Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting V - Does it even matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Are you kidding? We'll take Rizzo then...
    I think a coach has to have a certain level of commitment and loyalty to the players HE recruits. You can't for 2-3 years be telling a player "I love you, I see a super bright future for you, come play for me", then tell them "you just aren't good enough anymore, don't let the door hit you on the way out" 4 years into your relationship. I do understand that players know they are a bit of a commodity in college, but there is a balance there. For the record, Messner is one of the last Eaves guys left on the team, so that does not specifically apply in this case.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Oz liked a tweet by Shawn Ramsey that said he had an unforgettable U17 virtual camp with Team Canada. He's a 04 D from Mississauga OT.

Comment

Jacob Martin - D commits to the Badgers.

https://twitter.com/MadisonSport/sta...57686530760708

The spreadsheet has been updated with him looking to enroll for the '21-'22 season.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          Jacob Martin - D commits to the Badgers.

https://twitter.com/MadisonSport/sta...57686530760708

The spreadsheet has been updated with him looking to enroll for the '21-'22 season.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0
          Looks like he has upper end playing pedigree and a WI guy to boot.

Comment

Tyson Jugnauth, a 2004 D from Toronto, is in the Badger Family now. He will be playing for West Kelowna this year.

Comment

It doesn’t matter, but cool.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I have added Tyson to the recruiting sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post

Are you kidding? We'll take Rizzo then...
                  losing Messner is a huge deal for the locker room. And you guys have a locker room problem right now,

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post

losing Messner is a huge deal for the locker room. And you guys have a locker room problem right now,
                    Couldn't agree more with this take. It's a bad sign.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

another D recruit gave a verbal today:

https://twitter.com/shawnramsey04/st...23881882259457
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post
                        losing Messner is a huge deal for the locker room. And you guys have a locker room problem right now
                        Maybe the locker room problems are the ones who are leaving? No one has posted any quotable info one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Oz liked a tweet by Shawn Ramsey that said he had an unforgettable U17 virtual camp with Team Canada. He's a 04 D from Mississauga OT.
                          Ha! He committed.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Maybe the locker room problems are the ones who are leaving? No one has posted any quotable info one way or the other.
                            I hope you are right Tim, but Messner captained the Capitals before coming to the Badgers. It makes me wonder.....

Comment

Also a kid from Calgary: Aiden Fink.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                I hope you are right Tim, but Messner captained the Capitals before coming to the Badgers. It makes me wonder.....
                                I am wondering as well, but I'm looking for shreds of hope. I think he left because he saw the logjam at F and felt like he couldn't crack the top 9 for regular playing time. Dooghe leaving is a bit more puzzling/worrisome as he was getting regular PT before last year, then had it slip away last year, especially after the injury. One would have thought he'd have the chops to go the "I'll show them" route, but for whatever reason he just decided not to fight it out here. The mentality of the team is not where it needs to be. I just shredded my own shred of hope. Nice one Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X