The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I know a poster here, I think it was BHall, used to keep a recruiting spreadsheet, but I haven't seen him post in quite a while now. Could be because I really only read this thread these days, but I hope he's OK regardless. Has anyone made another recruiting sheet to keep track of who's coming in and how they're doing? Or perhaps should I look into trying to make one?
    Hesinberg’s sheet is good enough for me. It doesn’t have updated stats on each player but does have the list of names.

Back in the day when we had the recruiting thread once in awhile someone would post the stats in the thread along with some updates. I think it was AMC but could be making that up.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I know a poster here, I think it was BHall, used to keep a recruiting spreadsheet, but I haven't seen him post in quite a while now. Could be because I really only read this thread these days, but I hope he's OK regardless. Has anyone made another recruiting sheet to keep track of who's coming in and how they're doing? Or perhaps should I look into trying to make one?
      Sure get one going that would be great.
      I was looking for bhall's recruiting sheet last year with no luck.

Someone could also start a new recruiting thread anytime.
      I guess they dont limit these threads at 1000 posts anymore, this one has been going for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

You didn't pick nits. I just KNEW that someone would catch me on Aucoin. I remembered him as soon as I posted that.

I don't recall the two other guys, but of course Guy Hebert had an actual NHL career, and he played at Hamilton.

Still, we're talking hen's teeth here... Almost non-existent.

Having said that, good call, my brother. I tend to forget **** in my declining years.
        We won't hold it against you Fish. Simonetti was with the Bruins (4 years I believe) in the late 80s. McLean was the first (I believe) 4 time All America in college hockey and the 2005 (?) player of the year. Bounced around and made the NHL with the Islanders.

While there is certainly a gap between D1 and D3, I believe it's much smaller in hockey than any other sport - primarily due to the lack of an actual D2 (not to mention that the D2 we do have is far worse than D3).

Nonetheless, apologies for hijacking the thread.

Comment

• Brandon holt signed his NLI today, which means another promising defenseman will be coming in next year. Judging off the number of defenseman that are signed I think Barr is expecting Sirota and Butala to be gone. All the defenseman that have signed so far look like they could potentially be in the lineup opening night. These guys in addition to
          Breazeale, Duerr and Bisson should should help Maine have a strong d core next year and into the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post

We won't hold it against you Fish. Simonetti was with the Bruins (4 years I believe) in the late 80s. McLean was the first (I believe) 4 time All America in college hockey and the 2005 (?) player of the year. Bounced around and made the NHL with the Islanders.

While there is certainly a gap between D1 and D3, I believe it's much smaller in hockey than any other sport - primarily due to the lack of an actual D2 (not to mention that the D2 we do have is far worse than D3).

Nonetheless, apologies for hijacking the thread.
            You're fine; you didn't hijack anything.

I'm actually more interested about the Maine cast-offs at this moment. Both those guys are looking like D-3 All Americans at this instant.

My guess is that it won't last, but it's fairly amazing how two end-of-the-bench Maine guys are lighting up D-3 right now.

(I wouldn't have expected that either.)
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-22-2022, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Looks like they are bringing in another defensemen from Sioux Falls who according to EP was previously committed to Northeastern. Brandon Chabrier. Anybody have insight into this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
                Looks like they are bringing in another defensemen from Sioux Falls who according to EP was previously committed to Northeastern. Brandon Chabrier. Anybody have insight into this?
                Team announced it on Instagram, so I'd say it's official. 5'11, 170 lbs, 19 y/o. According to the Northeastern Hockey blog, he was committed to NU all the way back in 2017. Might be a solid get.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...andon-chabrier

Comment

Team announced it on Instagram, so I'd say it's official. 5'11, 170 lbs, 19 y/o. According to the Northeastern Hockey blog, he was committed to NU all the way back in 2017. Might be a solid get.

Looks pretty solid, has significant ushl experience. It’s very encouraging to see the amount of defensemen Barr is bringing in and high quality ones from the looks of it. There’s going to be a ton of competition on the blue line the next couple seasons, especially with Hopkins, Lesakowski likely coming in next year who both look like really solid prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Looks pretty solid, has significant ushl experience. It’s very encouraging to see the amount of defensemen Barr is bringing in and high quality ones from the looks of it. There’s going to be a ton of competition on the blue line the next couple seasons, especially with Hopkins, Lesakowski likely coming in next year who both look like really solid prospects.
                    He sounds like someone who was a top prospect at 15 or 16 and it hasn’t quite worked out. There is definitely some talent there and hopefully Barr can get the best out of him.

I wonder if some of him, Arnott, and Antonacci will convert to forward? Another possibility is that some of Gould, Bruneski, and Bisson won’t be back. Maine definitely is on the right path with dmen.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• [QUOTE=Drew S.;n3708502]

He sounds like someone who was a top prospect at 15 or 16 and it hasn’t quite worked out. There is definitely some talent there and hopefully Barr can get the best out of him.

Seems accurate. Was a NTDP candidate according to multiple reports when he was 15.

Comment

Kinda small for a D-1 defenseman, but why not give him a shot?

Maine needs help everywhere on the ice right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Kinda small for a D-1 defenseman, but why not give him a shot?

Maine needs help everywhere on the ice right now.
                          This has been a trend with a lot of the guys he’s recruited/coached. If you look at the defenseman UMass built it’s program around, the 3 best were all under 6 foot. I believe Cale Makar, Zac Jones and Mario Ferraro are all under 6 foot. If you go all the way back to his Union days, Shayne Gostisbehere was under 6 foot too. I don’t think any of these guys are quite as good as the guys I listed but if they can even be close we’ll be all set.

Comment

• Another new player announced this morning.
                            Ive lost track of who has been recruited, signed nli's, etc.
                            Seems like a lot of new faces will be coming in next fall.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...47/thomas-weis
                            Last edited by NorthMike; 01-21-2022, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Alumnus John Ronan won his coaching debut at Union College with a 3-1 victory over Brown. Ronan is filling in while head coach Rick Bennett is on administrative leave.

Comment

• Larry Mahoney posted an article about the incoming recruiting class, currently stands at 10 players with the potential to be 12. Josh Nadeau could potentially be this fall or next, I was really hoping he’d be in this years class. The other is Ryan Hopkins, who is probably Maine’s best pro prospect. He’ll be 18 in April so he’s also pretty young.

Comment

Working...
                                X