No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely shocked a political flunky from another state hasn’t worked out as chancellor: https://www.pressherald.com/2022/05/...p-for-renewal/ Between this and LePage potentially being governor again could be rocky times ahead for the system.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Maine is playing AIC once. This is great news as it means one fewer weekend with no games.

Comment

• Team announced today 1 week until season tickets go on sale. Have to wonder if an official schedule release will accompany it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Absolutely shocked a political flunky from another state hasn’t worked out as chancellor: https://www.pressherald.com/2022/05/...p-for-renewal/ Between this and LePage potentially being governor again could be rocky times ahead for the system.
          If Malloy is running the school like he did the State of Connecticut, this is completely understandable...
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• From Maine Athletics email, the times, dates and locations of the tour:

June 3, 5-7 p.m. - Orono Brewing Company - Orono, Maine
            June 4, 4-6 p.m. - Downunder Bar - Houlton, Maine
            June 8, 4-6 p.m. - Rollie's Bar and Grill - Belfast, Maine
            June 11, 3-5 p.m. - Bayside Bowl - Portland, Maine (Also UMaine Athletics night at the Portland Sea Dogs game)
            June 15, 4-6 p.m. - Bar Harbor Beer Works - Bar Harbor, Maine
            June 16, 4-6 p.m. - Quarry Taproom - Hallowell, Maine

There is no admission cost to attend each stop on the tour. Specific coach and staff appearances, nightly specials, and more information will be released in the days leading up to each event.
            Last edited by ticapnews; 05-25-2022, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

I have to assume it's being fixed. There are only 32 games on that schedule (the Icebreaker games don't count against the 34 game limit) so there are two games available. Plus the UAF games. Are the UAA games set in stone? I expect there is more to come and someone just jumped the gun on making the schedule public.
              UAA released their schedule today. At Maine on January 6 & 7.

2022-23 Men's Ice Hockey Schedule | University of Alaska Anchorage (goseawolves.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

UAA released their schedule today. At Maine on January 6 & 7.

2022-23 Men's Ice Hockey Schedule | University of Alaska Anchorage (goseawolves.com)
                I saw that. Maine still has two open dates. Hopefully there will be a home series slated for the weekend before Thanksgiving. There are numerous ECAC and AHA squads with that weekend available.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  From Maine Athletics email, the times, dates and locations of the tour:

So what do you suppose they intend to do at each tour stop?
                  Shake hands, hug, schmooze for donations? Just face time in the communities.
                  Was wondering if it was worth a visit when in orono. Beers good anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

So what do you suppose they intend to do at each tour stop?
                    Shake hands, hug, schmooze for donations? Just face time in the communities.
                    Was wondering if it was worth a visit when in orono. Beers good anyway.
                    Pretty much. Greet fans, talk about the program and school, give a salespitch. I'd go to the one in Portland if it were closer (or gas wasn't $5/gallon)

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      Team announced today 1 week until season tickets go on sale. Have to wonder if an official schedule release will accompany it.
                      Certainly not priced to move. Disappointing they would put them on sale with no schedule and details on benefits are scarce. They’ve dropped the ball not marketing the program more since Barr has been hired.

Comment

• Blake James new AD at BC

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Blake James new AD at BC
                          No f’ing way! That has to be the worst move BC has ever made if it’s true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

No f’ing way! That has to be the worst move BC has ever made if it’s true.
                            From what I am reading i would have to agree. But that's what happens when Fr. Leahy drops a buyout hammer on potential candidates because the previous two ADs left. He wanted a safe hire who wouldn't go anywhere. Ugh.

Comment

From what I am reading i would have to agree. But that's what happens when Fr. Leahy drops a buyout hammer on potential candidates because the previous two ADs left. He wanted a safe hire who wouldn't go anywhere. Ugh.
                              There’s nothing safe about him. He is the guy who told Stephen King to go **** himself. BC just shot themselves in the forehead for no good reason. They would have been much better off not hiring anyone.

Comment

Blake James new AD at BC
                                Too Funny, guy is an *******
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X