This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not many people there this afternoon, wonder how Covid affects that
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• 1-0 Q on PP

Comment

• Tied, 1-1 MAine on PP

Comment

• Maine let down a little late 1st period but came back with some pressure before period ended. Still 1-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I think Ostman played whole game.
            Thanks. CHN had Mucitelli starting and Ostman coming in on the delayed penalty call.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• 2-1 Q. sniped a shot on break in

Comment

• 4-1 now, Looks like Maine is done for the night That sucks, guess a split is better than nothing.

Comment

• Was hoping Mutichelli would start tonight. Hopefully this game doesn’t hurt Ostman’s confidence.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• lost the feed

Comment

• Would have been nice to see a sweep but it was a successful weekend overall. I don’t think they were noticeably worse than yesterday but they didn’t get those big saves from Ostman that they needed.

Quinnipiac was great at finishing their chances and capitalized on Maine’s breakdowns. Based off the box score, it would appear Maine played well but Quinnipiac controlled that game for the full 60.

On to Northeastern. They’re good but have struggled out of the gate. Should be a good chance for Maine to start hockey east play with some points. I think a split is a reasonable expectation. This team is capable of skating with almost everyone so splits should the expectation the rest of the way.

Comment

• I’m really happy how this weekend went.

I don’t really see us getting much out of next weekend given how tough of time we’ve had against Northeastern the last 10 years or so. It seems like at times Maine plays really well against them and still loses. Maybe Maine gets one game to overtime and gets a point but don’t see any more than that.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Two words for Quinnipiac. BIG and QUICK. Maine stayed with them for the first period but after that Quinnipiac showed their skill. Maine has improved speed over past years and played a full 60 minute game. I didn't go to last night's game but it looked like Quinnipiac may have taken Maine lightly last night and were not going to be defeated twice. Maine actually had more shots on goal for most of the game.

Comment

• It’s a safe bet that Northeastern will take next weekend’s games seriously considering the way your teams shut out the NU women and QPAC on the same day. Out of curiosity, Where did you feed your players their pre-game meal, and what did they have? :<)

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Not many people there this afternoon, wonder how Covid affects that
                              Sunday is a big day for pro football and for on campus get togethers.

Comment

• Maine didn't play scared against a top seed like they did on the road at Denver. It was refreshing to let them skate with a good team and outside of the second period on Sunday they matched the tempo quite well. QU played a good game Saturday, but once Maine broke that tie it felt like they just wilted. This weekend did show that any games at home should be winnable, but overall success won't happen until Maine starts playing with more consistency on the road.

Of all the newcomers Holt really stood out in my eyes. Very good ability to read the ice and made smart passes to drive possession in both games. He absolutely looks like he should be playing big minutes all year and is going to improve the PP quite a bit as the point guy.

Ostman played an insane game on Saturday, easily his best in his time at Orono, but he kind of transformed back into a pumpkin in that second period on Sunday. QU clearly knew the scouting report on his game because they kept trying to make him move cross-crease to make saves. It didn't work on Sat, but they tagged him for a couple that I'm sure he wants back yesterday. It's a minor gripe but I would have preferred Mucitelli coming out for the third period to get some reps against a quality opponent.

Overall I came away pretty impressed with what I saw this weekend. Northeastern has had Maine's number in recent years. 12 straight losses (including Hockey East playoffs), so if Maine can get their first win against them since 2017 I'd be pretty happy with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X