This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I need to preface this by admitting I haven't been watching the game, so I dont know how its actually looked on the ice. But following live stats, it seemed to suddenly click why they're trailing and have allowed two goals in the first period when I saw the name "J. Mucitelli" in the box score.
    Dont see ostman in the lineup on chn.
    ???

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Dont see ostman in the lineup on chn.
      ???
      He’s sick.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• What a disappointment Mucitelli has been.

Comment

• It is a nice change of pace. After years of making opposing goaltenders look like Brodeur and Hasek the team is now making opposing teams look like the 1984 Edmonton Oilers. Progress!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

He’s sick.
            Ooof, it'll be a long weekend.
            Turned on the game and watched colgate score three goals.
            Bad luck I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Ooof, it'll be a long weekend.
              Turned on the game and watched colgate score three goals.
              Bad luck I guess.
              Don't do that anymore! P:

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Yeah, he let in two softies, then made two great stops.

Barr really needs to recruit better 'tending in the off-season, no matter what.

Happy to see Maine playing better than any Red team, though. And plenty of good seats still available here lol!
                I happen to think that Ostman is a really good goaltender, but I agree that more depth at the position in the pipeline should be the top priority. Mucitelli is a bum who can't play.

Comment

• I wonder if Mucitelli has some sort of injury or what his issue is. He has had success at the college level so hard to understand why he has been so bad this year.

I never got around to posting my mid season thoughts(probably for the best as it likely would have upset some folks) but one thing I was going to say was Ostman definitely was Maine’s mvp and it obviously showed tonight. Hopefully Andro starts tomorrow night and can give Maine a solid performance.

The first line seemed like they were on the periphery of the game without Trudeau and hopefully he won’t be out very long. Maine’s been pretty lucky so far injury wise this year so we can’t really complain.

Comment

I happen to think that Ostman is a really good goaltender, but I agree that more depth at the position in the pipeline should be the top priority. Mucitelli is a bum who can't play.
                    Ostman is around average. No better.

If Maine is going to contend for an NCAA berth, an upgrade is definitely in order.

Mucitelli needs to go to D-3, although most D-3 goalies are at least as talented.

Nice to see how well Maine can skate, though.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-30-2022, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Ostman is around average. No better.

If Maine is going to contend for an NCAA berth, an upgrade is definitely in order.

Mucitelli needs to go to D-3, although most D-3 goalies are at least as talented.

Nice to see how well Maine can skate, though.
                      Ostman has been pretty good this year, GAA under 2, save percentage is .922.

I hate to be harsh on a guy but Mucitelli has been tough to watch. I had high hopes for him when he transferred. You could tell from the first few shots that he was fighting the puck tonight.

Maine didn’t play one of their better games but that’s a one goal game if Ostman is in net in my opinion.

Hoping for a better result tomorrow, a sweep would be a tough way to start the second half. I’m guessing Andro gets the start if Ostman can’t go.

Comment

• BlackBearFan19… does Maine normally take that many penalties in a game? It seemed like an inordinate amount to me.

Comment

Yeah, he let in two softies, then made two great stops.

Barr really needs to recruit better 'tending in the off-season, no matter what.

Happy to see Maine playing better than any Red team, though. And plenty of good seats still available here lol!
                          Watch Latvia in World Jrs to see incoming Goalie recruit
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                            BlackBearFan19… does Maine normally take that many penalties in a game? It seemed like an inordinate amount to me.
                            I think Maine has been averaging taking around 3 or 4 penalties a game so not usually. I did think it was called pretty tight but no excuse because it was called tight both ways.

Comment

• It appears Androlewicz will get the start today, as he's the first listed goalie on the line chart.

Comment

It appears Androlewicz will get the start today, as he's the first listed goalie on the line chart.
                                Some juicier news from today’s line chart…Grant Hebert was listed as a scratch last night but isn’t today and has been removed from the roster. Was there some sort of bust up after the game last night?

Also, Carney is making his day-boo today.

Comment

Working...
                                X