THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how the new vaccine policy affects attendance.
    I think it'll be interesting to see how long it will take to get into a game now. I was worried about wT baby, but since the policy is ages 12 and up, I don't have to get her tested every week (thank goodness).

I also wonder how it may affect the resale market. Not sure how many games we'll be going to, but would like to recover costs where possible when we choose not to attend. Looks like tickets on stubhub for this weekend are still priced near face value...but lots available.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

• From the Free Press after the skunk men's hoop team lost at Rutgers:

"The tenor of Tuesday’s game lurched in a new direction roughly an hour before tipoff when an athletic department spokesman revealed a slew of roster problems for the Wolverines. Key reserves Brandon Johns Jr., Terrance Williams II and Frankie Collins were unavailable due to medical reasons while Zeb Jackson, another rotation player, did not travel due to a personal matter. Walk-on Jaron Faulds and video analyst Jaaron Simmons were also not with the team for medical reasons."

So they went ahead and played with a shortened roster, even though they're going to play 3 games in 6 days.

And you're going to tell me "the administration" stepped in on hockey, but did nothing with men's basketball?

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

So they went ahead and played with a shortened roster, even though they're going to play 3 games in 6 days.

And you're going to tell me "the administration" stepped in on hockey, but did nothing with men's basketball?
        What a ****ing joke
        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
        ECAC:
        HEA: UMass
        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

I think it'll be interesting to see how long it will take to get into a game now. I was worried about wT baby, but since the policy is ages 12 and up, I don't have to get her tested every week (thank goodness).

I also wonder how it may affect the resale market. Not sure how many games we'll be going to, but would like to recover costs where possible when we choose not to attend. Looks like tickets on stubhub for this weekend are still priced near face value...but lots available.
          Boston University required Vax card and photo ID from day one this season and it did not delay entry at all. It's a quick check at the door before you walk in the building. Yes, I realize you probably average more fans, but if handled properly, it shouldn't be a big deal.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Boston University required Vax card and photo ID from day one this season and it did not delay entry at all. It's a quick check at the door before you walk in the building. Yes, I realize you probably average more fans, but if handled properly, it shouldn't be a big deal.
            Same policy and same result at Northeastern before it went to a no spectators policy for the indefinite future.
            Last edited by Split-N; 01-06-2022, 09:34 AM.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Is Michigan playing this week or the opponent too tough for them?

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                From the Free Press after the skunk men's hoop team lost at Rutgers:

"The tenor of Tuesday’s game lurched in a new direction roughly an hour before tipoff when an athletic department spokesman revealed a slew of roster problems for the Wolverines. Key reserves Brandon Johns Jr., Terrance Williams II and Frankie Collins were unavailable due to medical reasons while Zeb Jackson, another rotation player, did not travel due to a personal matter. Walk-on Jaron Faulds and video analyst Jaaron Simmons were also not with the team for medical reasons."

And that changed today when this afternoon's scheduled bouncy ball game vs. Li'l Bro was indefinitely postponed by "THE U".
                Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7
                Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

• Good win. Very nice 3rd period after UMass made us really uncomfortable in our own zone and really put molasses in the neutral zone.

It's interesting that we are still struggling with pressure on the puck in our zone. It's been a problem for so long, it's almost a definition of Michigan Hockey.

Comment

• I hope all the Western, Tech etc. crybabies were watching both games this weekend.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      I hope all the Western, Tech etc. crybabies were watching both games this weekend.
                      Why? Did Michigan time-travel & not wuss out of playing WMU?
                      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                      ECAC:
                      HEA: UMass
                      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                        I hope all the Western, Tech etc. crybabies were watching both games this weekend.
                        We'll be anxiously awaiting the next time an opponent gets Pearson-ed on the schedule when the Olympics start.

Comment

• I watched both games. Congrats on the wins. Well deserved. i thought the goaltending was outstanding and even though they were gritty games you won. I was not so much a fan of the refs. On the third goal yesterday, Duke blatantly trips a UMass D man in front of the net, the poor guy falls down, turns over the puck, it comes to Duke who scores. The refs totally blew that one and it was not the only call that was blown. Mel has a rep for riding the refs and he was in fine form.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Michigan still dodged a game no matter what happens.

Comment

• As much as Mel was happy with the D, they were still pretty shaky. It didn't take much pressure from UMass to make them go back to blind passes to nowhere and the inevitable turnover. They look totally awesome when nobody is pressuring them, but not good at all when getting pressure. But it seems that some teams are nervous enough on the forecheck that Michigan can get away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I watched both games. Congrats on the wins. Well deserved. i thought the goaltending was outstanding and even though they were gritty games you won. I was not so much a fan of the refs. On the third goal yesterday, Duke blatantly trips a UMass D man in front of the net, the poor guy falls down, turns over the puck, it comes to Duke who scores. The refs totally blew that one and it was not the only call that was blown. Mel has a rep for riding the refs and he was in fine form.
                                Blown calls are the hallmark for B1G refs. There are usually more than one can count in any given game.
                                The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Working...
                                X