This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Makes sense and with the size of the recruiting class the coaches planned for the mass exodus.

I’m far from having insider knowledge on the team but it’s hard for me to imagine Poisson, Bisson, Drobot, Thiessen, Bruneski or Fawcett leaving or quitting hockey. They all should see the ice next year. Bisson will be the most experienced defensemen and he had a really nice season. Poisson had a really strong finish and feels like he’s a leader. Drobot played significant minutes down the stretch and has been a solid guy his whole career. Bruneski took a huge leap this year and I think his skating is strong which seems to be the emphasis for Barr. Fawcett never cemented his role but he managed to have 5 goals which is significant. As for Thiessen, the net is open for the taking if he plays well. None of the goalies separated themselves.
    Bisson enters the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Bisson enters the portal.
      Makes me pause a bit, but I'm not that worried. Wasn't fully sold on him, they should be ok. If we see a name like Houle, Breen, Poisson, Brezeale, or Ostman go in, that's when we should worry. Anybody else can go if the staff determines they need to.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Makes me pause a bit, but I'm not that worried. Wasn't fully sold on him, they should be ok. If we see a name like Houle, Breen, Poisson, Brezeale, or Ostman go in, that's when we should worry. Anybody else can go if the staff determines they need to.
        I’m surprised by this one but no cause for concern. This incoming class at defense is going to be a huge upgrade. I think Bisson was probably
        worried about how he fits into the rebuild. He’s a division 1 caliber defenseman and hopefully he lands in a good spot.

I think this might be a result of the 1 on 1 evaluations and him being told that there’s going to be tremendous competition for ice time. There are 6 incoming guys and they all look like they can play.

I figured this was the junior you had the inside info on. There’s only a couple left at this point lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

I’m surprised by this one but no cause for concern. This incoming class at defense is going to be a huge upgrade. I think Bisson was probably
          worried about how he fits into the rebuild. He’s a division 1 caliber defenseman and hopefully he lands in a good spot.

I think this might be a result of the 1 on 1 evaluations and him being told that there’s going to be tremendous competition for ice time. There are 6 incoming guys and they all look like they can play.

I figured this was the junior you had the inside info on. There’s only a couple left at this point lol!
          It actually wasn't, so stay tuned.

Comment

• Coaching change generally creates some discomfort. We don't know what was said in the one on one meetings with the staff. Hopefully thats the end of the guys leaving but we shall see. The long list of guys coming in must be making current players leery of their role on the team.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Coaching change generally creates some discomfort. We don't know what was said in the one on one meetings with the staff. Hopefully thats the end of the guys leaving but we shall see. The long list of guys coming in must be making current players leery of their role on the team.
              More housecleaning - Mulera and Gould to the portal.

Comment

Kind of sad to see Gould go, but my previous statement still holds up; if it isn't Houle, Breen, Poisson, Breazeale, or Ostman, then I'm not very concerned.

Comment

Its not the end.
                  This will be a major reconfiguration year.
                  Consistent to what Barr has said when hired and what he said all year.
                  Someone on here uses the tear it down to rebuild analogy, new foundation.

Sirota (unfortunately) will be on there more than likely, unless he has something lined up.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Its not the end.
                    This will be a major reconfiguration year.
                    Consistent to what Barr has said when hired and what he said all year.
                    Someone on here uses the tear it down to rebuild analogy, new foundation.

Sirota (unfortunately) will be on there more than likely, unless he has something lined up.
                    Yep. This past year was evaluating the walls, the foundation, the bones, and tearing down what needs to be torn down.

Next season, start building.

Comment

• My problem with the direction with Barr is that he has not surrounded himself with high caliber assistant coaches. The recruiting coach is the key and Maine is not going after the players that are peaking through their entire season. my point is they jumped on kids that were off to quick starts to their season and then tailed off

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
                        My problem with the direction with Barr is that he has not surrounded himself with high caliber assistant coaches. The recruiting coach is the key and Maine is not going after the players that are peaking through their entire season. my point is they jumped on kids that were off to quick starts to their season and then tailed off
                        On what evidence are you basing this? If you read the article about David Breazale someone linked here a little while ago, it explicitly states within that Breazeale was directed to Barr off of a tip from Jason Fortier, his top assistant. No other team wanted Breazeale, but Fortier was able to identify him and get him to Barr's attention and thus to Orono, and he immediately made himself arguably the top player on the team and was a Hockey East All-Rookie team member. Not bad for a not "high caliber" assistant coach.

Comment

• The portal is certainly shaking things up for many teams. It has struck me that it might be speeding the rebuild process for Coach Barr since marginal players in his system have other avenues that can be open immediately instead of needing to sit out a year.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• if Fortier is your go to guy. well let's talk back on this forum in 4 years and see where Maine is

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
                              if Fortier is your go to guy. well let's talk back on this forum in 4 years and see where Maine is
                              I think its pretty obvious Barr is the go to guy. Just like Carvel was aggressively involved at UMass. Elite recruiters don't take head coaching jobs and just turn over the reins and ignore their biggest strengths. Every junior hockey game is available on TV or web stream and the most important part of recruiting is an ability to forge connections and sell prospects. Identifying talent is easy, signing talent is the hard part and that has always been Barr's strength.

Its always strange when people assume HC's aren't the most influential recruiters. If its not a particular HC's strength than an assistant aided or led recruiting strategy may be the case, but that is mostly old school strategy and far from the hard and fast rule people pretend it is. Barr doesn't need a closer on his staff, he is the closer. Mike Souza NEEDS a closer on his staff...
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

• https://bangordailynews.com/2022/03/...-to-win-games/

According to Larry, Drobot is also gone but Sirota and Hebert will return for 5th seasons.

He also seems to have no idea that Nadeau, Chabrier, and Hopkins are coming in this fall and also appears to think Theisson is coming back so who the hell actually knows!

Comment

Working...
                                X