This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-0 UMass, games over in the 1st
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      UMAss took last nights loss personally, Simply overwhelming Maine early
      Maine definitely punched above their weight last night.
      Good to see but buckle in for tonite.

Comment

• Nice PP play goal by Houle,3-1

Comment

• I don't know who is running the cameras for this broadcast but they suck

Comment

• They ain’t dead yet, hell of a response

Comment

• wow 3-2 Maine with another PP goal, nice shot

Comment

• I love how this team is playing.

Comment

• Tonight's game was a bit more indicative of what I expected on the weekend: play tough but ultimately get out-talented by a top-10 team on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                    Tonight's game was a bit more indicative of what I expected on the weekend: play tough but ultimately get out-talented by a top-10 team on the road.
                    Agreed, this was a really solid weekend for Maine. Taking the Friday night game was huge and should give the team hope for single elimination playoffs. Can’t go down 3 goals in 10 minutes and expect to win but I love the way they battled back. I really thought Houle was going to tie it when he walked in.

Anyone see what happened to Sirota? I didn’t see him the last 2 periods

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Agreed, this was a really solid weekend for Maine. Taking the Friday night game was huge and should give the team hope for single elimination playoffs. Can’t go down 3 goals in 10 minutes and expect to win but I love the way they battled back. I really thought Houle was going to tie it when he walked in.

Anyone see what happened to Sirota? I didn’t see him the last 2 periods
                      Maine has no business even being in the HEA tournament in the first place. Maine is an awful team, no two ways about it.

All Maine can hope to accomplish is to bounce another HEA team out of contention via a meaningless upset.

I don't want to see that.

The NCAA's are much more fun to watch when the contenders are legit, and HE is represented.

(Even if one of the representatives is GD BU. :P)

Comment

• My bartender the other night was a Stanford student. He said his brother went to BU and I kind of snickered. He raised an eyebrow so I said I'm a UMaine guy and "it sucks to BU." He laughed and said, "I'll be using that!"
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Maine has no business even being in the HEA tournament in the first place. Maine is an awful team, no two ways about it.

All Maine can hope to accomplish is to bounce another HEA team out of contention via a meaningless upset.

The NCAA's are much more fun to watch when the contenders are legit, and HE is represented.

You don't want Maine to win a game in HE tourney? This team isn't great, not a ton of talent but Barr certainly has the team playing hard at times. I want them to win every game whether this team is great or not. Learning to win as a team is important and the sooner Barr gets the team into that mode the better.

The first 10 minutes of last nights game sucked but they came back and played hard. Good weekend for team if they hadn't gone to sleep in 1st last night

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Under the current Hockey East format, all teams make the playoffs...with that said I would expect Maine to play and play to win, but to be truthful/imo there should ONLY be 8 teams make the playoffs...which should be addressed by Hockey East...and if this ruffles the feathers of teams #9,#10,#11....TOO BAD, as the regular should have meaning and substance to it...period. SIDE NOTE: Go Bengals SB#56!!

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              You don't want Maine to win a game in HE tourney? This team isn't great, not a ton of talent but Barr certainly has the team playing hard at times. I want them to win every game whether this team is great or not. Learning to win as a team is important and the sooner Barr gets the team into that mode the better.
                              Agree, getting as deep into the Hockey East tourney as possible is good for the returning guys like Houle/Breen/Remwick who will be mentors to the large crop of incoming players.

Even if it's just playing the spoiler role (like Friday night) I want this team to win.

Comment

• You don't hear fans of teams too often say.....I want my team to lose in the playoffs because they are just not good enough. Weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X