Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh and Bradley Nadeau each had a goal and an assist in Penticton's 2-1 playoff win last night. Josh scored with 3 seconds left on a sweet pass from his brother. Highlights below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6EgANXFHg

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Either way their isn't much we can do about it. if Barr is lured by more money he is gone if someone ups the ante. He isn't going to BU, BC or Michigan St. UConn?? Maybe
      Although I'm praying there will be an opening at UConn, I don't think Luce is going anywhere. BC is too smart to hire that mediocre self-promoting POS, unfortunately, although his pals and lackeys in the media are definitely making a lot of noise pushing his cause since York stepped down (no big surprise BTW). But you're right - if someone makes Barr the proverbial "offer he can't refuse", there's really nothing UMaine can do, other than hope Barr is truly committed to the UMaine cause. Which brings me to this post ...

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      Coaches who make commitments to improve your program and don't honor them would be coaches you dont want in the first. I'm sure Ben is well grounded in Orono until he finishes his job.
      Barr definitely has seen a good share of the D-1 Hockey world as an assistant for someone as young as he is, so he's not been concerned about relocating in the past, after several short stints. But this is his first job as HC, and maybe I'm being naive here, but I think I'm with you in believing that it's too soon in his tenure to up stakes again, and he is committed to giving the UMaine project his full energies and attention for the next several years. He has a friend/mentor as his AD, and will enjoy the benefit of his patience and understanding as the project develops. Switch out for (say) BC or BU, and you will be expected to hit the ground running from Day One, and if you only do "pretty well" you will be out "pretty quickly" (see O'Connell at BU).

And after all that, THEN you'd have to figure out what the next 25 years of your career will look like, as a failed AND disloyal D-1 level HC. So I wouldn't worry about Barr leaving. Not now anyway ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
        Josh and Bradley Nadeau each had a goal and an assist in Penticton's 2-1 playoff win last night. Josh scored with 3 seconds left on a sweet pass from his brother. Highlights below.

Pretty sure we are going to like those 2
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Josh and Bradley Nadeau each had a goal and an assist in Penticton's 2-1 playoff win last night. Josh scored with 3 seconds left on a sweet pass from his brother. Highlights below.

Isn't Bradley supposed to be even better than Josh, who himself is an extremely highly regarded player of his age? I think they both have the potential to be extremely special players.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Isn't Bradley supposed to be even better than Josh, who himself is an extremely highly regarded player of his age? I think they both have the potential to be extremely special players.
            I think Brad is the better pro prospect because of his size but Josh is more skilled.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I think Brad is the better pro prospect because of his size but Josh is more skilled.
              This is the way I see it as well. Bradley is only 16 and averaged almost a point per game in the BCHL so he’ll probably average similar numbers if not better numbers the season before he comes in. I could definitely see him coming in as a true 18 year old.

Watching Josh skate, handle and shoot the puck, I couldn’t help but think of Spencer Abbott. He’s really crafty with the puck and has a quick release.

Comment

• What do folks think about Mitchell Miller? He would be a bit controversial but would also be one of the better players in Hockey East. I have no idea if Ben would be interested but might be a good opportunity for Maine.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

What do folks think about Mitchell Miller? He would be a bit controversial but would also be one of the better players in Hockey East. I have no idea if Ben would be interested but might be a good opportunity for Maine.
                  No thanks.

Comment

What do folks think about Mitchell Miller? He would be a bit controversial but would also be one of the better players in Hockey East. I have no idea if Ben would be interested but might be a good opportunity for Maine.
                    Every Time Ben has been interviewed over the last year he goes out of his was to talk about changing the culture of the team. He just got all the *** holes off the team I can’t imagine him bringing in Miller. He’s got BC written all over him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post

Every Time Ben has been interviewed over the last year he goes out of his was to talk about changing the culture of the team. He just got all the *** holes off the team I can’t imagine him bringing in Miller. He’s got BC written all over him!
                      I’m all for a redemption story and second chances but what that kid did was pretty sick. In the future when the culture is established, I could see taking a chance on him but right now we’re in no position to take a chance on a lightning rod.

Comment

F no.

Comment

Watching Josh skate, handle and shoot the puck, I couldn’t help but think of Spencer Abbott. He’s really crafty with the puck and has a quick release.
                          If so, I'm interested.

Abbott was way under-rated.

Love to see that kind of talent back at Maine.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

F no.
                            had to google that guy, and yeah no F'in way
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• It was the Nadeau Bros. show once again in Penticton's 6-2 playoff win last night.....Josh was 1st star with 2G & 1A and Bradley was 2nd star with 1G & 2A.

https://www.pentictonvees.ca/stats/game-center/11320

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                                It was the Nadeau Bros. show once again in Penticton's 6-2 playoff win last night.....Josh was 1st star with 2G & 1A and Bradley was 2nd star with 1G & 2A.

https://www.pentictonvees.ca/stats/game-center/11320
                                They continue to light it up. I’m interested to see what Barr decides to do with them. I think it makes sense to bring Josh in this year and Bradley next year even though he’ll be just over 18 years old. They seem like they eat breathe and sleep hockey and with his brother already on campus for a year, it should make his transition smooth. Their stats through 7 playoff games.

Bradley Nadeau - 3 G 7 A 10 points
                                Josh Nadeau - 5 G 3 A 8 points

Felix Trudeau had a goal and an assist in West Kelowna’s win last night. Both Penticton and West Kelowna are up 2-0 in their series. If both teams win, they will play each other next round for a chance to go to the championship. Trudeau’s stats through 5 playoff games.

Felix Trudeau - 3 G 5 A 8 points

Comment

Working...
                                X