The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine looks a step slow
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Cool!

Comment

• Phew.

Comment

• Six points! Hell of a way to get them!

Comment

• Ostman has to be in the mix for league MVP doesn’t he? Not that he is the best player in the league but I don’t think anyone else is anywhere close to as valuable to their team.

I thought BC was pretty good this weekend but Ostman and some bad BC misses was enough to get Maine over the line.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Just what the Doctor ordered, Ostman was the man and Maine hung on. Thought they were back on their skates in much of the 2nd and start of the 3rd but hats off to them, they beat BC twice this weekend. Awesome. That PK late in the 3rd was a thing of beauty. .500 in Hockey East, sweet.

Comment

• Should of been 3-0.
                That missed interference call on the BC goal was just piz poor reffing or big time favoritism towards a Boston school.
                I hope Barr takes that to the referee admin.
                Last edited by NorthMike; 02-25-2023, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  Awesome they muted Mannix and Tuell. Might be watchable. They finally listened to us.
                  Tuell isn't bad, IMO.

Hannigan spoiled us, but I sure don't miss Larry. I'll take what we have now.

And hats off to Maine for a great weekend. With a Swayman in goal, this is probably a tournament team.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    Should of been 3-0.
                    That missed interference call on the BC goal was just piz poor reffing or big time favoritism towards a Boston school.
                    I mean you had 4 PPs in the first period. I think you made out ok.

Comment

Should of been 3-0.
                      Tuell didn't like that non call either. The replay they showed had BC player trying to stay onside and got in the way(interference) so gauthier had a clear lane to the net. They can review the offsides but not the interference????? I doubt the ref has in for Maine or favoritism for a Boston school, if he did it would be BU not the safety school BC : )

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Tuell didn't like that non call either. The replay they showed had BC player trying to stay onside and got in the way(interference) so gauthier had a clear lane to the net. They can review the offsides but not the interference????? I doubt the ref has in for Maine or favoritism for a Boston school, if he did it would be BU not the safety school BC : )
                        ​​​
                        Cant believe the refs didnt see it, 5000 people in the alfond did. Even Barr was yelling at the refs, Ive not yet seen him do that before. He always stays calm.
                        Not sure either about replaying that one, the refs never even huddled after it so either they weren't going to or couldnt. Have seen them replay goals for offsides, goalie interference many times.
                        Not sure if coach could have challenged it, or maybe he decided the risk of a penalty was too great if they didnt go his way on review.
                        Barr might get an apology phone call Monday from the director of officiating office in that one. He got one after the refs disallowed a good goal at BU.
                        I hope he runs this up the chain of command, a little scrutiny of the reffing up here wouldnt hurt.

I rarely complain about reffing but at times this season its worth doing.
                        Last edited by NorthMike; 02-26-2023, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Because they're not gonna spend all night looking over everything that could be a minor penalty. Only for stuff that could be deemed a major.

Comment

• Another great weekend, that makes it 7 in a row unbeaten in regulation. Last regulation loss was to BU at the Alfond.

Optimism and expectations are growing for next year and beyond. However, this team is still in the mix for the hockey east tourney so this year is far from over.

When you break this season into two parts (pre and post thanksgiving), it’s even more impressive.

Pre-thanksgiving - Overall 2-8-1 HE 0-5-1
                            Post-thanksgiving - 13-5-4 HE 9-4-3

If they didn’t lose those close games early on, they would likely be a bubble team. Either way, this is what progress looks like.

Comment

​​​
                              Cant believe the refs didnt see it, 5000 people in the alfond did. Even Barr was yelling at the refs, Ive not yet seen him do that before. He always stays calm.
                              Not sure either about replaying that one, the refs never even huddled after it so either they weren't going to or couldnt. Have seen them replay goals for offsides, goalie interference many times.
                              Not sure if coach could have challenged it, or maybe he decided the risk of a penalty was too great if they didnt go his way on review.
                              Barr might get an apology phone call Monday from the director of officiating office in that one. He got one after the refs disallowed a good goal at BU.
                              I hope he runs this up the chain of command, a little scrutiny of the reffing up here wouldnt hurt.

Curiosity mostly, but the third goal that the refs called no goal looked good on the replay at alfond. Did the TV coverage look at that one closer and what did they think? Didnt see where there was intentional forward movement of Maine players foot/leg. It looked like it went off BC player last.

I rarely complain about reffing but at times this season its worth doing.
                              Barr had already used his challenge to check if the hit on Antonacci by the benches was a major penalty. But the missed interference in the BC goal was an egregious miss by this officiating crew.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
                                If they didn’t lose those close games early on, they would likely be a bubble team. Either way, this is what progress looks like.
                                Forget the close games, without that disgusting 5-1 loss to Bentley (#55 PWR), that alone would probably we worth a few spots in the Pairwise and they'd be on the bubble.

Comment

Working...
                                X