• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice tying goal. Thanks BU!

Comment

• Tired of mannix talking about skoog.

Comment

• Maine shouldn’t feel bad about tonight. They played a decent game but BU was just too good. It’s nice to see Maine score some goals even though they weren’t enough.

I’m super impressed with BU. This would have been an easy game for them to not show up for and they were great. They might be the best hockey east team since the BC team that won the national championship. I question if their d-corps can hold up in the NCAA tournament but they have a ton of talent and are really enjoyable to watch.

Merrimack lost to UNH tonight and Sunday in theory should be a comfortable win given Merrimack’s recent form but you never know.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• BU is definitely NC material.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Maine shouldn’t feel bad about tonight. They played a decent game but BU was just too good. It’s nice to see Maine score some goals even though they weren’t enough.

I’m super impressed with BU. This would have been an easy game for them to not show up for and they were great. They might be the best hockey east team since the BC team that won the national championship. I question if their d-corps can hold up in the NCAA tournament but they have a ton of talent and are really enjoyable to watch.

Merrimack lost to UNH tonight and Sunday in theory should be a comfortable win given Merrimack’s recent form but you never know.
            Maine played a decent home game. I expected it would be more competitive than a couple weeks ago. BU is just too good to keep off the score sheet. If you fall asleep for a minute they are gonna bury one. Happy with how they battled, it wasn’t an easy game for BU 15-0-0 when scoring first is impressive. Good to see the power play getting more creative and a lot more movement. 9 goals scored against BU in their last two meetings. BU certainly has the depth and fire power to compete for NC but the defense seems to be the weak(est) part of their game but then you have a good tendy to bail you out. On to Merrimack who is a train wreck since the break so I’m expecting a W and some points out the weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              Tired of mannix talking about skoog.
              Just a fun name to say I guess. That backhand was pretty impressive you have to give him credit. I honestly think Brown scares me more. He is very shifty and great puckhandler. That goal in tight space he weaved through 3 Maine defenders.

Comment

• Maine has improved so much since the beginning of the season, Their passing, skating, shooting the puck much quicker and power play are all signs of improvement. Every time Maine tied it up, it seemed like BU just changed gears and scored very quickly to regain the lead. Almost at will. BU is very impressive!

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  BU is definitely NC material.
                  Absolutely if they keep their head in it. Saw them two weeks ago and their even better live.
                  But I have to wonder how do they let us score 10 goals in three game, 9 in two games.You could argue 10 in two games.
                  Last edited by NorthMike; 02-03-2023, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoxieMan21 View Post

Just a fun name to say I guess. That backhand was pretty impressive you have to give him credit. I honestly think Brown scares me more. He is very shifty and great puckhandler. That goal in tight space he weaved through 3 Maine defenders.
                    Matt Brown is undrafted!! Amazing! Lane Hutson impresses me. He's an 18 year old freshman and is the top scoring defenseman in the country with 31 points prior to tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Absolutely if they keep their head in it. Saw them two weeks ago and their even better live.
                      But I have to wonder how do they let us score 10 goals in three game, 9 in two games.You could argue 10 in two games.
                      As others here noted, our D is our weak link. We have 5 D who are excellent and nothing else. Fensore got injured in the first Maine game two weeks ago and until tonight, hadn't played since. So we were rolling 4 D for most games since, giving the 5th and 6th sporadic shifts. Our guys get gassed from the endless double shifts. Fensore played tonight only because Case McCarthy got hurt in practice and we'd have risked being down to 3 viable D and 3 reserves. That'd have been a disaster, so he played. With all five guys playing and the 6th getting sporadic shifts, our D improves. But it's still a weak point because of the lack of depth.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

As others here noted, our D is our weak link. We have 5 D who are excellent and nothing else. Fensore got injured in the first Maine game two weeks ago and until tonight, hadn't played since. So we were rolling 4 D for most games since, giving the 5th and 6th sporadic shifts. Our guys get gassed from the endless double shifts. Fensore played tonight only because Case McCarthy got hurt in practice and we'd have risked being down to 3 viable D and 3 reserves. That'd have been a disaster, so he played. With all five guys playing and the 6th getting sporadic shifts, our D improves. But it's still a weak point because of the lack of depth.
                        “Brass Bonaza”??’!!! Are you a Hartford Whalers….slash Maine fan 8 hours away?!!
                        makes no sense

Comment

Lol, is this now a parody account?
                          Only when you post.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                            Maine has 3 things going for it right now that would seemingly limit transfers to those who aren't seeing playing time or have personality conflicts....

1. Ben Barr
                            2. Upward trajectory
                            3. Upcoming Alfond/Walsh Center renovations
                            I was with you until #3. That positively affects new recruits, but those renos won't be seen by current players. The case could be made that upcoming renos are a negative to current players since they won't see the upside but will have to suffer through the construction.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Lol, is this now a parody account?
                              How so? Like suggesting that the team with arguably one of the best goalies (a junior) in the country and a draftee coming in next class is in the market for grad transfer goalies?

The Mount pick up is a promising young player, never know what will happen but shows, coupled with the Shattuck commit from a few weeks back, a different recruiting strategy than previous staff, in my opinion. Tier 3 junior league players were brought in every year under previous staff, which is part of the reason for the absolute dumpster fire the program was. If memory serves, the Richard kid who went to Providence, was from MSC. Other than him, don’t recall the previous staff getting in there. Just general observations, not parody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post

How so? Like suggesting that the team with arguably one of the best goalies (a junior) in the country and a draftee coming in next class is in the market for grad transfer goalies?

The Mount pick up is a promising young player, never know what will happen but shows, coupled with the Shattuck commit from a few weeks back, a different recruiting strategy than previous staff, in my opinion. Tier 3 junior league players were brought in every year under previous staff, which is part of the reason for the absolute dumpster fire the program was. If memory serves, the Richard kid who went to Providence, was from MSC. Other than him, don’t recall the previous staff getting in there. Just general observations, not parody.
                                Keith Carney = MSC :-) ...but that was a looooong time ago. Anyone have a chance to see how his kid plays in person? Hard to see on the tube. Yeah, no doubt that BU has a ton of talent and yes their D seems a bit shaky, but goalie is pretty good. Not sure they have enough to win it all, but they sure should be in the mix. Nice to at least see Maine make them work for the W instead of laying down like in past years. Some saying that MC should be a win the way they are playing...that kind of talk gives me pause. Never an easy win in this league, lets hope Maine plays with passion and the good work ethic we have seen lately. Feeling a little empathy (but not much) for you Mainuhs...its a chilly 50 down here. Hows that wind chill feeling ?
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X