

You mean the the SHG where our player gets cross checked in pursuit of that rush?

Let’s all hope Denver smacks you in the face….little man keyboard warrior

Comment

Lol….your program is well known for its cheating ways….just google it…and ask Western Michigan….you’re the Evil Empire..your goalie has an “equipment problem”… pathetic…the refs had no idea how to handle it and you scammed a 7 minute timeout. I hope your skaters stayed away from the bench and didn’t get any instructions……of course not

You mean the the SHG where our player gets cross checked in pursuit of that rush?

Let’s all hope Denver smacks you in the face….little man keyboard warrior
              As a fellow QU fan, IceCat’s gone alittle too far. All part of the game, you take what the refs give. Rand yelled at them and then they got him back on the ice. You guys have all the talent in the world which has been our cryptonite as we build teams traditionally around 4 year guys maybe with 1 or 2 that can leave after 3, and we were just outmatched. Glad we fought back but the goalie pill was slightly premature but has worked for us in the past so I can live with it. Congrats to you all on a tremendous team and season. Enjoy Boston, I’ll be pulling for ya

Quinnipiac University '15
              ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
              ECAC Championship: 2016
              NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
              NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
              Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAl View Post

As a fellow QU fan, IceCat’s gone alittle too far. All part of the game, you take what the refs give. Rand yelled at them and then they got him back on the ice. You guys have all the talent in the world which has been our cryptonite as we build teams traditionally around 4 year guys maybe with 1 or 2 that can leave after 3, and we were just outmatched. Glad we fought back but the goalie pill was slightly premature but has worked for us in the past so I can live with it. Congrats to you all on a tremendous team and season. Enjoy Boston, I’ll be pulling for ya
                It was a heck of a game, where QU could have easily shut down after the shorthanded goal. But your coach clearly has a good connection with the team, seeing that the goalie change would put the fire back under the team. And it worked. I have to agree with the fans on your thread that pulling the goalie was a mistake at that time- but it worked out for us to get the momentum back.

Hope we play well, now.

Comment

• Congrats, Michigan. Northeastern STH selling two FF seats in sec 304. $340 for two seats to all three games. Email me at jjj209k@comcast.net. Thanks.

Comment

• “It’s not fair!!!!” (cries about it)

-icecat

Comment

• Hockey tomorrow! I wish I was going. I'm not sure if my nerves would survive it though.

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        Hockey tomorrow! I wish I was going. I'm not sure if my nerves would survive it though.
                        Makes me nervous thinking about it. Which is really odd- as we've met the team after a terrible loss, and it sure seems the fans take it worse than they do.

Comment

• 5:00 start sucks, I will miss the first period for sure. Hopefully I can catch the beginning of the second.

GO BLUE!
                          Let's Go Bobcats!
                          Go Blue!

Comment

• Originally posted by QU/UM View Post
                            5:00 start sucks, I will miss the first period for sure. Hopefully I can catch the beginning of the second.

GO BLUE!
                            Leave early. Watch game.

I remember back in both '96 and '98, I had a radio at work listening to the games instead of working.

Comment

• Ugh, so close, but not quite in the last seconds. so very stressful.

And up until the 3rd, the refs didn't call a thing- and then that last one was pretty weak. Thankfully, we killed them.

Comment

• Hockey gods got even. You don’t dodge a game and think it won’t come back to bite you.

Expect the mass exodus of players.
                                Last edited by Lemonade; 04-07-2022, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X