Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the kill attempt they were buzzing, then they got totally sapped after giving up the goal. The last minute to 90 seconds of the first was decent again, but they need a more consistent effort.

Comment

• Brutal effort in their own end tonight. 3-0 Mack now, getting dark early at Lawler.

Comment

• Brutal puck tracking by Theissen on the third goal. Wonder if Barr gave him the start knowing he's leaving after this year, I could see him being a non-senior who moves on.

Comment

• Maine actually starting to get good pressure now.

Breen makes it 3-1

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
            Maine actually starting to get good pressure now.

Breen makes it 3-1
            The top line seems to be the only one with life. Renwick has been active as well. Not dead yet but it’s desperation time.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
              Solari's a hack, as are the clowns who sub in for him. As others have stated, there was another momentous event back then that is probably a liiiittle more relevant to the fortunes of Maine hockey than what radio channel the games are broadcast on.
              Shawn died in 2001. Maine kept making Frozen Fours until 2007. My argument isn't so much what channel games are on, it's that it is indicative of the abysmal decision making that cursed the University of Maine for a decade or more. It's also the reason why the university's most prominent alumni and generous donors no longer give to the school - which does matter. I realize you all still think the coach can go out to the orchard behind the football field and pick a few bushels of money, but that's not how it works. It used to. When Shawn had access to Uncle Harold's Platinum Card those trees were bountiful. That isn't the case anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                Maybe Im just a na?ve optimist, but I have a feeling Maine wins tonight. Interesting choice to start Theissen over Ostman, but we'll see if it pays off.
                Lol. To be as optimistic as I was 3 hours ago

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Lol. To be as optimistic as I was 3 hours ago
                  I would be lying if I said I didn’t have the same feeling earlier. Merrimack was a tough matchup for Maine, especially at Lawler. I was uneasy about Thiessen starting even though he’s played really well his last two starts. I don’t know what it is I just feel more comfortable with Ostman in net.

The seniors deserve all the respect in the world considering what they’ve gone through. Although the team only won 7 games and were tough to watch at times, I was never disgusted by the team like I have been in years past. The effort was consistently there but the talent wasn’t especially in the second half.

The future of Maine hockey is bright, early next season will probably be a struggle but come this time next year Maine is going to be a tough out. I’m ready for October.

Comment

• Was at the game. More of the same. Take a penalty and give up a goal. Make a careless pass and give up a scoring chance. Most of the game spent in the Maine zone.

Comment

• My apologies if this is known info already and for not posting it earlier but the MN State High School Hockey Tournament began today with Class A (smaller school enrollment) and Class AA begins Thursday 3/10 with games at 11:00am, 1:00 pm, 6:00 pm, 8:00 pm with same schedule on Friday with Class A semis in the 2 early time slots and Class AA in the 2 later ones. Saturday is Finals for both all times CST. Link to stream below

Twin Cities home for High School Sports, Prep45 | 45TV
                      Last edited by BlackBearinGopherLand; 03-09-2022, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearinGopherLand View Post
                        My apologies if this is known info already and for not posting it earlier but the MN State High School Hockey Tournament began today with Class A (smaller school enrollment) and Class AA begins Thursday 3/10 with games at 11:00am, 1:00 pm, 6:00 pm, 8:00 pm with same schedule on Friday with Class A semis in the 2 early time slots and Class AA in the 2 later ones. Saturday is Finals for both all times CST. Link to stream below

Twin Cities home for High School Sports, Prep45 | 45TV
                        Who cares?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

I would be lying if I said I didn’t have the same feeling earlier. Merrimack was a tough matchup for Maine, especially at Lawler. I was uneasy about Thiessen starting even though he’s played really well his last two starts. I don’t know what it is I just feel more comfortable with Ostman in net.

The seniors deserve all the respect in the world considering what they’ve gone through. Although the team only won 7 games and were tough to watch at times, I was never disgusted by the team like I have been in years past. The effort was consistently there but the talent wasn’t especially in the second half.

The future of Maine hockey is bright, early next season will probably be a struggle but come this time next year Maine is going to be a tough out. I’m ready for October.
                          I’m a big believer in ‘don’t change a winning team’ but didn’t feel great about Thiessen getting the start. That was one of those where it was kind of a no win situation for Barr. I’m not sure if Ostman was in net it would have changed the outcome though.

Even though things didn’t go their way I was proud of Maine’s effort and fight. It was one of those nights where Merrimack got the rub of the green. It’s hard to follow up a truly great performance with a decent one and that definitely proved true tonight. On the other hard I’m sure Merrimack was super motivated after how last weekend went for them.

With all of that being said I’m 100x more encouraged now than I was a few months ago. For me the Alaska series was a major turning point. That Friday night game was as embarrassing of performance as Maine has ever had. Whatever was said after that game lit a fire under the team and outside of one weekend I think they’ve played some really good hockey since then. Hopefully an exciting 22-23 coming up.

Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Shawn died in 2001. Maine kept making Frozen Fours until 2007. .
                            Grant left
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Another year and another wait and see what happens next year. I think Barr is the man to take the team forward, we just have to wait and see
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• With (by my count) 11 confirmed newcomers next season, with possibly more on the way, either thru current commitments being confirmed or picking up another transfer or two, this team will look completely remade next year. Five freshman D, all of whom look good on the stat sheet, could mean a promising rebuild of the D corps. Two probable stars up-front, and a returning solid goalie. I would bet they are right around .500 next season, perhaps a bit below, and then the big jump comes in 2023-2024.

Comment

Working...
                                X