The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I feel like I have said this before but hopefully this weekend was a turning point for Barr. They’re in great shape to finish ninth now which is a definite step in the right direction. I see Colgate as being tricky where it’s right after Christmas and is a long ride but Canisuis and Alaska should be layups. Hopefully winning some games gives them confidence the rest of the way in Hockey East.
    You hired the right coach....eventually y'all will believe it....you can't turn the battleship on a dime. With the cupboards as empty as they were, I'm not sure why anyone thought this would be a quick fix ?? BTW, Colgate could prove to be a tough out -- they've had a few quality wins ---- the latest of which was knocking off Harvard 6-4 on Saturday night.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Some stats on Maine's 5-8-1 record.....

6 of Maine's 8 losses are to #1 Denver, #2 Quinnipiac, #8 UConn and #11 Merrimack. (USCHO Poll)

3 of Maine's 8 losses are by 1 goal.

Comment

• Another recruit, issac lambert, bchl,salmon arm silverbacks, coming next year
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• The way I see it, Maine's season has been about what should have been expected. They win the games they should win (except for Bentley), and they lose the games they should lose (except for Quinnipiac). And even when they do lose, the heavy majority of the time they aren't run off the rink, they limit shots and chances against, they don't take stupid penalties, and they look like they're fast enough to still belong on the same sheet of ice as their more talented opponents. Would it have been nice for Maine to maybe pick off one of those close losses to an opponent better than them? Of course it would, the Connecticut and Merrimack weekends come to mind right away. But all it takes is to watch the team to know they're already significantly improved and on the verge of something great. Except the Bentley game I guess, that was just a total aberration that can't be explained.

If the trend of "winning games you should win" continues, I would expect a steady stream of wins over the next stretch of the schedule. I think Colgate will be a really good measurement for them, a team of similar caliber on the road.

Comment

• BU-BC at the end of 2. Quick look at the box score makes me wonder whether they've both pulled their goalies. Or maybe the goalies are blindfolded?
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• I was going to post my thoughts on the season so far last week and never got around to it but will sometime this weekend.

I think not starting Mucitelli today is a mistake. This is a good chance for him to build some confidence and get some reps. It’s important he’s as ready as possible in case Ostman gets hurt.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Maine did everything but score in the 1st.

Comment

• Sirota with a penalty to end the 2nd, Major? Too many penalties that period but got the lead on PP, 1-0 Maine

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Sirota with a penalty to end the 2nd, Major? Too many penalties that period but got the lead on PP, 1-0 Maine
                    Feels like we’re playing down to the opponent a bit. Good thing they scored, a couple grade A’s after the goal as well. Ostman hasn’t been tested a lot but I’d like to see Maine take over this game and have some extended zone time.

And yes, looks like they gave Arnott a 5 minute which seems a bit weak.

Comment

• I thought it was Sirota that got him, good win either way. Didn't like the penalties in 2nd but they dominated Canisius And Ostman gets a shutout, nice

Comment

• Dismal, but a “W” which is all
                        that matters. They allowed a very depleted team to look competitive. On a good note, a game they would have found a way to lose in the past.
                        Trudeau?
                        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                        Just win.....

Comment

• Not the prettiest win in the world but nice to see them win a game they should even when not playing their best. Also, getting the shutout is impressive and they’ve only let up 3 goals against in the last 4 games.

Overall, I’m super pleased with the first half of the season. They’ve gotten better as the season has progressed and even with the tough schedule, they’re close to .500. I don’t think anyone expected Merrimack or Connecticut to be this good, so the schedule has been pretty brutal. It’s time to the let the Bentley game go, it clearly was an off night and is not at all indicative of what this team is.

The freshmen have been excellent, the d core is the best it’s been in 10-15 years. Breen is emerging as a star in hockey east and the top line appears to be able to generate offense against everyone.

Ostman has been sharp especially now that he’s seeing less shots and grade A’s every game. The future is very bright, I think there’s a good chance we see this team hit the .500 mark again this season and hopefully very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                            BU-BC at the end of 2. Quick look at the box score makes me wonder whether they've both pulled their goalies. Or maybe the goalies are blindfolded?
                            Defense optional.

Just checking in now on ESPN+. Has attendance been this dismal and I just haven't noticed or was there something happening on campus? I see the band was in DDD today instead of the balcony.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Defense optional.

Just checking in now on ESPN+. Has attendance been this dismal and I just haven't noticed or was there something happening on campus? I see the band was in DDD today instead of the balcony.
                              Regarding the band, I heard from a little birdy I know still up in Orono that the reason for the relocation of the band is to accommodate a band member who relies on a wheelchair for transportation.

Comment

• Some of you here had mentioned that it wouldn't be long until Blake James revealed his true self to the people at BC. It was quite a faux pas he made during his speech the other night during the Jerry York ceremony. James expressed to York how much "Boston College University" appreciated his long service. That's just not a mistake the diehard Eagles can let go.

Comment

Working...
                                X