This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    An extension beyond four yrs shouldn't be a problem for Barr regardless of the extension clause. The U hands out coach contract extensions pretty easily. The real problem may be how to hang onto him.
    Well, there's that... Who'll want the job if Barr bails on it? (And, just for the record, I was -and AM- still on board with his attempt to put out the dumpster fire that Red started.)

Yet, this is still Red's team for the most part, I get that... A bunch of grinders; not even close to being as talented as was Tim's worst-ever roster.

Next season will be my tipping point, one way or the other. I like the cut of Barr's jib, and we all figured he'd need at least 3-4 years to resurrect anything resembling a winning program anyway.

Still, a .500 or better record next year will be the litmus test as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• First you lose big.

Then you lose close.

Then you start winning.

Maine's on step 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
        First you lose big.

Then you lose close.

Then you start winning.

Maine's on step 2.
        I think this fits, Maine is close. If Sway was still here they'd have a bunch of wins right now.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Swayman wouldn't help them score goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
            Swayman wouldn't help them score goals.
            This. Goaltending (or at least Ostman) is not the problem. I happen to think he's quite a good goalie as a matter of fact.

Comment

You don't many goals with Sway. Ostman hasn't looked as sharp on Saturdays
              Last edited by walrus; 11-15-2022, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Also, Maine Mens BBall beat BC at BC, what the ****
                Last edited by walrus; 11-16-2022, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• Why the need for the vulgar language?

Comment

Why the need for the vulgar language?
                    I fixed it for you. I didn't realize any posters on here were so sensitive

Maine got 90 grand from the game also. I didn't realize BBall teams were paying for patsies to come to there arena like Football does

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I fixed it for you. I didn't realize any posters on here were so sensitive

Maine got 90 grand from the game also. I didn't realize BBall teams were paying for patsies to come to there arena like Football does
                      I'm a sensitive guy too. Tee phkn hee.
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Actually, not true. Great goaltending gives the D and forwards the confidence to take more risk and generate more offense without as much fear of phkn up.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post

I'm a sensitive guy too. Tee phkn hee.
                          I know better than that : )

Comment

• I cant think of a bad coach hired by Ralph, but jeez that was a lousy football season

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• BCHL points leader race must make for some great family rivalry fun…those Nadeau brothers are leaving the field in their dust!
                              https://bchl.ca/stats/player-stats
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                                BCHL points leader race must make for some great family rivalry fun…those Nadeau brothers are leaving the field in their dust!
                                https://bchl.ca/stats/player-stats
                                Wow, what a year for Josh "Jake Pappalardo" Nadeau!

Comment

Working...
                                X