This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Still, Blue-bleeders, does anyone know if this process is a purge designed to make room for Barr's recruits? I'm in favor of such a thing, but I have no idea if it's happening.
    I dont recall either of these players even being on the roster this year, dont have an old roster to check though. Someone here will correct me if wrong.

I dont get a sense theres any targeted purge going on other than some players will leave anyway who dont fit in for whatever reason.

The team is heavy with upper classmen so theres going to be a big turnover.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 01-18-2022, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• It sounds like Maine is going to try to play this weekend. They have two open dates from the penn state weekend being cancelled and no games scheduled this weekend.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        It sounds like Maine is going to try to play this weekend. They have two open dates from the penn state weekend being cancelled and no games scheduled this weekend.
        This is interesting. Any word on who may be the opponent?

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

This is interesting. Any word on who may be the opponent?
          My guess is they’ll wait and see which games get cancelled and see if they can work something out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I'll certainly take your word for it. But it strikes me as odd that both guys went to more expensive schools that have never sent a single player to the NHL.

Having said that, D-3 has some serious work-arounds when it comes to that sort of thing... It doesn't call them "scholarships", instead they are called "grants in aid". (Same difference.)

Still, Blue-bleeders, does anyone know if this process is a purge designed to make room for Barr's recruits? I'm in favor of such a thing, but I have no idea if it's happening.
            Nit-picking, but Norwich has had three guys reach the NHL all time.
            Frank Simonetti
            Keith Aucoin
            Kurtis McLean

I'd also bet, IF they weren't getting scholarships at Maine, their new schools ended up being cheaper (due to the grants/academic scholarships d3 can offer). Maine is quite pricey for an out-of-state student.
            Last edited by KrbFlint; 01-18-2022, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Some major recruiting news...Robert Kincaid signed his LOI and is coming next year. He could be Maine’s best recruit and should be a big upgrade on the PP. I wasn’t sure if he was still committed or not.

Comment

• This one looks like a new recruit, dosen't even have Maine listed on EliteProspects yet. Defenseman Robert Kincaid, 6' 170 LHD. 9-23-32 in 42 AJHL GP.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...robert-kincaid

Comment

• Ok I got to ask, what stat do you see that warrants such high praise on Kincaid?
                  Im not being critical here just honestly curious. I look at these these kids elite prospects profiles and dont see much info at all. Or do you guys have the subscriptions to premium elite prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    Ok I got to ask, what stat do you see that warrants such high praise on Kincaid?
                    Im not being critical here just honestly curious. I look at these these kids elite prospects profiles and dont see much info at all. Or do you guys have the subscriptions to premium elite prospects.
                    He’s one of the top scoring dmen in the ajhl. He committed a couple years ago but I wasn’t sure whether that was still true. You can find bits and pieces here and there and it sounds encouraging. I would rate him and hopkins Maine’s two best recruits on defense.

Comment

• Thanks Scott, for the excitement, we now welcome son Jacob
                      Pellerin, Dman.
                      $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                      Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

I dont recall either of these players even being on the roster this year, dont have an old roster to check though. Someone here will correct me if wrong.

I dont get a sense theres any targeted purge going on other than some players will leave anyway who dont fit in for whatever reason.

The team is heavy with upper classmen so theres going to be a big turnover.
                        Parker was on the roster, according to GBB, and appeared in 3 games. (Zero points.) Couldn't dig-up a thing about Gaudette, though.

Having said that, Gaudette and Parker are both instant standouts on two of the best D-3 teams in the nation. I suppose that just underscores the gulf between D-1 and D-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                          Thanks Scott, for the excitement, we now welcome son Jacob
                          Pellerin, Dman.
                          He’s actually going to UNE.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post

Nit-picking, but Norwich has had three guys reach the NHL all time.
                            Frank Simonetti
                            Keith Aucoin
                            Kurtis McLean

I'd also bet, IF they weren't getting scholarships at Maine, their new schools ended up being cheaper (due to the grants/academic scholarships d3 can offer). Maine is quite pricey for an out-of-state student.
                            You didn't pick nits. I just KNEW that someone would catch me on Aucoin. I remembered him as soon as I posted that.

I don't recall the two other guys, but of course Guy Hebert had an actual NHL career, and he played at Hamilton.

Still, we're talking hen's teeth here... Almost non-existent.

Having said that, good call, my brother. I tend to forget **** in my declining years.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-18-2022, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

He’s actually going to UNE.
                              I stand corrected.
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

• I know a poster here, I think it was BHall, used to keep a recruiting spreadsheet, but I haven't seen him post in quite a while now. Could be because I really only read this thread these days, but I hope he's OK regardless. Has anyone made another recruiting sheet to keep track of who's coming in and how they're doing? Or perhaps should I look into trying to make one?

Comment

Working...
                                X