This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tango View Post

Also I see Keith Carneys son Aiden has been added to this years freshman class.
    I don't know anything about Aidan but cool just the same. Keith was great
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
      This team looks very different from last years. Could they get over 500? Could they pull off 16-14-5?

Also I see Keith Carneys son Aiden has been added to this years freshman class.
      I’m not sure how much Aiden will contribute but I think it’s great to have him. Hopefully Keith can help get support for the program from the guys he played with and serve as a bit of an ambassador.

I think .500 is possible. I’d say there are around five freebies, eight or so games where Maine should have a decent chance, and there aren’t a ton where Maine has no chance(Denver is certainly an exception but you never know that early in the season.) The biggest key is Sirota being healthy. If he isn’t healthy Maine will really struggle in their own end.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• This was blocked for me but it sounds like the school doesn’t have the money to upgrade athletic facilities right now https://www.bangordailynews.com/2022...ey-joam40zk0w/

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          This was blocked for me but it sounds like the school doesn’t have the money to upgrade athletic facilities right now https://www.bangordailynews.com/2022...ey-joam40zk0w/
          Looks like they're $26MM short due to cost upgrades for the early stages of the proposed projects.

Wonder if former AD Ralph got wind of this, and it led to his decision to leave town?
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

This was blocked for me but it sounds like the school doesn’t have the money to upgrade athletic facilities right now https://www.bangordailynews.com/2022...ey-joam40zk0w/
            No surprise, construction costs have doubled since they unveiled the plan.

Comment

I know the Alfond needs upgrades but if there is a funding shortfall it sounds like a new scoreboard and video displays should be much lower on the priority list going forward.

Maybe limit to just audio upgrades as that is a bigger need in that building.

Comment

• Maine finished dead last in the media poll. Hopefully they can use that as some motivation.

Comment

Maine finished dead last in the media poll. Hopefully they can use that as some motivation.
                  I hear they are having good practices, working hard and putting extra time on the ice for skills, something not seen for years. Only improved things can come of that.

Comment

Maine finished dead last in the media poll. Hopefully they can use that as some motivation.
                    Last in the coaches poll as well.

Comment

Last in the coaches poll as well.
                      They won’t be last, they’ll probably be 6-10 but not last. They will be greatly improved from last year and Barr has some guys who can play his brand.

I’m excited for this year, definitely have some winnable games on the schedule. I don’t know if they’ll be .500 but I assume they’ll be close. I don’t see a great team in hockey East so Maine should do alright in conference.

These are big ifs but if the Breen, Houle, Poisson line picks up where it left off and Sirota is healthy, they should get off to a good start.

Comment

• I think one thing I've personally overlooked so far when analyzing this team is just how much the D corps has changed this year. Of the defenseman, only Sirota (the team captain and perhaps our best player) and Bruneski are older than sophomores, and the only sophomores are Duerr and Breazeale, both guys brought in by Barr at the wire last year. The rest of the defenseman are freshmen. The D is essentially already built in his image, and I remember reading that he was primarily in charge of D for Carvel down in Amherst. Therefore, I expect the D to be significantly improved, with a collection of his guys playing his game, and should be a strength of this team that may surprise some people. I'll be watching it closely.

Comment

• UMaine will be the most improved team in Hockey East this year. Take it to the bank.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• New Member of the 2024 recruiting class Leo Eperjesi

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...9/leo-eperjesi

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              UMaine will be the most improved team in Hockey East this year. Take it to the bank.
                              Certainly won’t be last.

https://twitter.com/maineicehockey/s...iyuBnRhB-ZuTig

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
                                This, is a sign of the sort of culture change I was looking for.
                                Hope he still keeps some fun in the mix, the guys look kinda squirmy.
                                Last edited by NorthMike; 09-17-2022, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X