This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
    Maine didn't play scared against a top seed like they did on the road at Denver. It was refreshing to let them skate with a good team and outside of the second period on Sunday they matched the tempo quite well. QU played a good game Saturday, but once Maine broke that tie it felt like they just wilted. This weekend did show that any games at home should be winnable, but overall success won't happen until Maine starts playing with more consistency on the road.

Of all the newcomers Holt really stood out in my eyes. Very good ability to read the ice and made smart passes to drive possession in both games. He absolutely looks like he should be playing big minutes all year and is going to improve the PP quite a bit as the point guy.

Ostman played an insane game on Saturday, easily his best in his time at Orono, but he kind of transformed back into a pumpkin in that second period on Sunday. QU clearly knew the scouting report on his game because they kept trying to make him move cross-crease to make saves. It didn't work on Sat, but they tagged him for a couple that I'm sure he wants back yesterday. It's a minor gripe but I would have preferred Mucitelli coming out for the third period to get some reps against a quality opponent.

Overall I came away pretty impressed with what I saw this weekend. Northeastern has had Maine's number in recent years. 12 straight losses (including Hockey East playoffs), so if Maine can get their first win against them since 2017 I'd be pretty happy with that.
    Holt really looks sharp. He’s been a pleasant surprise since he flew under the radar prior to arriving. Over the past 5-10 years a major complaint on the dmen was them lacking the ability to get pucks to the net from outside. Holt seems like the kind of player who has that unique ability to find the net.

Does anyone have an update on Trudeau? I know people mentioned him picking up an injury during the exhibition but it’s been silent out of the coaching staff regarding his status. I sure hope we see him soon. All indications showed him as a top 6 forward so you have to hope it’s just an injury and not something else keeping him off the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Holt really looks sharp. He’s been a pleasant surprise since he flew under the radar prior to arriving. Over the past 5-10 years a major complaint on the dmen was them lacking the ability to get pucks to the net from outside. Holt seems like the kind of player who has that unique ability to find the net.

Does anyone have an update on Trudeau? I know people mentioned him picking up an injury during the exhibition but it’s been silent out of the coaching staff regarding his status. I sure hope we see him soon. All indications showed him as a top 6 forward so you have to hope it’s just an injury and not something else keeping him off the ice.
      Larry said Trudeau got hurt in exhibition game but no word from him on return. He does say Trudeau may be able to help the team when he plays again? I'm assuming that means Trudeau will be a starter when able to play.
      https://www.bangordailynews.com/2022...at-n6hjn1me0n/
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Am going to check out women's field hockey tourney game friday before the NU hockey game. Another great season for the ladies.
        These games must be free? Never been.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
          Am going to check out women's field hockey tourney game friday before the NU hockey game. Another great season for the ladies.
          The only ticketed sports at UMaine now are football, hoops and men's ice hockey. Even baseball is free.

Comment

Am going to check out women's field hockey tourney game friday before the NU hockey game. Another great season for the ladies.
            The game vs. Stanford on Friday is a regular season game....they also host UC-Davis on Sunday to end the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

The only ticketed sports at UMaine now are football, hoops and men's ice hockey. Even baseball is free.
              That might change after all of the new or renovated facilities come on line.....I would not have an issue paying $5-$10 to help support the "other" sports.
              Last edited by umhockey91; 10-26-2022, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

The game vs. Stanford on Friday is a regular season game....they also host UC-Davis on Sunday to end the regular season.
                Oh thanks, might wait until the tourney then.

Comment

Oh thanks, might wait until the tourney then.
                  Go! It should be a good game.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• November 7 from noon to 1 pm, Zoom meeting on the 110 million dollar gift to the Athletic Dept.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

That might change after all of the new or renovated facilities come on line.....I would not have an issue paying $5-$10 to help support the "other" sports.
                      I wouldn't either. Field hockey is Maine's best program of late.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        November 7 from noon to 1 pm, Zoom meeting on the 110 million dollar gift to the Athletic Dept.
                        https://www.umainealumni.com/event/b...etics-webinar/
                        Last edited by umhockey91; 10-28-2022, 09:45 AM. Reason: updated info

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          November 7 from noon to 1 pm, Zoom meeting on the 110 million dollar gift to the Athletic Dept.
                          Will you report back to us, Wally? It'd be good to hear from an everyday Joe.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Will you report back to us, Wally? It'd be good to hear from an everyday Joe.
                            Not sure I will have the time to watch it
                            Last edited by walrus; 10-28-2022, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Trudeau is in the lineup. He's on the left side of the second line with Killian Kiecker-Olson and Donovan Houle.

Comment

• Also, two other bits of lineup info, Ostman gets the start again, and Barr has decided to run 13 forwards and 6 D for the first time this season, rather than the 12 F/7 D arrangement we had been seeing before. And, for what its worth, Mucitelli is listed as the third goaltender now, below Androlewicz. Not sure if thats truly indicative of him being banished to being the third stringer, or just that they list the two backup goalies in numerical order (Androlewicz 33, Mucitelli 35)

Comment

Working...
                                X