The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Gotta say really like the skills of Brezeale and Sirota back on the blue line. Mobile, shifty and physical those two are hard to handle. When was the last D with Brezeales skill ?
    Brezeale was definitely one of the players that stood out in the series for Maine.

Comment

Gotta say really like the skills of Brezeale and Sirota back on the blue line. Mobile, shifty and physical those two are hard to handle. When was the last D with Brezeales skill ?
      Brezeal and Sirota don't suck, that's for sure, and Breen could have been a Walsh recruit.

Aside from Ostman (at least for now) the rest of the team is more or less expendable.

Hoping that Barr can sell this program to a couple of snipers. Maine isn't that far away from relevance.

Comment

• Maine needs some Offense from some different players thats for sure. I thought Trudeau was supposed to be someone who would give us some offense but haven't seen much from him. Speed of the game too much at this level? Against UNH it was the same ol' shoot from the point and hope for a rebound. Be nice to have someone who can dangle in traffic a wee bit. Pretty obvious we have to wait another year for that?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Is this a rhetorical question? They are better than what we have seen in the past few years. They don't compare that well against Will O'Neill and Jeff Dimmen on the 2009-20010 team. Will O'Neill 8,23,31 and Jeff Dimmen 12,18,30. Can't think of many since then.

Comment

• Well, there was Prestin Ryan…smoothest of D skaters with a large dose of not so smart penalties..
            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
            Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

Is this a rhetorical question? They are better than what we have seen in the past few years. They don't compare that well against Will O'Neill and Jeff Dimmen on the 2009-20010 team. Will O'Neill 8,23,31 and Jeff Dimmen 12,18,30. Can't think of many since then.
              O’Neill and Dimmen were certainly two good ones. To me, Hutton was probably the best of the defensemen of the last 10-15 years, especially offensively.

Other guys would be Keeper, Holway and Renouf off the top of my head.

Breazeale and Sirota might not put up the points like O’Neill, Dimmen and Hutton but their two way game is probably better. Those guys had their production also benefit from playing with a more talented forward crop (Nyquist, Abbott, Flynn, Shore)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                Well, there was Prestin Ryan…smoothest of D skaters with a large dose of not so smart penalties..
                Prestin was innocent. One of my favorite players.

Comment

I got to say that Antonacci, Holt, and Arnott are fantastic additions to the D side. Whats not to like, great sticks, speed, can take the puck from anyone.
                  Holt was scoring, but Arnott and Antonacci need to get the scoring going along with both Sirota and Brezeale.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Prestin was innocent. One of my favorite players.
                    He was the beast. A half man breakout he was so good that BC bad boys targeted him and missed, lol. Hello Patricia Eaves, lol
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

prestin was innocent. One of my favorite players.
                      lol!
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• "Great moments are born from great opportunity, and that's what you have here tonight, boys."

43 years ago today greatest hockey game ever.
                        This story never gets old.
                        Last edited by NorthMike; 02-22-2023, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• How bad is the weather up there? I read a winter storm warning until late tomorrow, which puts my flight in jeopardy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
                            How bad is the weather up there? I read a winter storm warning until late tomorrow, which puts my flight in jeopardy.
                            Sunny and 39 right now. The guessers are saying in Bangor 4 to 8 tomorrow but they changed it several times are ready so I'd say nothing to several ft should cover it

Comment

• If flying into Bangor, they stay open due to great snow removal crews and a long runway built to handle large military aircraft. It’s always the connecting airport during a region wide storm that causes down line problems.
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

Sunny and 39 right now. The guessers are saying in Bangor 4 to 8 tomorrow but they changed it several times are ready so I'd say nothing to several ft should cover it
                                It was a balmy 81 degrees and sunny out on the golf course in Palm Harbor today. Cant make ice though in those temps. smiley. Wonder if I should get a tic to the HE playoffs this year and fly up. Opinions ?
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X