Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
    • Justin Michaelian, Sr., Ferris State → Maine
    At 8G 15A 23P he was the Ferris State leading scorer last year. He would have been Maine’s second leading score behind Breen 9G 16A 25P.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

Also with so much roster turnover this year, bringing in some experienced players from elsewhere could help balance out the numbers in each class. Don't want to go the mid-'00's Lowell route with one huge class.
      That works, sometimes... And Lowell achieved momentum going forward.

Dealing with the portal means that you need to win NOW, because half the team might bail next year.

Hell, even Kentucky hoops had three starters transfer this month. A #1 seed!

I don't like it much, and I don't pretend to get it, but this is what we have right now.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-30-2022, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• my point is you settle on players with 1 remaining or even 2 years left and miss on a 4 year recruit that is peaking coming out of juniors. Other schools win that point, Minnesota, and Denver getting it done with freshmen incoming classes. So go ahead Maine live in the portal and finish towards the bottom.. again

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
          my point is you settle on players with 1 remaining or even 2 years left and miss on a 4 year recruit that is peaking coming out of juniors. Other schools win that point, Minnesota, and Denver getting it done with freshmen incoming classes. So go ahead Maine live in the portal and finish towards the bottom.. again
          Comparing Maine to Minnesota or Denver is a joke. I doubt Barr is going to fill the roster with transfers but I can see him taking a guy he thinks can help right now
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• How come someone is freaking out because Maine has got a commitment from 1 transfer?
            Last edited by umhockey91; 03-31-2022, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• It's almost as if coaches are required to judge talent and decide how to split up the 18 scholarships each team gets between returning roster players, new recruits and transfers. What a novel concept.

Of course the transfer portal isn't "the" answer. Just as recruiting 17 year olds isn't "the" answer. It's a combination. The coaches have to do a balancing act. Either you trust them to make the right decisions or you don't, whether it is judging players from the portal or fresh recruits.

Comment

• So Albie's out after 4 years at BU. Imagine if Maine had had that mentality over the past 20 years.
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                  So Albie's out after 4 years at BU. Imagine if Maine had had that mentality over the past 20 years.
                  Might have helped over the past 11 years...

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                    How come someone is freaking out because Maine has got a commitment from 1 transfer?
                    Puckstopper has been commenting on a bunch of threads saying the portal is not the way to build a program. Which I agree with but Maine is not doing that. There are potentially 15 guys in the freshmen class, Maine is building this program through recruiting.

I read an article about Ryan Hopkins, sounds like he’s being pushed back a year which is probably a good thing. It will help balance out the classes and give him another year to develop. Also Josh Nadeau is quoted.

https://saltwire.pressreader.com/sou...0220323/page/3

Comment

• I do apologize if Maine is more heavy on the recruiting piece, as I truly believe in building with kids you bring in versus more of the 5th year senior platform. or players that did not develop and were not getting ice time at their former school.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Puckstopper has been commenting on a bunch of threads saying the portal is not the way to build a program. Which I agree with but Maine is not doing that. There are potentially 15 guys in the freshmen class, Maine is building this program through recruiting.

I read an article about Ryan Hopkins, sounds like he’s being pushed back a year which is probably a good thing. It will help balance out the classes and give him another year to develop. Also Josh Nadeau is quoted.

https://saltwire.pressreader.com/sou...0220323/page/3
                        He’s been moved back to 2023 on Heisenberg’s list.

Comment

• Portal allows whole team to transfer
                          https://nypost.com/2022/04/01/entire...zEesHJ7-Lwekq9

Comment

• Goalie from Northeastern is going to Arizona State. Are there any good ones left?
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Goalie from Northeastern is going to Arizona State. Are there any good ones left?
                              Clarkson's Jacob Mucitelli still available? Three years left and was 8-0-1 with a GAA of 1.38 and a save % of 0.941. Maybe not the right fit?

Comment

• 3 players from the portal
                                https://bangordailynews.com/2022/04/...eid=8fa35ce6e8

Comment

Working...
                                X