This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Big downside though: significant budget cuts due to decreasing enrollment system wide are in the works. Sports will feel the pain.
    A few steps ahead and some backwards.
    I don't think so. Donor money can't be/won't be touched.....plus Janet Mills has their back (UMaine System).

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

I don't think so. Donor money can't be/won't be touched.....plus Janet Mills has their back (UMaine System).
      I don't know this for a fact but I assume lots of athletic money from most schools comes for donor money. I can't imagine many Universities are giving athletic programs excessive budgets. It's a different story when you are talking about big time D-1 basketball and football schools. They bring is so much revenue it becomes a moot point. I just look at St.Thomas and Sacred Heart who are not historical D-1 hockey schools and getting new arenas and even some D-3 schools with nicer amenities than UMaine has. I also think its likely that private schools give and have a lot more money to give athletics than a public school. At the end of the day though you need to spend money to be competitive at a high level of D-1 sports. Hockey is Maine's one competitive sport at a national level and they have fallen behind because of lack of financial support to stay competitive IMO. It doesn't just come down to the arena and weight rooms and locker rooms but having lowest paid coaches pretty much eliminates in most cases getting top notch people which trickles down to not getting top notch student athletes.

Comment

I don’t think donor money has a ton of impact on the operating budget. That is where the pain will be.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Maybe the university can cut the budget for infrastructure some more and the few remaining students can take classes in the crumbling remains of Little Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Maybe the university can cut the budget for infrastructure some more and the few remaining students can take classes in the crumbling remains of Little Hall
            I think you mean the crumbling remains of the now Williams Hall .

Still too early to gauge Barr’s long term interest, let’s just enjoy it while it lasts. Maybe I'm part of the problem but if he wins, I’d be more than happy to see him be the highest paid state official. On top of that, they’ll have to pay him in line with the other state run hockey East programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I don’t think donor money has a ton of impact on the operating budget. That is where the pain will be.
              Again....doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Maybe the university can cut the budget for infrastructure some more and the few remaining students can take classes in the crumbling remains of Little Hall
                This will help soften the blow....

https://www.maine.gov/governor/mills...sal-2023-01-11

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

I think you mean the crumbling remains of the now Williams Hall .

Still too early to gauge Barr’s long term interest, let’s just enjoy it while it lasts. Maybe I'm part of the problem but if he wins, I’d be more than happy to see him be the highest paid state official. On top of that, they’ll have to pay him in line with the other state run hockey East programs.
                  It would not be hard to become the highest paid state official in Maine.

Comment

• Another D man commit, Alex Bosland from Mount St. Charles. So good to see the staff getting kids from programs the previous regime couldn’t touch.

Comment

• The wind chill is a brisk -38 in Orono. Hope they don't make the fan wait outside in the cold.

Comment

• Can't watch this one tonight, but seems like a decent first. Outshooting them, only down a goal. Dosen't appear they're getting run out of there, at least on the stat sheet.

Comment

• Good period. Decent PP

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
                            Another D man commit, Alex Bosland from Mount St. Charles. So good to see the staff getting kids from programs the previous regime couldn’t touch.
                            Lol, is this now a parody account?
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Again....doubt it.
                              Ok come on spill it, you must have some scoop on a new donor(s).
                              Cause so far the donor pool for covering hockey operations is pretty shallow. Though we do have some in the Grant Stanbrook fund, Red graciously contributed some of his salary.

Comment

• 2 for 3 on PP!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X