No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough break for the Bears, getting the game-winner waved off. Let's see how they respond.

Comment

• They need to fix the rules, this is so ridiculous. Enough with the gimmicks.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• A 1-1 tie on the road with your starting goaltender wearing street clothes isn't the worst result in the world. Would have been nice to get the win there though.

Comment

• Good thing that shootouts don't count for anything in non-league games.

Comment

• Normally I'd be disappointed with the outcome of the weekend, but with the starting goalie not on the ice, I suppose it isn't the worst thing ever, as ticapnews said. I would hope that this weekend firmly established Androlewicz as the backup and cemented Mucitelli as the third string emergency option.

Comment

• Good game tonight, I felt like if either team deserved a win, it was Maine but evenly matched the whole way.

Androlewicz was really good and the boys played better in front of him. I don’t know about the waived off goal in OT, I only saw the 1 angle but looked like the puck was already in the crease and Breen was trying to get out.

That’s a shame about Hebert, I always liked his game. I believe he was dealing with some injury issues this season so I wonder if the chances of him suiting up again were slim. He’s in his last year of eligibility so maybe he decided to hang up the skates. Weird that he was on last nights line chart and now is gone though.

Comment

• Goaltending was far better this afternoon, but Maine still can't finish.

Maybe next year. I certainly see *some* progress.

Comment

• Disappointing weekend but Colgate was the better team this weekend, with excellent goaltending.
                  Onto next weekend! Oh wait, Alaska Anch. swept lowell at tsongas.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• NorthMike,
                    Anchorage’s wins this season have all come against schools from which they have had transfers (including UMass Lowell). Go Seapuppies.
                    Tom S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      They need to fix the rules, this is so ridiculous. Enough with the gimmicks.
                      Didn't get any explanation at the game. What was the call?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        They need to fix the rules, this is so ridiculous. Enough with the gimmicks.
                        This ought to be good. Wait for it…

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post

This ought to be good. Wait for it…
                          I think Drew was talking about the fact that they did the shootout even though it is completely meaningless out of conference.

That left me scratching my head as well, do they ask the coaches if they want to do it just for fun? I guess it’s good practice for the teams when they’re in conference play.

Comment

• Agreed. I walked out of the Class of ‘65 Arena after the 3-on-3. I would rather see a college hockey game decided by Yahtzee! at center ice than by a shoot-out. Tonight’s game, a 1-1 tie, was an excellent advertisement for college hockey. It was a hard-fought contest between two equals. We don’t need a silly shootout to decide a silly winner.

Comment

• Wasn't Mucitelli something like 8-0-1 at Clarkson last year ? Strange.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                Wasn't Mucitelli something like 8-0-1 at Clarkson last year ? Strange.
                                Clarkson's defense could disguise flaws a lot more than Maine's can right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X