This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Forget the close games, without that disgusting 5-1 loss to Bentley (#55 PWR), that alone would probably we worth a few spots in the Pairwise and they'd be on the bubble.
    Easy to look at the Colgate series as a massive missed opportunity as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

Barr had already used his challenge to check if the hit on Antonacci by the benches was a major penalty. But the missed interference in the BC goal was an egregious miss by this officiating crew.
      I know he used a challenge.
      My understanding is they can still challenge after using the first but if you dont get it its a team penalty.
      Am I wrong in that?
      Pretty sure I saw that earlier in the year, cant recall what team did that.

Im not a fan of all the reviewing but they opened that door.
      Last edited by NorthMike; 02-26-2023, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
        However, this team is still in the mix for the hockey east tourney so this year is far from over.
        I think getting up to #5 is going to be massive for Maine if they can pull it off. If they do they head straight to the quaterfinals and a trip to Storrs, which is probably the best matchup possible for them as has been previously discussed. If they land at #6, they first have to play a mid-week home game against UVM, and then if they won would be sent to either Agganis or Matthews, barring multiple upsets. We need to be Northeastern fans next weekend (yuck), and hope they can hold the River Hawks to one point or less, which I'd say is not impossible. And of course Maine needs to sweep Massachusetts, but that goes without saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

I think getting up to #5 is going to be massive for Maine if they can pull it off. If they do they head straight to the quaterfinals and a trip to Storrs, which is probably the best matchup possible for them as has been previously discussed. If they land at #6, they first have to play a mid-week home game against UVM, and then if they won would be sent to either Agganis or Matthews, barring multiple upsets. We need to be Northeastern fans next weekend (yuck), and hope they can hold the River Hawks to one point or less, which I'd say is not impossible. And of course Maine needs to sweep Massachusetts, but that goes without saying.
          I’m hoping they somehow end up at UConn as well. That’s the closest hockey east school to where I live now (NJ) so I wouldn’t mind checking out their new barn, even though I hear it’s impossible to get tickets.

Merrimack seems to be heating up again so I’d like to avoid them and BU has been Maine’s Achilles heal all year. Even though northeastern has given us fits the past few years, I think they’re a better matchup.

If I had to rank single game matchups:
          1. UConn
          2. Lowell
          3. northeastern
          4. Merrimack
          5. BU

Comment

• FWIW, BCHL scoring race. Hope this posts. Older bro says “I’m right behind you”. Nice additions for next year
            Games/goals/assists/total points/points PPG
            Bradly Nadeau
            82 LW '05
            PEN
            45 35 53 88 1.96 13 18 1 0 9 14 0.31 Penticton, BC
            Josh Nadeau
            20 RW '03
            PEN
            45 33 54 87 1.93 14 21 0 2 6 14 0.31 Penticton, BC
            3 *
            Aydar Suniev
            19 LW '04
            PEN
            41 32 39 71 1.73 12 21 0 0 4 34 0.83 Penticton, BC
            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
            Just win.....

Comment

• DOBs: Bradly is 17, Josh 19.
              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
              Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                FWIW, BCHL scoring race. Hope this posts. Older bro says “I’m right behind you”. Nice additions for next year
                Games/goals/assists/total points/points PPG
                Bradly Nadeau
                82 LW '05
                PEN
                45 35 53 88 1.96 13 18 1 0 9 14 0.31 Penticton, BC
                Josh Nadeau
                20 RW '03
                PEN
                45 33 54 87 1.93 14 21 0 2 6 14 0.31 Penticton, BC
                3 *
                Aydar Suniev
                19 LW '04
                PEN
                41 32 39 71 1.73 12 21 0 0 4 34 0.83 Penticton, BC
                I like those numbers, but have no idea how tough the BCHL is this season.

Help me out here, fellow bruin, if you can.

(Yeah, I've explored the Junior rankings as well, and that's all over the place from year to year... Certainly hope these guys will pan-out, though. Maine is a lot closer to relevance than I expected right now.)
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-26-2023, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I like those numbers, but have no idea how tough the BCHL is this season.

Help me out here, fellow bruin, if you can.

(Yeah, I've explored the Junior rankings as well, and that's all over the place from year to year... Certainly hope these guys will pan-out, though. Maine is a lot closer to relevance than I expected right now.)
                  The 2023 Heisenberg list shows plenty of commitments from the BCHL to Denver, Michigan State, Cornell, Harvard, North Dakota, etc.

Comment

• I would caution the numbers on Josh as he's 19 and will be 20 at start of season next year. So doing it as an older player. But Bradley's numbers as a 17 year old? That looks like a massive get. Did they commit at same time?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      I would caution the numbers on Josh as he's 19 and will be 20 at start of season next year. So doing it as an older player. But Bradley's numbers as a 17 year old? That looks like a massive get. Did they commit at same time?
                      Josh is a holdover commit from the previous staff, Bradly committed last fall.

Normally I would agree on cautioning the stats but he was 6th in the BCHL in scoring last year and 2nd in goals as an 18 year old. The only question with him will be if he can handle the physicality and skating given his size.

Penticton is far and away the best team in that league so the stats are inflated but either way I think they’re both can’t miss prospects.

Comment

• I remember Tim bringing in guys with gaudy stats that couldn't skate or play D. I suspect Barr would have dropped Josh if he didn't think he could play in HE. I trust that he can play. The fact they grew up near(ok not so near) Orono( New Brunswick or NS??) is a good thing also. You never know until they step on to the ice. Looking forward to seeing them play. Until then I want to see Maine win some more games this season
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          I remember Tim bringing in guys with gaudy stats that couldn't skate or play D. I suspect Barr would have dropped Josh if he didn't think he could play in HE. I trust that he can play. The fact they grew up near(ok not so near) Orono( New Brunswick or NS??) is a good thing also. You never know until they step on to the ice. Looking forward to seeing them play. Until then I want to see Maine win some more games this season
                          I would agree with this. I haven't been around long enough to remember the Whitehead era, but based on what Ive seen of Barr's players so far in his tenure he seems to really emphasize skating ability, this team is really fluid and moves very well. There's no reason to suggest that he'd break that mold any time soon.

Comment

• Also, Maine received a single vote in today's poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Josh is a holdover commit from the previous staff, Bradly committed last fall.

Normally I would agree on cautioning the stats but he was 6th in the BCHL in scoring last year and 2nd in goals as an 18 year old. The only question with him will be if he can handle the physicality and skating given his size.

Penticton is far and away the best team in that league so the stats are inflated but either way I think they’re both can’t miss prospects.
                              I think Josh will definitely help on the PP but not sure about 5x5.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                I remember Tim bringing in guys with gaudy stats that couldn't skate or play D. I suspect Barr would have dropped Josh if he didn't think he could play in HE. I trust that he can play. The fact they grew up near(ok not so near) Orono( New Brunswick or NS??) is a good thing also. You never know until they step on to the ice. Looking forward to seeing them play. Until then I want to see Maine win some more games this season
                                The Nadeau's have the level of talent that you really don't want to miss out because they are right in your backyard as well. I've watched enough Penticton games this year that I'd be very surprised if they don't end up being impact players at the NCAA level. Can honestly say the same about Hopkins as well, he is the exact type of blueliner we want to bring in.

I think Bradly could be the first Black Bears player drafted in the first round since Heisten in '99. I'm sure someone can confirm, but I couldn't think of any other players taken that high since then.

Comment

Working...
                                X