Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took maine 3 minutes to get puck over red line. NU dominating the puck so far
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• I see fans are celebrating Halloween by dressing as empty seats.

Maine players do know they're allowed to possess the puck, right? It's all Northeastern in the first five minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        I see fans are celebrating Halloween by dressing as empty seats.

Maine players do know they're allowed to possess the puck, right? It's all Northeastern in the first five minutes.
        Deer season starts tomorrow as well.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I can't describe how much I hate the trend of the drop pass at your own blue line on the power play. Absolutely disgusting to me. It dosen't even do anything helpful, it just lets the penalty killers regroup and clog the entry at their own blue line.

Comment

• NU has most of the puck possession, especially early on, but with the help of a few power plays it looked like Maine settled in. I thought the high danger, high quality chances were about even between the teams despite the lopsided shot totals. Trudeau also looks good on offense, I think he's a player.

Comment

• The boys adjusted well. Northeastern dominated the first five, Maine the second five and the final 10 were pretty even. Having that penalty called on the Huskies swung momentum in a major way.

edit: and a roughing call at the end of the period gives Maine a third straight power play. Have to take advantage. 14-6 shots in favor of Northeastern.
              Last edited by ticapnews; 10-28-2022, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Disappointing beginning to the third period, giving up two quick goals but a great power play goal cuts the lead to 2-1. No point on the goal, but outstanding job by Renwick to plant himself in front of Levi who never knew anything about the shot until the puck was past him.

Comment

• Such a stupid penalty by Trudeau.

Comment

• Golden opportunity for a short-handed to tie it turns into an offensive zone penalty by Trudeau.

And Houle scores an unexpected shortie to tie the game at 2-2. Unreal sequence.

Comment

• Bonus hockey at the Alfond. At least one point tonight.

Comment

• Tied after 65 minutes. Now to a free throw shooting contest for the extra point.

Comment

• Poisson wins it in the shootout. Final score 3-2 after Maine fell behind 2-0 early in the third. Impressive comeback for a big victory.

Gotta keep building.

Comment

• What a comeback!

Comment

• Real bonus two points tonight. I would have been happy with the performance even if Maine lost 3-1 or something like that but to get a shootout win is really wonderful. Maine so far this year has really gotten the most out of what they have which is all you can ask for.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                I can't describe how much I hate the trend of the drop pass at your own blue line on the power play. Absolutely disgusting to me. It dosen't even do anything helpful, it just lets the penalty killers regroup and clog the entry at their own blue line.
                                It was annoying to see them use that over and over tonight. Almost like it was the only thing they practiced all week because they stubbornly wouldn’t abandon it.

I’m not sure if that was something they saw on tape of other teams having success against NU’s PK but it feels like a gimmick you go to when your normal PP scheme isn’t working.

Comment

Working...
                                X