The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post

I originally posted it in the schedules thread so I think he got it from me or he just came across it. I removed it from the schedules thread after seeing it no longer was working and I was about to update the spreadsheet but nooooooo.....
    Thanks. Interesting. I see Alaska plays a home and home with LIU in February. Maybe Maine was supposed to play them then. Or the St Thomas series in October.
    Are Maine and Penn State making up the series that was canceled or is that lost to the wastebin of history?

Comment

• Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post

That's what I thought I saw but perhaps they took it down because Alaska didn't have Maine on their schedule when they released it this afternoon. Maine is probably looking for a new opponent or will just go with 10. Curious to see what dates Maine had for Alaska and cross reference it with Alaska's schedule to see if they have that open or already booked.
      The schedule that was briefly posted earlier today had Alaska-Fairbanks playing at Maine. I figured that was very doubtful since Fairbanks played at the Alfond this past season. IF Maine is actually playing Anchorage at the Alfond this year, I was wondering if there was a possibility of Maine playing both Anchorage & Fairbanks up in Alaska next season.

To your other question, per the Fairbanks schedule, they are playing Anchorage on the dates which Maine had Fairbanks listed on the preliminary schedule (i.e. on 12/9 & 12/10).
      Last edited by Maine Event; 05-06-2022, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Saw something the other day bangor area is one of the hottest real estate markets in maine right now, and maine is over all comparatively very hot right now. Cant even find a house in portland they say. Even Millinocket houses are selling.

Since pandemic lots and lots of folks from eastern us moving in state.
        I just sold a house in Podunk, NY for >twice what the market would have borne just a couple of years ago.

It's truly an insane time to buy, anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

I don’t remember specific dates but Icebreaker, Quinnipiac at home, Bentley away, Fairbanks home, Anchorage home, Colgate away
          Wow, pretty weak indeed, aside from Q of course. Should be opportunity for wins in there.

Comment

• The schedule is easy enough to find....just Google the 2022-2023 schedule and pull up the cached link....

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&client=safari

Comment

• The thing that struck me was how messed up the conference portion of the schedule is. I put that on the league.
              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                The schedule is easy enough to find....just Google the 2022-2023 schedule and pull up the cached link....

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&client=safari
                Starting the league schedule with two home games against Northeastern before Halloween and then no conference games at Alfond until mid-January is... interesting.

Comment

• 12 of 18 at home in the new year could lend itself to a strong playoff push.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Starting the league schedule with two home games against Northeastern before Halloween and then no conference games at Alfond until mid-January is... interesting.
                    It seems like from Thanksgiving to Martin Luther King jr weekend the schedule is messed up now. I really don’t understand how they got to this point and why they can’t fix it. One part of the problem at least for Maine is they’ve gone away from one off games. If they went back to these it would definitely help balance things out.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

It seems like from Thanksgiving to Martin Luther King jr weekend the schedule is messed up now. I really don’t understand how they got to this point and why they can’t fix it. One part of the problem at least for Maine is they’ve gone away from one off games. If they went back to these it would definitely help balance things out.
                      I have to assume it's being fixed. There are only 32 games on that schedule (the Icebreaker games don't count against the 34 game limit) so there are two games available. Plus the UAF games. Are the UAA games set in stone? I expect there is more to come and someone just jumped the gun on making the schedule public.

Comment

I have to assume it's being fixed. There are only 32 games on that schedule (the Icebreaker games don't count against the 34 game limit) so there are two games available. Plus the UAF games. Are the UAA games set in stone? I expect there is more to come and someone just jumped the gun on making the schedule public.
                        Hopefully this is the case. To me it seems like the schedules in recent times have been more out of balance than they used to be.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

They should easily just not do the Alaska series as Maine wasn't on Alaska's schedule release and that gives them 34 games. The ice breaker basically allows them to decide if they want as other game or 2.

Comment

• https://www.pentictonvees.ca/game-re...kfqT4cBFkSJ_d0

Arrnott, Hopkins, and both Nadeau brothers get points in the Penticton Vee’s opening game of the BCHL Fred Page cup final.

Looking forward to seeing them all do that in Orono in a few years.

Comment

• Per the Maine Athletics Twitter and Instagram accounts a few days ago, they are "taking a tour of the State of Maine." No word on what this entails or where they'll be going, but I wonder if it's an adaptation of the thing UMass did that ticapnews talked about a few weeks ago he said he wished UMaine would do. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                Per the Maine Athletics Twitter and Instagram accounts a few days ago, they are "taking a tour of the State of Maine." No word on what this entails or where they'll be going, but I wonder if it's an adaptation of the thing UMass did that ticapnews talked about a few weeks ago he said he wished UMaine would do. Time will tell.
                                https://***********/BlackBearNation/...5oEa1iEPw&s=19
                                Hopefully they hit up the Brunswick area so I can attend. Would love to see them plant a flag in York County too.

Comment

Working...
                                X