No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nadeau with Trudeau this fall would be fun! Larry makes no mention of Lindauer, Pinchette, or the Russian goalie that are on Heisenberg’s list to be here this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
      Nadeau with Trudeau this fall would be fun! Larry makes no mention of Lindauer, Pinchette, or the Russian goalie that are on Heisenberg’s list to be here this fall.
      I see Lindauer listed in the article, it says him and Weis are both from Madison, Wisconsin. As for Pichette I think it’s safe to say he’ll be coming in next fall. Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing them bring in Hopkins, Bradley Nadeau and Pichette next year. If they all stay with Penticton, giving them all a chance to develop together would be good and make next year’s class really good. This year’s class already looks super solid especially if Josh Nadeau is in it.

Comment

• I also see Platon Zarodozhny has a 3.22 GGA

Maybe not quite ready for Orono.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Alumnus John Ronan won his coaching debut at Union College with a 3-1 victory over Brown. Ronan is filling in while head coach Rick Bennett is on administrative leave.
          Best known (in my mind) for scoring the go-ahead goal in the Excel, before the local refs screwed Maine.

That one was completely ****ed up. Schutte took a tripping call (probably justified) but the refs all swallowed their whistles seconds later when the Gophers' goalie took an egregious whack at a Maine guy skating well outside the crease, both in OT.

Sorry, that one still sticks in my craw!
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-22-2022, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Best known (in my mind) for scoring the go-ahead goal in the Excel, before the local refs screwed Maine.

That one was completely ****ed up. Schutte took a tripping call (probably justified) but the refs all swallowed their whistles seconds later when the Gophers' goalie took an egregious whack at a Maine guy skating well outside the crease, both in OT.

Same here. Not to be a drama queen......but I feel like that started the long slow 20 year decline of Maine Hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

Same here. Not to be a drama queen......but I feel like that started the long slow 20 year decline of Maine Hockey.
              I will always remember him for the ot goals against Harvard and BC.

I don’t really remember much of the game against MN except for what happened at the end of OT. Really, really horrible memories.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
                I also see Platon Zarodozhny has a 3.22 GGA

Maybe not quite ready for Orono.
                I wonder what happens if things go pear shaped in Ukraine too. The good thing is androlewicz is decent enough so that if it doesn’t work out with the Russian kid it’s not the end of the world.

I would give Nadeau a year in the USHL before he comes to Maine. He obviously has a ton of skill but it could be hard for his game to translate to the college level with his size. A year in the USHL should help with the translation.

I think next year’s class is good for where Maine is right now. Trudeau and Kincaid are the only two with star potential but the floor is pretty high with most of them and they should provide a good foundation for the future. The key is going to be Maine rediscovering whatever has been missing this year. Needs to be a more consistent effort and guys have that edge/toughness/belief that hasn’t been there this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

That and the toe in the crease in Boston.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

That and the toe in the crease in Boston.
                    Damon with the toe in the crease vs. Denver?

I forgot where that game was played. But it lead to a rule change.

Too late for Maine at that point, but that rule was BS.

Comment

Fleet Center (aka TD Garden), 10 April 2004?

Comment

Shields shot and Damon scored the goal, Hamilton? Had the 1mm of skate in the crease. I think something got thrown at tv after that.

Those were good teams in early 2000's, 04 were good playoff games, close hard fought games.
                        Last edited by NorthMike; 01-25-2022, 06:28 AM.

Comment

The Schutte penalty was pretty clear, but the no call on Houser for a high stick on that resulting PP was truly a terrible missed call that changed the outcome of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

The Schutte penalty was pretty clear, but the no call on Houser for a high stick on that resulting PP was truly a terrible missed call that changed the outcome of the game.
                            My memory ain't all that, but I would have called that an obvious slash on Houser. He swung his stick like a lumberjack. An easy make-up call in OT of the NC game.

I still feel righteous indignation about that one.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-25-2022, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Alumnus John Ronan won his coaching debut at Union College with a 3-1 victory over Brown. Ronan is filling in while head coach Rick Bennett is on administrative leave.
                              I'm in the neighborhood and paying attention, but Union is being tight-lipped re: Bennett's reputed offense.

One has to assume that it has something to do with sex. (Doesn't it always, these days?)

Comment

My memory ain't all that, but I would have called that an obvious slash on Houser. He swung his stick like a lumberjack. An easy make-up call in OT of the NC game.

I still feel righteous indignation about that one.
                                Adam Hauser threw a blocker shot to Todd Jackson’s Jaw

Jackson reported about 12 years later at an alumni weekend that his jaw still hurt and that he had never watched the replay of the game

Jackson autographed a Minnesota jersey with the number 666 and the name plate Piotrowski for Knowitall….(who lurks to this day)

Comment

Working...
                                X