This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
    Breen centering the Nadeau brothers next year?
    Yes please.

Comment

• Really nice win today. No quit in this team. Solid bounceback from Ostman after a few shaky goals on Friday night, he kept this team in it.

Can do without seeing Roullard up here anymore. That guy makes Benedetto look a competent ref.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Had to leave game after the 2nd to pick up my dogs at the kennel so I missed Breen and his shorties. I thought 1st merrimack goal was kind of soft, but maybe Ostman never saw it? Maine PK was on point and it had to be. They had some great chances shorthanded in the 1st, maybe the best chances in the 1st 2 periods. They continue to get some looks and miss the net. Great comeback though, not sure where the game is on ESPN+ but I can't find it. I can get Maine vs BU or MC vs UNH but no Maine MC game up as right now. Really like to see 3rd and OT now that I'm home. No quit in these guys.

Good crowd other than student section, place was pretty full. I stood just like old times
        For some reason it isn't listed as Hockey East but if you look under NCAA Men's hockey it should be there.

Comment

• Maine with a game in hand and three head to head with BC and only a point behind the Eagles for the 7-seed.

​​​​Nine points behind Providence for the 6-seed but three games in hand. It is doable but not likely.

Comment

who took the major?
            Charbier. Absolutely dumb penalty!

Comment

Had to leave game after the 2nd to pick up my dogs at the kennel so I missed Breen and his shorties. I thought 1st merrimack goal was kind of soft, but maybe Ostman never saw it? Maine PK was on point and it had to be. They had some great chances shorthanded in the 1st, maybe the best chances in the 1st 2 periods. They continue to get some looks and miss the net. Great comeback though, not sure where the game is on ESPN+ but I can't find it. I can get Maine vs BU or MC vs UNH but no Maine MC game up as right now. Really like to see 3rd and OT now that I'm home. No quit in these guys.

Good crowd other than student section, place was pretty full. I stood just like old times
              Think I met you before the game today with Pete. Been reading your post for years always enjoyed your insight.

Agreed. I think the first goal was a little
              soft. It appeared he got a piece but hard to tell frome the other end but in recent games that is one he has been saving. Second goal was just an absolute snipe.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                Really nice win today. No quit in this team. Solid bounceback from Ostman after a few shaky goals on Friday night, he kept this team in it.

Can do without seeing Roullard up here anymore. That guy makes Benedetto look a competent ref.
                I thought Murphy made most of the calls against us.
                Not the best officiated game.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoxieMan21 View Post

Charbier. Absolutely dumb penalty!
                  Charbier played poorly today along with a minor and a major, and saw him make some cheap shots.
                  Barr should sit him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Charbier played poorly today along with a minor and a major, and saw him make some cheap shots.
                    Barr should sit him.
                    I tend to agree. Not that other players aren’t getting penalties but boneheaded ones just hurt your team. Maine doesn’t have much margin for error and can’t be putting your team in those situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoxieMan21 View Post

Think I met you before the game today with Pete. Been reading your post for years always enjoyed your insight.

Agreed. I think the first goal was a little
                      soft. It appeared he got a piece but hard to tell frome the other end but in recent games that is one he has been saving. Second goal was just an absolute snipe.
                      That was me. Pleasure meeting you, feel bad you were with Pete : ) Good game too bad I missed the best part.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Who Charbier in for? I think one of the D man has a broken finger? After seeing the penalty I can see why a major was called.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• How do the points work again for conference play, 3 for win in regulation, 1 for tie, 2 for win in ot or 3 for OT win?? If tie in OT and shootout win is 2 pts also?

Comment

Who Charbier in for? I think one of the D man has a broken finger? After seeing the penalty I can see why a major was called.
                            Holt i believe

Comment

• Unbelievable come back by Maine. To be down two goals with 12 minutes left in the game and to do it with two short handed goals by the same player!!! I don't think I have ever seen that. Maine was fortunate to win that game, committing so many penalties including a 5 minute major. It's a good thing Maine's penalty kill is good and that they have a good goal tender. Not many games are won playing that way. Give them credit though, they battled and persevered.
                              Last edited by Runsub5; 02-05-2023, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                                How do the points work again for conference play, 3 for win in regulation, 1 for tie, 2 for win in ot or 3 for OT win?? If tie in OT and shootout win is 2 pts also?
                                3 points regulation win; 2 points win in OT or shootout; 1 point for loss in OT or shootout.

Comment

Working...
                                X