THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    I know the tech AD said that U-M, Tech and state are working on keeping the GLI together but I just don't buy that it's gonna last.

To me it no longer makes sense to play in this thing with the talent we are bringing in on a yearly basis since a huge number of players are busy at WJCs.
    The height of arrogance...

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
      ...It's pretty funny that canceling the game for player safety is such a horrible thing to do...
      So, "Michigan Men" have become so brittle that they can't play back-to-back tournament games?
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I know the tech AD said that U-M, Tech and state are working on keeping the GLI together but I just don't buy that it's gonna last.

To me it no longer makes sense to play in this thing with the talent we are bringing in on a yearly basis since a huge number of players are busy at WJCs.
        So why did you play Niagara?
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post

So, "Michigan Men" have become so brittle that they can't play back-to-back tournament games?
          Thank you for confirming my point. You make me laugh in a sad way.

Comment

• Enjoy the rest, boys. You’ve earned it. Absolute gauntlet you just endured.

Comment

• Any truth to the rumor that Michigan will be changing their nickname to Ducks?
              License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

So why did you play Niagara?
                I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at. We played Niagara Nov 26-27. That’s not during Christmas break where we had guys off doing bigger and better things.
                ---
                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                19 Conference Championships
                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

bigger and better things.
                  Bigger and better for who? Michigan or themselves?
                  Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                  B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                  CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                  ECAC:
                  HEA: UMass
                  NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                  Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Bigger and better for who? Michigan or themselves?
                    We’ve had guys for years leave during break and play at the WJC for their country. It was usually 2-3 guys and we’d still win the GLI.

We are an NHL factory now and have so many guys that are going to go play against the best young players in the world that it no longer makes sense to play during break without.

We’ll find out in April how this team will finish.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at. We played Niagara Nov 26-27. That’s not during Christmas break where we had guys off doing bigger and better things.
                      And yet, you schedule games during Christmas break.

Comment

We’ve had guys for years leave during break and play at the WJC for their country. It was usually 2-3 guys and we’d still win the GLI.

We are an NHL factory now and have so many guys that are going to go play against the best young players in the world that it no longer makes sense to play during break without.
                        In other words, "we might lose, so we shouldn't play."

Comment

We’ll find out in April how this team will finish.
                          It's been damn near 25 years since you won a NC. Seems like it's "bigger and better" for the kids more than anything
                          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                          ECAC:
                          HEA: UMass
                          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post

In other words, "we might lose, so we shouldn't play."
                            Next man up?
                            License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

• Well at least Michigan hasn't used the Minnesota excuse for World Juniors...(our players had to walk back from the tournament so they are super tired) Maybe that's coming next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                                Any truth to the rumor that Michigan will be changing their nickname to Ducks?
                                Nah. Ducks have courage. Wolverines is more accurate. There haven't been actual wolverines in Michigan in over 200 years.

They don't show up either.

Comment

Working...
                                X