The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

We don't know anything about the kid. Maybe he's a good penalty killer or faceoff artist, or he's the type of forward responsible in his own end? Stats don't tell the entire story. Maybe he's nothing more than a depth piece to make sure they have enough warm bodies in case the injury bug comes calling again. We should reserve judgement until we actually see him play, or we see his name in the scratch section of the roster every night.
    Also, I keep coming back to class balance. If Barr brings in 15 freshmen it is going to take years to balance that out so that Maine isn't ridiculously young at times. By necessity you need to have some Juniors or Seniors come in for a year or two just so you don't get stuck.

Comment

• Sam Duerr’s little brother James committed today.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by maineiac View Post
        Monty is one of 5 interviewing for the Bruins coaching job.
        B's will match their stupidity of firing Cassidy with the hiring of someone other than Monty.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

B's will match their stupidity of firing Cassidy with the hiring of someone other than Monty.
          I kept thinking it was gonna be Torts, but now I'm hearing they are looking at David Quinn.

Comment

• Maine is only playing once at Bentley and I bet the game against AIC the Saturday after Thanksgiving is in Portland.

Comment

• Maine playing a single game against Air Force out in Colorado Springs on Oct 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                Maine playing a single game against Air Force out in Colorado Springs on Oct 7.
                Looks like that is part of the ice breaker and Air Force plays Notre Dame the next night. Maine vs Air Force Friday night and Maine vs Denver Saturday night. Should be a fun weekend to open the season but also a huge challenge.

Definitely a tough schedule based on the travel and the fact that they play 2 away games vs Atlantic hockey. AIC will be a challenge, home or away or in Portland. The series with Quinnipiac will be a war, that’s been a nice rivalry that’s been brewing, even tho they’ve been much better than Maine.

To be honest, the schedule seems a bit whacky but since this is Barr’s first schedule, thats no surprise.

I’m wondering who captains will be. My guess is Sirota and Poisson wearing the C, Breen, Houle and possibly Breazeale with A’s.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Looks like that is part of the ice breaker and Air Force plays Notre Dame the next night. Maine vs Air Force Friday night and Maine vs Denver Saturday night. Should be a fun weekend to open the season but also a huge challenge.

Definitely a tough schedule based on the travel and the fact that they play 2 away games vs Atlantic hockey. AIC will be a challenge, home or away or in Portland. The series with Quinnipiac will be a war, that’s been a nice rivalry that’s been brewing, even tho they’ve been much better than Maine.

To be honest, the schedule seems a bit whacky but since this is Barr’s first schedule, thats no surprise.

I’m wondering who captains will be. My guess is Sirota and Poisson wearing the C, Breen, Houle and possibly Breazeale with A’s.
                  It’s been like this with the schedule for quite a few years now unfortunately. I suspect it’s driven by a desire from the athletic department to save a few quid instead of putting together a quality schedule the fans will enjoy.

Comment

• Monty being rumored for the B's HC job. Interesting.
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                      Monty being rumored for the B's HC job. Interesting.
                      Also word is that Greg Cronin is no longer being considered for the Bruins HC position.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                        Monty being rumored for the B's HC job. Interesting.
                        Some are saying he has it, makes sense Jacobs can pay him nothing, he gets to rebuild his rep.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

per Joe McDonald on Twitter, it's Montgomery. IMO, the best choice out of the ones mentioned (Quinn, Leach, Vellucci)

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Some are saying he has it, makes sense Jacobs can pay him nothing, he gets to rebuild his rep.
                            I think it's a great choice. The guy is a winner. Everyone has digressions but he has addressed them head on from what I have heard.

Comment

• Having Mike Dunham in the coaching system already should make for a nice easy transition for Monty I'd think. Too late to fire Sweeney and get Garth in there too?

Comment

• Not good news https://www.pressherald.com/2022/06/...ownward-trend/

Comment

Working...
                                X