Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting V - Does it even matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man...looking at the new recruits I realized how far my interest in badger hockey has fallen. I recognized one name CC,...

ugh
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• I'm really drooling over Corson Ceulemans wearing the Cardinal and White. Hopefully he's a bit more D first as in sound defensively in all 3 zones and O second than the recent highly regarded D. He's been playing above his age in high pressure games.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Man...looking at the new recruits I realized how far my interest in badger hockey has fallen. I recognized one name CC,...

ugh
        Gophs are back, would love for Wisco to be strong again. Just Tony Granato is the Jim Harbaugh of college hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronRange View Post
          Just Tony Granato is the Jim Harbaugh of college hockey.
          So painful, so true.

Comment

• I know this site sucks, but I was surprised no one posted the newest committed D recruit with a great hockey name: Boston Buckberger.....

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...6f2fdf14b.html
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              I know this site sucks, but I was surprised no one posted the newest committed D recruit with a great hockey name: Boston Buckberger.....

I totally missed this! He's from one of my favorite places to say the name of: Saskatoon Saskatchewan. Home of some past Badgers. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• Malmquist is averaging a pt a game for Penticton.

Comment

I know this site sucks, but I was surprised no one posted the newest committed D recruit with a great hockey name: Boston Buckberger.....

Missed that one. I have added him to the spreadsheet in '22-'23 (but I think it more likely he arrives in '23.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Bump over spam....

Comment

• Zach Urdahl is on fire right now with 6 goals over his last 3 games.

Comment

• https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...981450e14.html

New recruit - Owen Mehlenbacher
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Doesn't seem like a **** pick-up and with a bit of a glut @ F before the possibility of Sr's coming back it's a bit of a head scratcher, but we'll see how it develops. The thing we have learned this year is it helps to have first rounder F's on the team. After those guys leave, I don't know who else in the pipeline is that kind of player. I will have to do some digging.

Comment

• I have added Mehlenbacher to the recruiting sheet for the '22 - '23 season.

Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              I have added Mehlenbacher to the recruiting sheet for the '22 - '23 season.

His name patch will be from elbow-to-shoulders-to-elbow.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Zach Urdahl has been traded from last place Lincoln to 4th place Des Moines in the Western Conference of the USHL.

Looks like Robby Newton is no longer with Sioux City in the USHL. He is now on the Janesville Jets NAHL roster.

TJ Koufis’ profile does not list UW as his next destination on Elite Prospects any longer, although his Twitter profile still says he is committed. He appears to not have utilized his Twitter account in 3 years though.

IMO one of the HUGE differences for UW going forward is that they are no longer bringing in players before they are ready and are instead giving them the time they need or an extra year in Juniors to develop. Bringing in guys like Gorniak, Donovan and others straight out of high school was desperation and stupid in my opinion. Importantly, the staff seems to have learned from and rectified their previous mistakes. Getting players that are a little bit older who have had an additional year or two for their bodies and game to develop will be a big benefit for UW going forward. This is even more important next season as they will have a lot of players to replace and will need to get contributions up and down the lineup.
                                Last edited by DPlaya; 02-24-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X