This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

I listened to the game on radio. There was a scrum with less than a minute left in the game. 2 players from each team received penalties, Maine pulled the goal tender with 5 seconds left to gain the man advantage (5 on 4) according to the announcer. That's what I recall.
    I looked at the box and 2 Maine players and 2 Merrimack players received roughing penalties, with a third Merrimack player receiving a double minor for roughing at 18:57, so Maine had a 1:03 powerplay to end the game. Maine didn't pull the goalie, but had in the middle of the third on a Merrimack delayed penalty.

Maine was 0 for 5 on the powerplay with just 5 shots while allowing 3 shots in 9:03 of powerplay time. Merrimack was 2 for 2 on the powerplay with 3 shots in just 1:36 of powerplay time.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      Finally got around to making a spreadsheet with recruit stats. When I say "Estimated Arrival Year", I went off of the CollegeHockeyInc recruiting spreadsheet, which was also where I got the list of Maine's committed recruits. My spreadsheet can be viewed here, let me know if it works:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
      Looks good but I would use Heisenberg's list for reference....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1310221579

Comment

Finally got around to making a spreadsheet with recruit stats. When I say "Estimated Arrival Year", I went off of the CollegeHockeyInc recruiting spreadsheet, which was also where I got the list of Maine's committed recruits. My spreadsheet can be viewed here, let me know if it works:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
        Keep it going!

Comment

• The team posted about Nadeau on Instagram. He's coming this fall.

Comment

The team posted about Nadeau on Instagram. He's coming this fall.
            That's GREAT news!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZsL9kLF603/

Comment

• Josh Nadeau named BCHL 1st Star of the Week.

https://bchl.ca/nadeau-clarke-say-na...rs-of-the-week

Comment

• Ryan Hopkins in for next year as well. Will be a completely different team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
                  Ryan Hopkins in for next year as well. Will be a completely different team.
                  https://twitter.com/MaineIceHockey/s...80183273242624

Comment

• That’s 12 formally announced freshman for next fall. Heisenberg still has two recruits verbally committed for next fall that haven’t been announced yet. Plus next season is 8 months away I’m sure more recruits and transfers will be added. There could conceivably be 15-17 new guys next year. That’s a 63% new team. Should at least be entertaining.

Comment

• Should be interesting to see the talent Barr is bringing in. Hopefully we get some speed along with guys who can snipe a little. Still some hockey to play this year.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• I don’t love having so many kids in one class but this year has been so bad Barr doesn’t really have a choice. Hopefully some of the kids are very successful and leave after two or three years and Barr can get the classes somewhat balanced.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          I don’t love having so many kids in one class but this year has been so bad Barr doesn’t really have a choice. Hopefully some of the kids are very successful and leave after two or three years and Barr can get the classes somewhat balanced.
                          When you're dealing with a near-total rebuild, there's really no other way to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post

When you're dealing with a near-total rebuild, there's really no other way to do it.
                            Exactly. Im good with it, looking forward to it.
                            Maine needs to get relevant again to show it can be done, if a big freshman class is what it takes for two to three years down the road, so be it.
                            Being concerned over anything but is irrelevant.
                            Keep in mind next year with a big freshman presence will be painful as well, at least first half.

Comment

• The size of the class is pretty unprecedented but I think there are a lot of factors that contribute to it.

First off, all of these guys are division 1 hockey players, maybe one or two are projects but looking at the commits, it’s pretty clear that this class is talented and deep. It is probably the best class in over a decade, Nyquist, Flynn, Abbott, O’Neill is the last time I can remember us having this many talented guys coming in. I don’t think this years class has as much high end talent but it might be deeper.

Second, I think some of these guys better start packing their bags. I would have paid to be a fly on the wall after the Merrimack game and on the bus ride home. Announcing Nadeau and Hopkins the following Monday and Tuesday was about sending a message in my opinion. There are currently 6 defensemen in this class, all of whom are talented enough to be in the lineup opening night. Breazeale and Duerr will definitely be back but is Barr anticipating Bisson or Bruneski moving on?

It’s going to be tough early on next year but the lineup looks pretty exciting to me. Trudeau and Nadeau joining Breen, Houle, Poisson and Renwick could make for a couple lines who can find the net. Pabich and Kiecker-Olson should come in and be third liners right away. I expect 10-11 of the new guys to be in lineup opening night so make sure you have the line chart handy for the first couple of games.

Comment

• Going off of Saturday's like sheet, I counted 15 Jrs and Srs on the lineup card. Given with 12 already announced freshmen and possibly more on the way, and with the possibility of transfers, I wonder if Barr is expecting every upperclassmen to either choose to graduate or transfer. I doubt every single one goes, given that you still do need depth and scratches, but it was something I thought about and noticed.

Comment

Working...
                                X