The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    EZ, ez buddy...hang onto your reel...don't have the big one on us...just a general statement on the play...period.
    There'll be a lot of people left happy when I have "the big one".

I'm guessing that I'll survive another Summer, but you never know.

And while I never let go of my reel, the crazy rain made fishing nearly impossible in my local river.

Maybe this coming June...

Comment

• So……….do we think Josh Nadeau is showing up in the fall or not?
      • He’s tied for first in points on his first place BCHL team (45 points in 34 games).
      • He’s 9th in the BCHL in total scoring, 4th in goals, and is now 2 points behind the most touted member of next year’s class Felix Trudeau.
      • He would be a 19-year-old Freshman so it’s not like he’s showing up at 17, but he's also not 21.
      • He is small at 5’7 157LBS.
      Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
        So……….do we think Josh Nadeau is showing up in the fall or not?
        • He’s tied for first in points on his first place BCHL team (45 points in 34 games).
        • He’s 9th in the BCHL in total scoring, 4th in goals, and is now 2 points behind the most touted member of next year’s class Felix Trudeau.
        • He would be a 19-year-old Freshman so it’s not like he’s showing up at 17, but he's also not 21.
        • He is small at 5’7 157LBS.
        Thoughts?
        I've thought about that quite a bit and I see pros and cons to bringing him in now and holding him back a year.

First off, he can really help Maine, I’ve seen highlights of the Vees and he would immediately be the most skilled player on Maine. He has great hands, vision and shot.
        A pro of holding him back a year just has to do with experience. This is his first year in a top league and even though his transition has been smooth, he may benefit from staying in the same spot for another year.
        A con of him staying is losing him. If Maine were to lose Nadeau, it would be devastating to the rebuild. It would likely mean the loss of his brother as well who is viewed as a legit pro prospect.
        A pro of him staying is possibly bringing him and his brother in together. 4 years of the Nadeau brothers playing together could be really fun.

I assume Barr wants to see how the rest of the season plays out and which guys with an extra year choose to stay. Hebert, Dawe and JSS all have an extra year so I assume if a couple forgo their extra year or transfer, Barr will look to bring him in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

I've thought about that quite a bit and I see pros and cons to bringing him in now and holding him back a year.

First off, he can really help Maine, I’ve seen highlights of the Vees and he would immediately be the most skilled player on Maine. He has great hands, vision and shot.
          A pro of holding him back a year just has to do with experience. This is his first year in a top league and even though his transition has been smooth, he may benefit from staying in the same spot for another year.
          A con of him staying is losing him. If Maine were to lose Nadeau, it would be devastating to the rebuild. It would likely mean the loss of his brother as well who is viewed as a legit pro prospect.
          A pro of him staying is possibly bringing him and his brother in together. 4 years of the Nadeau brothers playing together could be really fun.

I assume Barr wants to see how the rest of the season plays out and which guys with an extra year choose to stay. Hebert, Dawe and JSS all have an extra year so I assume if a couple forgo their extra year or transfer, Barr will look to bring him in.

Well said. I think it would be a massive loss to the program if he and his brother don't come but ultimately I'd be surprised if they went elsewhere (sounded like being close to home was a big plus for them).

Can't miss out on highly skilled offensive talent right in your own backyard.

Comment

• Big game tonight down at BU. Can they keep it going or will they regress again?

https://www.collegesportslive.com/vi...ersity-020422/

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Dawe should move on, theres obvious problems there with the new regime. JSS, maybe will stay, Barr has been praising his ability to change and be open about learning new things. Barr also likes Hebert saying hes low maintenance and very coachable.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Dawe should move on, theres obvious problems there with the new regime. JSS, maybe will stay, Barr has been praising his ability to change and be open about learning new things. Barr also likes Hebert saying hes low maintenance and very coachable.
                I think and hope that Hebert will stay.....he has been consistently good this season. He seems like a great teammate.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  Big game tonight down at BU. Can they keep it going or will they regress again?

https://www.collegesportslive.com/vi...ersity-020422/
                  Well I think a loss against BU, as well as they are playing, would not necessarily mean regression. Commesso is in Beijing but Case McCarthy is back after missing several games. He is our best all-around d-man. Hope it's a good game.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Well I think a loss against BU, as well as they are playing, would not necessarily mean regression. Commesso is in Beijing but Case McCarthy is back after missing several games. He is our best all-around d-man. Hope it's a good game.
                    Feels like Maine ran into a buzzsaw tonight. I don’t know if it’s as much Maine as it is BU playing terrific hockey. They’re fast, wouldn’t be surprised to see BU make a run down the stretch.

Comment

• MC is having a much better year than we expected, but I would think they still view tonight as a winnable game. I'll be there, hopefully they can play well.

Comment

• Most of that first period was pretty brutal. 2-0 Mack, shots 20-7 for them. Could have been worse than that, though Maine did look better the last few minutes. Maybe that will translate to a better second period.

Comment

• Penalties,penalties.... Faceoff violation - How often do you see that penalty? Leave it to Maine.

Comment

• Ill tell you Mc recruited in some kids who can skate and handle a puck, make a pass and know where their mate is. Not afraid to check and be scrappy either. Not sure how.
                            They make maine look as slow as they are. Like slow old men who complain when getting checked.

Comment

• Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
                              Penalties,penalties.... Faceoff violation - How often do you see that penalty? Leave it to Maine.
                              Maine's only taken 3 penalties, it's just so happened that MC is 2/3 on the PP.

Comment

• A real shellacing by a much more talented team.
                                Cant wait for next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X