• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    They shoot like a Reds team though
    Ha So far.

Comment

• That penalty really changed the momentum. If they can keep it 5v5 and draw a couple penalties they have a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
        That penalty really changed the momentum. If they can keep it 5v5 and draw a couple penalties they have a shot.
        So they took another
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• cant ***** about goaltending, wow.

Comment

• Pinch me im dreaming.
            They are wearing down QU

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              Pinch me im dreaming.
              They are wearing down QU
              It was real. Best game of the Barr era. They can really skate. Great game by Ostman, he kept them in it when they needed it.

Comment

• That was something. Bentley who?

Comment

• The #3 women's team comes to Alfond and Maine shuts them out 1-0. Hours later the #3 men's team in the country comes to Alfond and Maine shuts them out 4-0. If both programs are able to build off these impressive showings it can be a great season in Orono.

Maine also defeated #3 Quinnipiac in 2016 and finished 11-21-4, so...

It looks like it'll be a fun ride though!

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    The #3 women's team comes to Alfond and Maine shuts them out 1-0. Hours later the #3 men's team in the country comes to Alfond and Maine shuts them out 4-0. If both programs are able to build off these impressive showings it can be a great season in Orono.

Maine also defeated #3 Quinnipiac in 2016 and finished 11-21-4, so...

It looks like it'll be a fun ride though!
                    Shea’s goal that night has to be one of the best in program history.

I’m absolutely chuffed for all the players and coaching staff. They’ve obviously been putting in the hard yards and it paid off tonight.

I don’t think tonight’s win is as good as the hiding they gave BU on senior night last year but it certainly is very satisfying and hopefully something to build on for this year.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Was the goalie switch a planned thing - give them each 30 minutes?
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• As per usual, I was working on a Saturday night, so I couldn't watch. But I was trying to follow on live stats as best I could.

To shutout and hold to only 33 shots a team that went into the Ralph and hung 11 goals on North Dakota just last weekend is impressive work. Especially when you gave them 4 power play opportunities. Now by the sounds of it, Ostman did bail them out a few times, so I'm sure there were some quality chances in there that haven't been accounted for in the raw shot total. But regardless, the defense looks like it has tightened up significantly, which is something I was hoping to see out of this season. At the start of the game, Drew mentioned the scratch list, and the one I fully agree with wanting to see is Felix Trudeau. I believe I heard a few people mention that he left the exhibition against PEI early, so perhaps he's still dealing with an injury. But this by the sounds of it and by appearances was an excellent win. To get better as the game went along against a team like Q is no small feat. Tomorrow's game is essentially house money at this point. That said, I still want them to play a competitive game. If they lose a close one, say 3-2 or 4-3 or something like that, then so be it. It's still a successful weekend. But if they get absolutely vaporized tomorrow it kind of puts a downer on the experience. And if they win again, then that would be incredible. And they've showed with their play so far this year (one certain game notwithstanding) that it's possible they could do it.

The only thing I will say is that for whatever reason, Maine has had some level of success against Q in recent years despite the big gap between them on paper, at least since I became a student at UMaine. It started with the game ticapnews mentioned in 2016, which I remember well because it was one of the very first games of my freshman year. They took them to OT the next night as well, and had a chance to win again. And there was also the road sweep of Q down in Hamden in 2017 or 2018, I want to say it was. My point is I want to see them show their improvement against a team they haven't had *any* success against recently, and they're gonna get that just next weekend in Northeastern. I'm going to put it out there right now: I expect at least one win against the Huskies next weekend. They needed OT to escape Long Island in the opener, and they went winless in their last three games, tying Boston College and losing to Lowell and Providence, all at home. In fact, each of their first six games were all played in the comforts of Matthews Arena, so this trip to Alfond will be their first time venturing away from home this year. I saw them play against Vermont as well, and I wasn't exactly impressed. I think they're a beatable team, especially at Alfond. If it were at Matthews I'd have less confidence, but at home I really believe and expect that they can take one.
                        Last edited by amkirby10; 10-23-2022, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          Was the goalie switch a planned thing - give them each 30 minutes?
                          Osteman played 60 minutes

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                            Was the goalie switch a planned thing - give them each 30 minutes?
                            I think Ostman played whole game.

First 2 periods, 50 50 pucks were going Qs way, not so much in 3rd. Cool to see Fawcett score against his old team. Nice stick work by Breen on PP goal. Definitely more speed on team, 8 freshman I don't know whos who. Lets see what happens today, 4.30 game? quick turnaround, I imagine Q will be ready to go. Who will Maine play in net? Ostman kept them in the game early. The great equalizer. Fun to see Maine play like that. They wore Q out for sure. ESPN + stream was good. If Maine keeps improving be great to be able to see their games on the big screen. No Pats so Hockey it is on Sunday afternoon.

Comment

• In short what I saw in this team was improvement in: Speed. Definitely conditioning, they were playing hard and finishing checks late into 3rd period, QU got wore down. Defense, new guys arent traditional big guys but they all got back and into position quickly, broke up plays and got their sticks on the puck disrupting things, quick with the puck.

Its a young team, they made mistakes and have things to work out but it should be fun to see them progress.

Comment

• Is NESN showing less college hockey this year? It doesn’t seem like they have had many games so far and this afternoon both NESN and NESN plus they have reruns on instead of either the BC-UNH or the Maine-Quinnippiac game.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X