This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Not exactly surprising news but be prepared to be very underwhelmed by the AD.
    For sure, from the looks of the three finalists whoever gets it will be gone in three years. They appear to be career climber types. Good grief.
    ​​​​​​
    Hopefully Barr will outlast them.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

For sure, from the looks of the three finalists whoever gets it will be gone in three years. They appear to be career climber types. Good grief.
      ​​​​​​
      Hopefully Barr will outlast them.
      You have so many people with Maine ties who would absolutely knock it out of the park and instead hire some flunky from away people could care less about. You’re 100% on the money that they will do a mediocre job for a few years and then leave.

For Barr the good news is with any of these people he will have tons of job security. As long as he doesn’t get arrested or something like that he will be fine. The bad news is it’s hard for me to see any of this crew doing much to help the program financially.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Important games to win this weekend. If this team is truly improving and forming a future where they can be competitive in HE these are the games they have to win.
        VT wont be easy though, Im sure their rebuild process wants to show something too.
        ​​​​​​ Im braced to be disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Wishing my UMaine-iac pals a Happy Thanksgiving weekend. Noticed this woke spat up in your corner of the universe ...

Whole Foods decision to pull lobster divides environmentalists, politicians | Fox 8 Cleveland WJW

I thought "Save The Whales" was a spent '70's virtue signaling force. The local lobstering folks can't be happy?
          So true....and at the White House state dinner last evening with Hunter Biden and the rest of the gang they served........wait for it ...... Butter Poached Lobster ! Can't make it up !
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            Important games to win this weekend. If this team is truly improving and forming a future where they can be competitive in HE these are the games they have to win.
            VT wont be easy though, Im sure their rebuild process wants to show something too.
            ​​​​​​ Im braced to be disappointed.
            For sure this is a big weekend and a big opportunity for Maine to pick up points. I’m sure UVM and their fans feel the same. Maine is surely better than their record indicates and where they land in the pairwise currently reflects that.

I watched UVM and RPI last weekend and i think at this point in the season Maine is slightly better. Vermont has a goalie that’s capable of taking over a game but they struggle even more so than Maine to score.

I’ll be satisfied with a split considering it’s a road weekend in a tough place to play. Based off the AIC game, I don’t think we’d be wrong to be optimistic.
            Last edited by BlackBearFan19; 12-02-2022, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• I worry Ostman is going to struggle one of the games but I can see some sort of a split. As long as it isn’t a 4-2 UVM split it will have been a good weekend. Agree with BlackBears19 that Maine is a little better team.

Comment

• I would think that just as Barr and Maine likely had this weekend circled as a prime opportunity for wins, so too did Woodcroft and Vermont. I would expect a pair of low scoring games, with two wretched power plays and teams that struggle to score generally at 5 on 5. Anything less than 3-4 points this weekend is definitely a failure in my book. 6 is easily within reach.

Comment

• That call was so weak. Plays like that happen 100 times a game. The better team trails after 1. The PK is quickly becoming a problem, since the second Merrimack game feels like their PK rate is about 20%.

Comment

• Who didn't know Vermont was going to score on that PP, Same old crap for the last 10 years. How many Grade As did Maine have in that period, 15 ? 20? and a goose egg on the scoreboard
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

So true....and at the White House state dinner last evening with Hunter Biden and the rest of the gang they served........wait for it ...... Butter Poached Lobster ! Can't make it up !
                      But was the poached lobster poached?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Who didn't know Vermont was going to score on that PP, Same old crap for the last 10 years. How many Grade As did Maine have in that period, 15 ? 20? and a goose egg on the scoreboard
                        Do you watch the game? Holy ****. Maine MARKEDLY dominating in all three zones. You folks are so negative. I don’t want to be disrespectful, but Ben is the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Who didn't know Vermont was going to score on that PP, Same old crap for the last 10 years. How many Grade As did Maine have in that period, 15 ? 20? and a goose egg on the scoreboard
                          No snipers. Good hard work, faster, and much better on D and cycling in offensive zone.

Comment

• Nice road win by Maine. Haven't been able to say that much over the last few years.

Was a little nervous to see how they would look on the larger ice, but they controlled the play for the most part and closed that game out.

Now do it again tomorrow!

Comment

• Good win!!
                              The tv guy was good but I feel like we had some new players out there. Lol.

Comment

• Some really poor finishing but good to get the win. Regardless of what happens tomorrow night this weekend has been a success.

Comment

Working...
                                X