Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn’t see that coming this weekend. It seemed like Maine was starting to build a little momentum with four decent performances in a row. BU and Merrimack are obviously the in form teams in hockey east, and honestly losing to them isn’t a big deal, but would have been nice to see a little more. Getting shut out is never good.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Ouch!!! Two consecutive games being shut out! Maine split at Alfond earlier in the season. So much for building confidence in the win against BC.
      Last edited by Runsub5; 02-05-2022, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• UMaine with a Katie Bueller weekend.

Comment

• That was.....disappointing.

In other news....Josh Nadeau had a hat trick in Penticton's 8-2 win tonight. In fact Maine recruits scored 5 of the 8 goals.

Comment

• That hit on Dawe was truly disgusting, I hope the league takes a look at that, I was shocked it was only a two minute penalty. It seems to happen to Dawe every year though. I really hope that wasn’t his last game in a Maine sweater, that would be a terrible way to go out.

As for Merrimack, they can really fly, they play hard and are physical. Looking at the roster, they’ve done it with a lot of high level transfers so I don’t know how sustainable that is for long term success. Borek really has them playing well. No shame in losing to a good Merrimack team but there should be some shame in rolling over like that.

Comment

• With that hat trick Nadeau now the leading BCHL goal scorer.

Continuing to build a case for his arrival next fall????

For what it’s worth he would be the same hight and size Joey Diamond was when he arrived.

Interesting his brother Brad is suppose to be more talented.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
                ......As for Merrimack, they can really fly, they play hard and are physical. Looking at the roster, they've done it with a lot of high level transfers so I don't know how sustainable that is for long term success. Borek really has them playing well. No shame in losing to a good Merrimack team but there should be some shame in rolling over like that.
                "No shame in losing to a good Merrimack team" is not something that Maine fans have had to say for a long time. Yes, the transfers are playing well (Newton and Jandric especially) but this Jr. class (Carlisle, Uens, Vinnell, Forsmark and Walsh) are an outstanding class, and Soph. Jefferies was a coveted recruit. 2 young goalies (Ollas is a frosh, Borgeil a soph), so I'm not really concerend about how sustainable it is (although they'll have some big skates to fill after next year). Hate to see the Black Bears down like this. HE is a better league when the are good. Agree with an earlier poster who commented how slow they looked.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                  "No shame in losing to a good Merrimack team" is not something that Maine fans have had to say for a long time. Yes, the transfers are playing well (Newton and Jandric especially) but this Jr. class (Carlisle, Uens, Vinnell, Forsmark and Walsh) are an outstanding class, and Soph. Jefferies was a coveted recruit. 2 young goalies (Ollas is a frosh, Borgeil a soph), so I'm not really concerend about how sustainable it is (although they'll have some big skates to fill after next year). Hate to see the Black Bears down like this. HE is a better league when the are good. Agree with an earlier poster who commented how slow they looked.
                  Strange given that they were all over the ice last weekend against BC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
                    With that hat trick Nadeau now the leading BCHL goal scorer.

Continuing to build a case for his arrival next fall????

For what it’s worth he would be the same hight and size Joey Diamond was when he arrived.

Interesting his brother Brad is suppose to be more talented.
                    I don’t know that the brother is necessarily more talented, I think size wise he is just built more for the pros. One of the scouts on EP said “Nadeau’s creativity and elusiveness are truly remarkable. Josh is one of the best players I have ever seen play the game at his age.“ After this weekend, I say get this guy here asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                      I meant no disrespect with the sustainable comment, that Merrimack team is really good, good enough to win hockey East this year. And borek should be coach of the year. That was just my observation based on the huge jump in success from the past two seasons. Uens Carlisle and Brar were the guys I couldn’t help but notice every time they were on the ice. And the goalie is huge, looks like Ben bishop out there

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

Strange given that they were all over the ice last weekend against BC.
                        I was at both games and Bc was slow in comparison to mc, so in theory bc is slower than maine, wow.
                        Sadly it was fun to watch the mc first line.

Maine was shell shocked during the first period and were completely lost, all they could do was puck wack.

Comment

• Anyone know of a link showing tbe dawe hit? I missed it.

The refs let alot of holding and interference go.

Comment

• Finally got around to making a spreadsheet with recruit stats. When I say "Estimated Arrival Year", I went off of the CollegeHockeyInc recruiting spreadsheet, which was also where I got the list of Maine's committed recruits. My spreadsheet can be viewed here, let me know if it works:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

• I didn't see the game. What happened at the end to put 6 guys in the box? Did ME have a 2-man advantage from that?
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                                I didn't see the game. What happened at the end to put 6 guys in the box? Did ME have a 2-man advantage from that?
                                I listened to the game on radio. There was a scrum with less than a minute left in the game. 2 players from each team received penalties, Maine pulled the goal tender with 5 seconds left to gain the man advantage (5 on 4) according to the announcer. That's what I recall.

Comment

Working...
                                X