The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    On the one hand, with how hapless this team has been on the road the last several seasons, taking points off these games certainly qualifies as progress. On the other hand, I thought that Maine was the better team both today and last Sunday, and they have a combined two out of six points to show for it. And today in particular was a game they should have won, taking a lead late like that. This team can play, and this team can skate, but what they can't do is score, or finish. It's what they desperately need and what I hope, and think, the Nadeau's can bring next year and beyond.
    Exactly.

Maine is 2-3 danglers away from being truly good.

Comment

• Let one get away, too bad but typical at the Whitt, tough place to play for Maine. I don't see Maine as the better team in that game. No doubt Maine has improved over the season.

Maine needs to play all 3 periods tonight, thought UNH smoked them in the 2nd. One point is better than none.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Exactly.

Maine is 2-3 danglers away from being truly good.
        True. Im very encouraged with some of the freshmen, their only getting better. A few veteran players are really improving under Barr as well. Plus he is building a great team culture.
        The speed and conditioning has way improved.
        Still too much dump and chase grind it out along the boards for me. They've gotten better at it but they have to be able to expand their offense to good passing with puck movement through the neutral and offensive zones and snipe a few.

Discouraging loss in that bldg last night but I think tonite Maine will win due their conditioning advantage.

My first trip to the Whitt, they can have it, didnt care for the place. Huge crowd though, 6000+. Decent # of blue fans.

Comment

• This is a tough league to win on the road and Maine prior to this year was nothing less than terrible on the road. Been a much better year on the road this year which is a good sign. They should have won getting a late lead but it was bad break goal followed by a couple unreal scoring chances that most nights end up being goals and that crap happens. IF they can win tonight and get 3 pts, a 4 pt weekend on the road is a very productive weekend IMO.

on a side note….does anyone else think the Houle shootout run coulda have been worthy of a second look from the officials? It was awkward and tendu was almost backed up completely into the net with his pads. I thought I saw an angle that it looked close. Not saying it did or didn’t go in but would have thought they would have at least looked because it seemed close to me

Comment

• Originally posted by MoxieMan21 View Post
            This is a tough league to win on the road and Maine prior to this year was nothing less than terrible on the road. Been a much better year on the road this year which is a good sign. They should have won getting a late lead but it was bad break goal followed by a couple unreal scoring chances that most nights end up being goals and that crap happens. IF they can win tonight and get 3 pts, a 4 pt weekend on the road is a very productive weekend IMO.

on a side note….does anyone else think the Houle shootout run coulda have been worthy of a second look from the officials? It was awkward and tendu was almost backed up completely into the net with his pads. I thought I saw an angle that it looked close. Not saying it did or didn’t go in but would have thought they would have at least looked because it seemed close to me
            Yes I thought it could have been looked at but maybe you can't replay them?

Comment

• Take a look at these architectural plans for a new Alfond Arena by JLG Architects. This study was completed in 2021 as part of the Alfond Fund $90 million donation. The athletic dept. decided to go in a different direction opting for a basketball facility instead and a renovation of Alfond Arena. Obviously this project would have cost way more ($150-200 million?).....some really cool designs though....love the interior shot of the new arena. Also notice other aspects of the design with major changes to the football stadium as well as other surrounding fields and buildings....

https://jlgarchitects.com/projects/u...ine-ice-arena/

Comment

• https://jlgarchitects.com/projects/u...ine-ice-arena/

Whoa....those are sweet.
                Last edited by acs64; 02-18-2023, 11:21 AM.
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  Discouraging loss in that bldg last night but I think tonite Maine will win due their conditioning advantage.
                  Agreed. Tonight UNH will start strong after last night's slow start. We'll see what they have left in the third period.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoxieMan21 View Post
                    This is a tough league to win on the road and Maine prior to this year was nothing less than terrible on the road. Been a much better year on the road this year which is a good sign. They should have won getting a late lead but it was bad break goal followed by a couple unreal scoring chances that most nights end up being goals and that crap happens. IF they can win tonight and get 3 pts, a 4 pt weekend on the road is a very productive weekend IMO.

I was thinking at the time that goal should a been looked at but both refs were adamant no goal. I dont know but it seemed they reviewed alot last night so why not that.
                    From my vantage pt there was another shot from a nice break in from #6 I believe on net hit metal and bounced out. I think just before unh first goal.
                    Worth a review? but never saw the replay.
                    I also thought that second unh goal was a high stick but would have been a big decision to overturn it unless a real high stick.
                    Reffing was better last night than some other games this year though. They let alot of holding, interference, type stuff go for both sides.

Comment

• Is this the most important game of the Barr era thus far?

Comment

Is this the most important game of the Barr era thus far?
                        Game is sold out, Maine fans getting tickets on Stub Hub. That should be worth a goal for UNH, fans are going to be into it if UNH gets a lead. I'd bet on an early goal for UNH then we shall see what Maine is made of. Tough game. Walshy got owned down there many times

Comment

• So, news is imminent in next few months about the alfond renovations. "Its high on the priority list and in the forefront for the funding." From a good source.

Comment

Is this the most important game of the Barr era thus far?
                            I don’t think so because after last night Maine is basically locked in somewhere between 7th and 9th. I can see Maine finishing 8th and playing Umass in the first round. It’s hard for me to decide which team out of UNH, BC, and Umass is the best matchup. You can make arguments for and against all of them.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• It appeared to me Trudeau has started to get more confident in traffic, along the boards, in deep. I expect his efforts will soon result in goals…
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

• Is the coverage on espn plus? Having trouble finding it.

Comment

Working...
                                X