No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine will play at #6 Merrimack. The Warriors were 9.6 seconds away from finishing #4 with a bye and home ice but Northeastern won the Hockey East regular season crown with the late goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Maine will play at #6 Merrimack. The Warriors were 9.6 seconds away from finishing #4 with a bye and home ice but Northeastern won the Hockey East regular season crown with the late goal.
      hell of a rip, gotta feel bad for merrimack on that one
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Holy crap, 8-1. Go Black Bears!!
        UNH

Comment

• Of all games we decided to stay home for. Lol

Comment

• O'Brien should be disqualified after the fact
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Barr making some progress with some notable late season wins. Building blocks for next season.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Maine plays at BU on Wednesday according to tv announcers but website says Merrimack which I believe is correct. Hope they can play as well as tonight.
                Last edited by rw1733; 03-05-2022, 09:52 PM. Reason: whi

Comment

• Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
                  Maine plays at BU on Wednesday. Hope they can play as well as tonight.
                  Nope, they're playing Merrimack. It's already published on MC's schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
                    Maine plays at BU on Wednesday according to tv announcers but website says Merrimack which I believe is correct. Hope they can play as well as tonight.
                    BU had already clinched a bye based on tiebreakers, just a matter of would they be #4 or #5. If Merrimack had pushed the game to OT, the Warriors would have finished #4, BU #5 and Maine would be at #6 UConn.

Comment

• Up 8-1 in your final RS game and you take a roughing penalty. I honestly hope Quinlivan has played his last game in a Maine sweater. Showing scouts how tough you are at the expense of your team is not at all helpful for Barr or the rest of the team.
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• What the heck happened last night? Didn't watch or tape game, was surprised to see the final score being so lopsided after Fridays game. Good win, now its MC at MC. SHould be a tough game to win but certainly possible. Dead last in HE is kind of depressing but not unexpected.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• I went to the game last night and witnessed a last place team completely dominate a talented BU team. BU did not show up to play the game. Maine played an intense game from start to finish! The downside was the number of penalties on both teams!! The game was out of control late with major game misconducts and punches being thrown!! Maine has a chance against Merrimack, but penalties may cost them the win.

Comment

• So, does Maine win Hockey East or does BC win it?

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              What the heck happened last night? Didn't watch or tape game, was surprised to see the final score being so lopsided after Fridays game. Good win, now its MC at MC. SHould be a tough game to win but certainly possible. Dead last in HE is kind of depressing but not unexpected.
                              Commesso's rebound control got the game out of hand early. Maine pretty much cruised from there.

Looked like BU thought they would have another easy win after Friday night's game, but they were wrong.

Comment

• Such a wonderful game last night and absolutely over the moon for Ben, assistant coaches, and the players. After everything they have been through last few years they most definitely deserved to have a night like that.

Merrimack and Northeastern is a dream draw is you ask me. Not sure they will even get past Merrimack but they definitely have a shot.

Maybe stats don’t back this up but it seems to me Maine has been more successful in the games where they have played more physical. Good on Bruneski for dropping the gloves after the BU player threw a cheap shot at Thiessen.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X