Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post

    Nah. Ducks have courage. Wolverines is more accurate. There haven't been actual wolverines in Michigan in over 200 years.

    They don't show up either.
    Damn!
    License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by moose97 View Post

      It's been damn near 25 years since you won a NC. Seems like it's "bigger and better" for the kids more than anything
      Of course it’s for the players. Representing your country is more important than a holiday tournament in college hockey.

      Yeah it’s been awhile since we’ve won the national championship but we played for it in 2011 and were in the Frozen Four just 3 years ago. 2020 no tournament and 2021 we didn’t even lose and got sent home because of ridiculous covid rules that applied to some and not others.
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners


      @UMichWD on Twitter

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post

        Nah. Ducks have courage. Wolverines is more accurate. There haven't been actual wolverines in Michigan in over 200 years.

        They don't show up either.
        Wrong again.

        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/wbna4374309
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners


        @UMichWD on Twitter

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

          Of course it’s for the players. Representing your country is more important than a holiday tournament in college hockey.
          Then UMich has to decide. If individual accomplishments are more important than the team, back out as host of the GLI. Pretty simple.
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

          AHA:
          B1G: UMinn, UWisc
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
          NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

          Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

            Of course it’s for the players. Representing your country is more important than a holiday tournament in college hockey.
            But those players NOT representing their country can still play in a holiday tourney, can't they? For some, it may be their only chance to step up and prove themselves. Why shouldn't they be allowed to play for their university?

            It all comes back to Michigan being afraid of losing. Yes, they would be at a disadvantage, but quitting is never a good look for your program.

            I agree 100% that representing your country against the best in the world is more important than a holiday tournament. But both can exist if you have enough players, not because you don't have enough studs.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
              Ha ha ha! Ok, you got me! One spotted 17 years ago...

              I love that you fact-checked that. And I mean that with no malice. Good stuff!
              Last edited by HuskyDut; 12-30-2021, 12:43 PM.

              Comment


              • Just came here to let you all know that BU is playing with 11 forwards and 4 defenseman today.

                Lines:
                Tuch-O'Brien-Cockerill
                Kaufman-Skoog-Peterson
                Armstrong-Zabaneh-Ty Amonte
                Stevens-Tristan Amonte
                Vlasic-Webber
                Fensore-McCarthy
                Duplessis

                Warriors all.
                It Happened!!!!

                Comment


                • Michigan Dodgers play today?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Just came here to let you all know that BU is playing with 11 forwards and 4 defenseman today.

                    Lines:
                    Tuch-O'Brien-Cockerill
                    Kaufman-Skoog-Peterson
                    Armstrong-Zabaneh-Ty Amonte
                    Stevens-Tristan Amonte
                    Vlasic-Webber
                    Fensore-McCarthy
                    Duplessis

                    Warriors all.
                    Congrats to them; this is hockey!
                    License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

                    Comment


                    • Just off the top of my head, I can count 10 teams--some with depleted rosters--that refused to "Michigan" (yes, it's now a verb) and played their scheduled back-to-backs. No reports of any players or staff turning into snowflakes.

                      Hope y'all enjoyed the football game as much as I did.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        Just off the top of my head, I can count 10 teams--some with depleted rosters--that refused to "Michigan" (yes, it's now a verb) and played their scheduled back-to-backs. No reports of any players or staff turning into snowflakes.

                        Hope y'all enjoyed the football game as much as I did.
                        JFC, Give it a REST!
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                        It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                        Comment


                        • One of Michigan's colors is Maze, which is really "YELLOW". And they are just proving that, why would you want to play for a "privileged" team instead of a team that earns the respect!

                          Comment


                          • It's going to be interesting to see how the new vaccine policy affects attendance.
                            Last edited by JoeZ; 01-03-2022, 08:25 AM.
                            Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7
                            Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass


                            9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                              It's going to be interesting to see how the new vaccine policy affects attendance.
                              We actually may go to a game, now.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by washburn sioux View Post
                                one of michigan's colors is maze, which is really "yellow". And they are just proving that, why would you want to play for a "privileged" team instead of a team that earns the respect!
                                c r y h a r d e r
                                ---
                                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                                19 Conference Championships
                                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                                2 Hobey Baker Winners


                                @UMichWD on Twitter

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X