This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per bdn, Larry:

"The University of Maine men’s hockey team has landed another transfer.

Center Michael Mancinelli, who spent two years playing for NCAA Division I independent Arizona State, will be the fifth transfer added by head coach Ben Barr.

Mancinelli played in 30 games for the Sun Devils this past season and registered two goals and 10 assists. He had six goals and four assists in 26 games his freshman year."

Not a scoring center in d1, nor big, speedy maybe? but had good ushl numbers.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 06-02-2022, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      BC just shot themselves in the forehead for no good reason.
      And that's a problem ...because?....

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

And that's a problem ...because?....
        The only bad part of him being back in this part of the world is he has some influence over hockey east.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

The only bad part of him being back in this part of the world is he has some influence over hockey east.
          So possibly he will be the next HE commissioner.
          Doubt it
          Last edited by NorthMike; 06-04-2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            So possibly he will be the next HE commissioner.
            Doubt it
            You'd have to think it would be a massive pay cut from BC AD to HE Commish, if nothing else.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• I decided to go through and update my spreadsheet of recruit stats, given that I expect that most seasons would be over by now. I noticed that guys in the USHL/NAHL played a lot more games between March and now than guys in any Canadian league did.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1408186811

Comment

• This confirms no Josh Nadeau or Ryan Hopkins this fall https://goblackbears.com/news/2022/6...y-program.aspx

Comment

This confirms no Josh Nadeau or Ryan Hopkins this fall https://goblackbears.com/news/2022/6...y-program.aspx
                  I’d have to imagine this was Nadeau electing to play an additional year in Penticton with his brother and Hopkins. I wish he was coming this fall but I think this might shape up to have him and his brother come in the same year which is exciting. Also, with the infusion of talent through the portal, it might make sense to have him develop even more.

This also makes it sound like Chabrier and Pabich are being pushed to next year which I think is good. I’m sure there are still decisions to be made so I wouldn’t consider anything set in stone until the roster comes out.

Either way, I’m excited to see next years team and I think they will surprise a lot of people. If that Breen Houle Poisson line picks up where it left off, they will likely be much better offensively than last year.

Comment

• I'm trusting Coach Barr to make what he feels are the correct moves for the incoming classes. Going to be fun to see him build the program.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Has anyone gone to any of the Bears & Brews events?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                        Per bdn, Larry:

"The University of Maine men’s hockey team has landed another transfer.

Center Michael Mancinelli, who spent two years playing for NCAA Division I independent Arizona State, will be the fifth transfer added by head coach Ben Barr.

Mancinelli played in 30 games for the Sun Devils this past season and registered two goals and 10 assists. He had six goals and four assists in 26 games his freshman year."

Not a scoring center in d1, nor big, speedy maybe? but had good ushl numbers.

I mean why? this kind of recruiting is why Maine is where they are

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post

We don't know anything about the kid. Maybe he's a good penalty killer or faceoff artist, or he's the type of forward responsible in his own end? Stats don't tell the entire story. Maybe he's nothing more than a depth piece to make sure they have enough warm bodies in case the injury bug comes calling again. We should reserve judgement until we actually see him play, or we see his name in the scratch section of the roster every night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
                            Paul Kariya isn't walking through that door anytime soon. Jimmy Montgomery isn't walking through that door, either. And if they do, they'll be old and grey. Be patient.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Monty is one of 5 interviewing for the Bruins coaching job.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

We don't know anything about the kid. Maybe he's a good penalty killer or faceoff artist, or he's the type of forward responsible in his own end? Stats don't tell the entire story. Maybe he's nothing more than a depth piece to make sure they have enough warm bodies in case the injury bug comes calling again. We should reserve judgement until we actually see him play, or we see his name in the scratch section of the roster every night.
                                I’m sure a big part of it is balancing out the classes as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X