No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houle and Hebert each got 5 minute majors for hits to the head. The Maine players just never learn. Always taking needless penalties and then giving up goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      Wasn't watching, but saw in the boxscore both Houle and Hebert have 15 min in penalties? Did we somehow manage to take two majors in one period? What the heck happened to this tean?
      Houle’s looked bad, Hebert’s was a dramatic size difference perfect storm….both called correctly IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
        Houle and Hebert each got 5 minute majors for hits to the head. The Maine players just never learn. Always taking needless penalties and then giving up goals.
        That's now four majors in their last seven periods of play, and if UNH fans are to be believed, it could have been five. The only one I saw personally was Dawe's on Saturday, and it was ugly, one of the most blatant majors I've ever seen. Without having seen them for myself I can't pass much judgement, but kind of disgusting to think about 4 majors in 7 periods.

EDIT: Just saw the two of them from tonight on the replay. Houle's was despicable, as someone below alluded to. Hebert's was played pretty fast and at an odd angle, so I couldn't see it very well, but my first instinct was that it didn't look all that bad. Still makes me feel gross tbh.
        Last edited by amkirby10; 02-25-2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Is the ghost of Red coaching again?
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Clearly, this team is a disaster, and that's no fault of Barr's.

I have spent thousands of bucks and have driven thousands of miles to see Walsh and (yes) Whitehead teams rack-up wins, but Red buried the program, perhaps beyond redemption.

I don't even watch anymore, but I'm very interested in seeing the overhaul happen.

If Maine can play to .500 next season, we can talk.

My fingers are crossed... My toes, too.

But this version of Maine hockey..? Forget about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Clearly, this team is a disaster, and that's no fault of Barr's.

I have spent thousands of bucks and have driven thousands of miles to see Walsh and (yes) Whitehead teams rack-up wins, but Red buried the program, perhaps beyond redemption.

I don't even watch anymore, but I'm very interested in seeing the overhaul happen.

If Maine can play to .500 next season, we can talk.

My fingers are crossed... My toes, too.

But this version of Maine hockey..? Forget about it.
              I dont think they will be .500 next year, and on top of that the bottom slot in HE will be the reality. I say that because every other team that typically occupy the bottom third in HE are a couple years ahead of Maine in a rebuild and playing much better hockey than orono.

We should have done a rebuild 3 or 4 years ago at the latest, but that prior AD wasnt capable of it or had enough cahoonas to do it. Getting back into a competitive position in HE, hopefully, is going to take 3 to 5 years. Maine needs a major roster change with good recruits feeding in every year and then some time for the culture shift, and for Barr to maintain resolve.

Agree that this season is not a bad reflection on Barr at all, he deserves the time to implement his plan, which Im very positive about. If successful then I hope he sticks around for more than five years. If he fails after five years then time to move on.
              Last edited by NorthMike; 02-26-2022, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

I dont think they will be .500 next year, and on top of that the bottom slot in HE will be the reality. I say that because every other team that typically occupy the bottom third in HE are a couple years ahead of Maine in a rebuild and playing much better hockey than orono.

We should have done a rebuild 3 or 4 years ago at the latest, but that prior AD wasnt capable of it or had enough cahoonas to do it. Getting back into a competitive position in HE, hopefully, is going to take 3 to 5 years. Maine needs a major roster change with good recruits feeding in every year and then some time for the culture shift, and for Barr to maintain resolve.

Agree that this season is not a bad reflection on Barr at all, he deserves the time to implement his plan, which Im very positive about. If successful then I hope he sticks around for more than five years. If he fails after five years then time to move on.
                I do agree they won't quite crack .500 next year in all likelihood, but last place in Hockey East would be a disappointing surprise. They'll be better than at least Vermont, and I would guess they improve past New Hampshire too. I think their floor is 9th place for next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

I do agree they won't quite crack .500 next year in all likelihood, but last place in Hockey East would be a disappointing surprise. They'll be better than at least Vermont, and I would guess they improve past New Hampshire too. I think their floor is 9th place for next season.
                  From what I saw of both vt and unh they are both playing a better style of hockey than maine and have some skilled players, better than their records reflect. It will take Barr a couple years to catch up, and has got to break away from Reds old style to get back into contention. Im pretty sure he will.
                  Although if both vt and unh dont improve next year they could be leap frogged.

Comment

• Houle out of the lineup for today's game, likely a suspension. Hebert still in. Also, Ostman not in goal and in fact off the lineup sheet entirely, Theissen gets the start between the pipes.

Comment

• I was hoping Maine would make a good showing(not winning but competing) the last few games and build on that for next season. Open USCHO and there is Houle's picture and a 1 game suspension, couple that with Dawe and whoever got a major the last few games and I see that as ending on a shi tty note. Shame.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

From what I saw of both vt and unh they are both playing a better style of hockey than maine and have some skilled players, better than their records reflect. It will take Barr a couple years to catch up, and has got to break away from Reds old style to get back into contention. I'm pretty sure he will.
                        Although if both vt and unh dont improve next year they could be leap frogged.
                        I would agree. However, Merrimack was picked to finish 9th in the pre-season coaching poll. They have some underlying talent that Borek has developed quite rapidly. I don't think Maine will make that leap for at least two more years, but I do think Barr has the ability to do it. He has already demonstrated that he can recruit. Now we have to wait and see if he can be a head coach.

Comment

• Renwick gets one early, and Maine tacks on another on the PP to jump in front 2-0 five minutes in. Look like a completely different team so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            I was hoping Maine would make a good showing(not winning but competing) the last few games and build on that for next season. Open USCHO and there is Houle's picture and a 1 game suspension, couple that with Dawe and whoever got a major the last few games and I see that as ending on a shi tty note. Shame.
                            From what I saw last night Maine played hard and they have a 2-0 lead today. The second half of the season has been very encouraging.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• [QUOTE=Drew S.;n3718756]

From what I saw last night Maine played hard and they have a 2-0 lead today. The second half of the season has been very encouraging. [/QUOTE

Agree completely.

Comment

• Great hustle by Quinlivan draws a penalty to neutralize a Providence PP. Maine up 2-1 late in the second.

Comment

Working...
                                X