X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

I meant that somewhat tongue in cheek
    Well, compared to UMaine I suppose every school seems rich.

Comment

• Can't Maine count? Too many men on the ice and now another penalty. And another score for UML. Good night.

Comment

• And a second too many men on the ice. The ghost of Red is coaching tonight.
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• For a team that allegedly dosen't try, they sure don't seem to go away that easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            For a team that allegedly dosen't try, they sure don't seem to go away that easily.
            Nothing to be ashamed of this weekend, lost to a team and program that has proven to be a winner. Bazin is such a great coach and he does it without super high end recruits. A testament to that is how good their power play is without having a player with more than 20 points.

There was a lot of encouraging things this week, Maine battled back both nights and really gave themselves a shot tonight. Duerr and breazeale both scoring, houle is becoming a consistent scorer. I think it should be Ostman’s net going forward, the team seems to play better in front of him.

Comment

• Merrimac sweeps providence and unh sweeps BC, amazing.
              It happens but sometimes who knows.
              Last edited by NorthMike; 01-15-2022, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Parker and Gaudette have both transferred to D-3 schools, where they're making a splash. (But, the last guy on the bench at Maine would be a stand-out at even a good D-3 program. I get that.)

I found Parker's stats (no points in 3 appearances), but I couldn't find any stats on Gaudette.

Was he any good, or does it appear that those guys were "released" from their scholarships to make some room for Barr's recruits?
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-16-2022, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  Parker and Gaudette have both transferred to D-3 schools, where they're making a splash. (But, the last guy on the bench at Maine would be a stand-out at even a good D-3 program. I get that.)

I found Parker's stats (no points in 3 appearances), but I couldn't find any stats on Gaudette.

Was he any good, or does it appear that those guys were "released" from their scholarships to make some room for Barr's recruits?
                  If you mean about his time at Maine, I liked the look of his game a lot when he first started out. I thought he played with energy and got to the front of the net, and wasn't afraid to take the body. I believe he got COVID at one point, or was seriously sick at least, so I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Comment

Parker and Gaudette have both transferred to D-3 schools, where they're making a splash. (But, the last guy on the bench at Maine would be a stand-out at even a good D-3 program. I get that.)

My understanding was neither guy was getting any money.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Lost their scholarships?

Comment

Lost their scholarships?
                        Nah, never got any money to come to Maine.

Comment

• Not sure if we knew about this one, but another freshman forward set to arrive next fall. 11-8-19 in 24 USHL games this season.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...-kiecker-olson

Comment

Nah, never got any money to come to Maine.
                            Fishy apparently thinks all D-1 players get scholarships. Isn't that cute?

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I'll certainly take your word for it. But it strikes me as odd that both guys went to more expensive schools that have never sent a single player to the NHL.

Having said that, D-3 has some serious work-arounds when it comes to that sort of thing... It doesn't call them "scholarships", instead they are called "grants in aid". (Same difference.)

Still, Blue-bleeders, does anyone know if this process is a purge designed to make room for Barr's recruits? I'm in favor of such a thing, but I have no idea if it's happening.

Comment

I'll certainly take your word for it. But it strikes me as odd that both guys went to more expensive schools that have never sent a single player to the NHL.

Having said that, D-3 has some serious work-arounds when it comes to that sort of thing... It doesn't call them "scholarships", instead they are called "grants in aid". (Same difference.)

Still, Blue-bleeders, does anyone know if this process is a purge designed to make room for Barr's recruits? I'm in favor of such a thing, but I have no idea if it's happening.
                                Neither guy is going to make it to the NHL so probably setting themselves up for something other than hockey.

Im sure a lot of guys will move on and Barr will have plenty of spots available. The problem is if you have one huge class you really **** yourself down the road. I’d be happy adding maybe eight guys for next year even if it means you have only say 22 skaters next year. I don’t see the value in a huge roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X