The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Going off of Saturday's like sheet, I counted 15 Jrs and Srs on the lineup card. Given with 12 already announced freshmen and possibly more on the way, and with the possibility of transfers, I wonder if Barr is expecting every upperclassmen to either choose to graduate or transfer. I doubt every single one goes, given that you still do need depth and scratches, but it was something I thought about and noticed.
    What happened to Morrissey, Mulera, and Gould? I could see all of them not coming back as well. It’s strange that Morrissey has been in and out of the lineup given how much talent he has.

Whatever Barr does he needs to have everyone next year be all in and can’t have any guys still nursing a grievance. This year truly has been an embarrassment and hopefully we never see anything like it again.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

What happened to Morrissey, Mulera, and Gould? I could see all of them not coming back as well. It’s strange that Morrissey has been in and out of the lineup given how much talent he has.

Whatever Barr does he needs to have everyone next year be all in and can’t have any guys still nursing a grievance. This year truly has been an embarrassment and hopefully we never see anything like it again.
      I'm really disappointed to see Gould completely buried. I remember him being a well thought of recruit and excited to see him play, but he's barely even been in the lineup.

Comment

I’m under the impression Morrissey is injured, otherwise I don’t see a reason for him not playing. He’s always impactful. Next season, he would pair really nicely on a third line with Pabich and Kiecker-Olson, all those guys have scored in the USHL.
        I think Mulera has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff, he had a couple poor performances back to back and I think that was it for him.
        I don’t think Gould will ever be an everyday in the lineup guy. It’s a shame cause I remember him being a big recruit when signed as well. I remember Barr saying on one of the coaches shows before the season that he needed to put on muscle or something along those lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

I’m under the impression Morrissey is injured, otherwise I don’t see a reason for him not playing. He’s always impactful. Next season, he would pair really nicely on a third line with Pabich and Kiecker-Olson, all those guys have scored in the USHL.
          I think Mulera has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff, he had a couple poor performances back to back and I think that was it for him.
          I don’t think Gould will ever be an everyday in the lineup guy. It’s a shame cause I remember him being a big recruit when signed as well. I remember Barr saying on one of the coaches shows before the season that he needed to put on muscle or something along those lines.
          I just looked up Morrissey’s stats and he’s played less than half the games in his two years at Maine. He also only played about half the games his two years in the USHL. He def has tons of talent but what good does it do you if he’s not playing?

Mulera has a lot of skill but just doesn’t have the physicality. I’d be very surprised if he came back. Gould is probably in the same boat. It seems like Maine has been pretty successful when he’s been in the lineup and I I don’t get why he hasn’t gotten more of a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            Going off of Saturday's like sheet, I counted 15 Jrs and Srs on the lineup card. Given with 12 already announced freshmen and possibly more on the way, and with the possibility of transfers, I wonder if Barr is expecting every upperclassmen to either choose to graduate or transfer. I doubt every single one goes, given that you still do need depth and scratches, but it was something I thought about and noticed.
            Wouldnt some of those have to be invited back to play. Would they all deserve a chance to return if rebuilding is the objective.
            How does it work with scholarships. Is it a four year contract the school cannot break? Also seniors choosing to come back as grads are beyond the previous scholarship terms and would be looked at in what they have to offer in comparison to transfers or recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Wouldnt some of those have to be invited back to play. Would they all deserve a chance to return if rebuilding is the objective.
              How does it work with scholarships. Is it a four year contract the school cannot break? Also seniors choosing to come back as grads are beyond the previous scholarship terms and would be looked at in what they have to offer in comparison to transfers or recruits.
              Scholarships are on a year to year basis and can be adjusted.

Comment

• Morrissey is off the roster. Anyone know what happened?

Edit: Westerlund is gone as well.

Comment

• Sometimes you just have to rip the Bandaid off, say ouch, and get better….
                  $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                  Just win.....

Comment

Morrissey is off the roster. Anyone know what happened?

Edit: Westerlund is gone as well.
                    Definitely a shame about Morrissey, had a lot of talent. It’s not fair to speculate too much but he had been banged up a lot in his 2 years so could have been injuries or not fitting into the coaching staff’s plans. Same goes for Westerlund, I don’t think pro hockey is in the cards for him and he’d been banged up so maybe he just decided to hang it up. He hadn’t seen a lot of ice time of late.

The silver lining is I’m guessing Morrissey was a scholarship guy and I’m not exactly sure how that works but could open up some money for other players. In the world of 5th years and the transfer portal I’m sure they’re more valuable than ever.

Comment

• “Ben is a genuine person and that is really important in recruiting and coaching. You want players to respect and like you. Ben is very honest and oozes with integrity. He knows the game real well, he knows what it takes to win and has a very clear vision [of how to get it done],” said Carvel. “They may not win a national championship in three years but they will make strides every year.”

High praise from Greg Carvel.

Comment

• Nice shot from Breen on the PP, Maine with the 1-0 edge early.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                          Nice shot from Breen on the PP, Maine with the 1-0 edge early.
                          Looks like an entirely different team, these guys didn’t show up at all last weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Looks like an entirely different team, these guys didn’t show up at all last weekend.
                            Probably got a good chewing out after those road efforts because it's a night/day difference so far tonight.

Comment

• Poisson ties this game up at 2 on a breakaway. Good speed from center ice to win that puck and get loose.

Comment

• Bisson must be most penalized on team.
                                Last edited by NorthMike; 02-11-2022, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X