This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Some absurd **** gets posted by Drew. Yeah, he is going to quit on his first D1 head coach opportunity.
    I know. Well Drew does lots of trolling.
    If Barr left his contract that would be the end of his head coaching career, which is far from his desire.
    I can only imagine how frustrated he is. Im amazed at how well he maintains his composure and positivity.
    All I can say is that its obvious theres a number of players who need to go after this season. Let Barr have his team.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

If there is a a single bright spot in one of the worst games I’ve ever watched it’s Duerr. He looks like an improvement over some of the other dmen, kudos to Spicer for leaving the new guy high and dry on multiple occasions last night. I’m praying Barr brings in 12+ players next season.
      Im with you on the 12+ players. He said the other night on coaches show that the recruited class will be announced soon.

Spicer was so slooow last night it was crazy. Even Sirota was way off his game.

The lines with the returning players off injuries might as well have stayed out. The lines before the break were better.
      Last edited by NorthMike; 01-09-2022, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Based on the line chart Androlewicz will get the start tonight.
        Maybe he should start every game!!! A massive congrats to him.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post

Remember when the folks in this thread thought he made a bizarre move when he left? Again, the craziest of crazy football takes here. And, respectfully, I think you mean *FBS* head coach; he’s already been a D1 HC - even though some here don’t agree with that classification.

Nobody on here was surprised when Harasymiak left for greener pastures. It made perfect sense for a 31YO coach to play a hot hand when he did.

FBS/FCS is pretty much the same difference as D-1A/D-1AA, and it's playing semantics to suggest otherwise. The terminology has changed, but the reality on the ground, not so much. (Even a run of the mill FBS team such as Rutgers would go 12-0 at the FCS level pretty much every year, for example.)

This job is a major step up for Joe, no two ways about it. I wish him luck, and will follow his career. He sure helped Maine get back in the National picture.

Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-08-2022, 09:52 PM.

Comment

As bad as the record is, the performances have been much, much worse. Like I said in my other post what happened last night has happened twice in 20 years. There have been at least half a dozen other absolutely shocking performances as well.

Maybe I’m way off on this but I would think these have been some of the hardest months of his life. Walrus is completely right that you wouldn’t think someone would walk away after their first year but stranger things have happened. I don’t think it will actually happen but I definitely think there is more of a chance than there typically would be.
            You're way off on this. Way off. And I can't believe you doubled down on this senseless drivel.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Barr isn't going anywhere. Aside from his own belief in himself and his ability to build a winner, he has close ties to the Athletics Director. The only way he might consider leaving is if someone offered him a dream job and that's not in the cards.

But keep your dreams of Zombie Shawn Walsh alive!

Comment

• Good win after the showing on Friday. Looks like the 1st line is ok, after that not much though. Would have liked to see a sweep but they got one anyway.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Barr isn't going anywhere. Aside from his own belief in himself and his ability to build a winner, he has close ties to the Athletics Director. The only way he might consider leaving is if someone offered him a dream job and that's not in the cards.

But keep your dreams of Zombie Shawn Walsh alive!
                  two zombie shawn walsh posts are arguably just as bizarre as Drew’s drivel about Barr leaving.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Barr isn't going anywhere. Aside from his own belief in himself and his ability to build a winner, he has close ties to the Athletics Director. The only way he might consider leaving is if someone offered him a dream job and that's not in the cards.
                    This. His "dream job" - until/unless he returns to his alma mater - is the one he's got right now.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

two zombie shawn walsh posts are arguably just as bizarre as Drew’s drivel about Barr leaving.
                      I can only speak for myself but: THANK YOU/+1...I was going to echo what you said...those two just go off on anything on their Soap Box, sadly they lower themselves each and every time...they are entitled to their opinion but after a while garbage is garbage...

Comment

• Third period last night was probably their best all year. Very tenacious on the puck!! I was at the game and was surprised to see Androlowiecz (sp.) start. Obviously the coaching staff has seen progress by him in practice and they weren't disappointed. He wasn't severely challenged but did a good job. Brady Risk picking up the penalty leading to a 5 on 3 which led to the tying goal was a turning point in the game.

Comment

• Maine up to #52 in the Pairwise......7 teams below them now including Vermont.

On a side note.....how the hell did Cornell sweep North Dakota out in Grand Forks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Nobody on here was surprised when Harasymiak left for greener pastures. It made perfect sense for a 31YO coach to play a hot hand when he did.

FBS/FCS is pretty much the same difference as D-1A/D-1AA, and it's playing semantics to suggest otherwise. The terminology has changed, but the reality on the ground, not so much. (Even a run of the mill FBS team such as Rutgers would go 12-0 at the FCS level pretty much every year, for example.)

This job is a major step up for Joe, no two ways about it. I wish him luck, and will follow his career. He sure helped Maine get back in the National picture.
                            A number of people questioned why he would make a “lateral move” (that term was used lol). And you’re correct, FBS/FCS is exactly 1A/1AA. My only point was that FCS/1AA is, in fact, D1. In reality, it’s no different than major vs mid-major in hoops.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                              Maine up to #52 in the Pairwise......7 teams below them now including Vermont.

On a side note.....how the hell did Cornell sweep North Dakota out in Grand Forks?
                              They cheated. ;-)

Comment

As bad as the record is, the performances have been much, much worse. Like I said in my other post what happened last night has happened twice in 20 years. There have been at least half a dozen other absolutely shocking performances as well.
                                I was going to let this lie, but the more I thought about the post you reference the more I thought I should reply. Here is your original post:

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                I was curious how often Maine has given up six even strength goals at the Alford and I could only find two games it’s happened in the last 20 years. Once was a few years ago the night after thanksgiving against a very good Quinnipiac team and the other time Dave Wilson was in goal.
                                I always recall my father saying there are lies, damn lies and statistics. I've worked with college hockey stats for a long time and your statement is one of the more egregious use of stats. Maine has given up 6+ goals at Alfond numerous times in the past several seasons, including their only game there last season. However, you discount most of those games because some of the goals were scored on the powerplay. Even then, there are 2 games you couldn't dismiss using your very limited parameters, but you try to excuse those because 1) Quinnipiac was a very good team and 2) you imply the other time is solely the goalie's fault and even name him. I find that uncalled for, especially since you didn't call out the goalie who gave up the 7 goals to Quinnipiac.

The truth is that Maine hasn't been a good team for a decade and it will take a few seasons to rebuild if all goes well. A bad game like the Alaska game is just that, a bad game. I don't know if Coach Barr is the answer for Maine, but I do know it will take a few seasons before it will be possible to begin to answer that question. Coach Walsh had two losing seasons before his first winning season. And even with his winning records his 3rd and 4th seasons he only had a .500 cumulative coaching record after four seasons.

Sean

Last edited by Sean Pickett; 01-11-2022, 01:24 PM.
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X