Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting V - Does it even matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oseicki is the lead recruiter. All failures to get top end talent fall in him. Granato shoulders the blame (or should) terrible record. Strobel? Who knows what the hell he does? Whatever it is it’s not working.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...fhbAnrSKTu1n2w

He's recruited so many players yet like how many are serviceable 4 year college guys? He's terrible.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...fhbAnrSKTu1n2w

He's recruited so many players yet like how many are serviceable 4 year college guys? He's terrible.
        EODS - there should be some to add to your list shown there! LOL
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Did a little googling when I saw that and found out that Isaac Novak has given up hockey in favor of golf? Maybe? I haven’t been following him in the NAHL closely enough to say if he’s still on the team there.

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-golf...l/isaac-novak2
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Central scouting rankings, 4 draftables move up in rankings.

Finley was 45, now 36
            Jugnauth was 134, now 66
            Godbout was 149, now 129
            Pierre was 170, now 144
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Cruz Lucious? No nothing about this guy.

https://twitter.com/jessrmyers/statu...ho3xBDTUZIJjug
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Dave Spehar is ripping this kid on Twitter. Also intimated Wisconsin is not a hockey school. I can’t argue that point given the last 27 years.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Dang, a Dave Spehar parody account is my go to hockey source, too.

I've thought since he decommitted, there was a pretty good chance he might land here. Should be a 2nd round pick but may fall as he was injured a good portion of this year at NTDP. Had a very good U17 year there. Great hands, BIG shot, great vision. Has been a big playmaker but his goal scoring ability has probably been under utilized. He's a pretty big get for the Badgers especially since they're taking him from the goofs. Maybe a little pay back for Sampo Ranta.

If you don't know, older brother Chaz (1st rounder, 18th overall) and Cruz, committed to the goofs at 14 and 13 respectively, putting up video game numbers in U15's. Chaz played a little over half a year, got hurt and signed a NHL contract with Winnipeg this spring. With Cruz bailing now too, gopher fans are none too happy, despite what they'll say.

Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Dang, a Dave Spehar parody account is my go to hockey source, too.

I've thought since he decommitted, there was a pretty good chance he might land here. Should be a 2nd round pick but may fall as he was injured a good portion of this year at NTDP. Had a very good U17 year there. Great hands, BIG shot, great vision. Has been a big playmaker but his goal scoring ability has probably been under utilized. He's a pretty big get for the Badgers especially since they're taking him from the goofs. Maybe a little pay back for Sampo Ranta.

If you don't know, older brother Chaz (1st rounder, 18th overall) and Cruz, committed to the goofs at 14 and 13 respectively, putting up video game numbers in U15's. Chaz played a little over half a year, got hurt and signed a NHL contract with Winnipeg this spring. With Cruz bailing now too, gopher fans are none too happy, despite what they'll say.
                    Wisko! It's great to see you post here again!

Love that they snagged one of the better NHL draft eligible players from the gophers. Should add salt to the wound if he turns out to be as good as Sampo Ranta was.

Comment

• Nobody has mentioned forward Ty Smilanic transferring in from Quinnipiac. Former NTDP’er who was at Q 2 years and put up 27 goals and 17 assists in that time. He and Lucius should help on the scoring front.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                        Nobody has mentioned forward Ty Smilanic transferring in from Quinnipiac. Former NTDP’er who was at Q 2 years and put up 27 goals and 17 assists in that time. He and Lucius should help on the scoring front.
                        I think it was talked about in the offseason thread.

Comment

Nobody has mentioned forward Ty Smilanic transferring in from Quinnipiac. Former NTDP’er who was at Q 2 years and put up 27 goals and 17 assists in that time. He and Lucius should help on the scoring front.
                          In theory, yes, but it's safe to say Max Johnson came here from Bowling Green last year and his production went way way down. I remain pessimistic.....unfortunately, until proven otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

Wisko! It's great to see you post here again!

Love that they snagged one of the better NHL draft eligible players from the gophers. Should add salt to the wound if he turns out to be as good as Sampo Ranta was.
                            It is pretty great, isn't it!

It's never going to stop bothering me that we missed out on having Sampo Ranta and Dylan Holloway on the same (2nd!) line. Would have really been something to see.

With google translate, who really cares how well the kids speak English these days anyway?!!
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

No idea how it's going to play out, but I'd say Smilanic and Lucious were the two best "free agent" forwards on the market this year and the Badgers landed both of them. Deserves at least a golf clap, even from this crew.

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                ...With Cruz bailing now too, gopher fans are none too happy, despite what they'll say.

Yes, so unhappy there are literally 0 posts in GPL's Gopher section discussing it. Have to go to Opponent's Recruiting section to even see mention of it, where there are a handful of posts half of which are laughing at Granato for taking on that "situation."

We've known for months the kid wasn't coming.
                                Considering he was recruited at 13 by the previous coach, and what we have seen from his brother and that family, no one is broken up about it.

Good luck have fun

Comment

Working...
                                X