This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
    Some fans on here were lamenting how bad Maine's start to the season was. Now that we can use some hindsight.....

7 of Maine's 11 losses have come to #11 Northeastern, #12 UMass-Lowell, #15 Omaha & #18 BC. Those teams are a combined 48-18-7.

In addition.....that loss to Quinnipiac in Maine's closed exhibition to start the season.....Q is now ranked #2 with a 14-1-3 record.
    Agreed, I was too lazy to go dig through the schedules and find the opponents records. I got blasted not too long ago for saying Maine has played “a fairly tough schedule”. 5 out of 7 of those losses have been competitive games as well. Outside of the first games against Northeastern and Boston college, Maine has been in every game they’ve played. Since the BC shootout win, they’ve looked pretty good.

I expect them to have a pretty solid second half if they continue to play that way. If they hover around .500 for the second half, I think that would be a huge step forward for the program. I think Breen breaks out even further and starts piling up some points and hopefully Dawe can get back on track.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Agreed, I was too lazy to go dig through the schedules and find the opponents records. I got blasted not too long ago for saying Maine has played “a fairly tough schedule”. 5 out of 7 of those losses have been competitive games as well. Outside of the first games against Northeastern and Boston college, Maine has been in every game they’ve played. Since the BC shootout win, they’ve looked pretty good.

I expect them to have a pretty solid second half if they continue to play that way. If they hover around .500 for the second half, I think that would be a huge step forward for the program. I think Breen breaks out even further and starts piling up some points and hopefully Dawe can get back on track.
      Dawe has checked out. Breen has a ton of potential, keeping an eye on him with developing. That should be a good measuring stick to see how Barr does in developing players.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Not really hockey related but I know a local doctor who works the ER a few shifts a week in the local hospital. He says our healthcare system is on the verge of being completely broken. He's a realist type not pessimistic or optimistic, quite pragmatic. He has some real recent horror stories with folks who need emergency care for other reasons than covid. Theres a wait for a bed or emergency surgery anywhere in the state, then they have transportation problems, including big waits for life flight. Its rather sobering.
        It makes one reassess things and consider whats important for self, family, our neighbors and general society well being at the moment.
        Well, there's that.

Good luck getting into any ED right now with some vague chest pain that might actually end-up killing you... The "right to be unvaxxed" crowd is using up all stretchers as we speak, whining about sore throats.

Bunch of little p*******.

Afraid of the shot, but more than willing to displace everyone else when they feel a little sniffle coming on.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-04-2022, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

I think there's more national attention for the NCAA hockey tournament than there is for the FCS football playoffs.
          I'd call it a dead-heat, actually.

Even most die-hard, mainstream sports fans know exactly nothing about either endeavor.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Not really hockey related but I know a local doctor who works the ER a few shifts a week in the local hospital. He says our healthcare system is on the verge of being completely broken. He's a realist type not pessimistic or optimistic, quite pragmatic. He has some real recent horror stories with folks who need emergency care for other reasons than covid. Theres a wait for a bed or emergency surgery anywhere in the state, then they have transportation problems, including big waits for life flight. Its rather sobering.
            It makes one reassess things and consider whats important for self, family, our neighbors and general society well being at the moment.
            Maine hockey is pretty far down the list
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Well, there's that.

Good luck getting into any ED right now with some vague chest pain that might actually end-up killing you... The "right to be unvaxxed" crowd is using up all stretchers as we speak, whining about sore throats.

Bunch of little p*******.

Afraid of the shot, but more than willing to displace everyone else when they feel a little sniffle coming on.
              I don't see why the antivax crowd is going anywhere near hospitals anyway. They're full of doctors and nurses and science-y stuff. The medical staff who advised you to get the vaccine is the same that will provide the (maybe) life-saving treatment in the ER. Why are their services suddenly acceptable when for months you've been ignoring and mocking them?

​​​​​​

Comment

• I have 2 questions

1. Maine still plays football?
                2. There is an FCS Championship?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearinGopherLand View Post
                  I have 2 questions

1. Maine still plays football?
                  2. There is an FCS Championship?
                  1. Yes
                  2. Ask your friends to the West of you. Their schools seem to dominate FCS football.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

I don't see why the antivax crowd is going anywhere near hospitals anyway. They're full of doctors and nurses and science-y stuff. The medical staff who advised you to get the vaccine is the same that will provide the (maybe) life-saving treatment in the ER. Why are their services suddenly acceptable when for months you've been ignoring and mocking them?

​​​​​​
                    Exactly my point... If you deny medical facts, don't seek medical attention.

These un-vaxxed ***-holes are driving the spikes, but still come begging like little girls for treatment.

They can all go pound sand, IMO.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-04-2022, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

1. Yes
                      2. Ask your friends to the West of you. Their schools seem to dominate FCS football.
                      North Dakota State has dominated for some time, being a great program playing in a ****ty conference, but CAA teams have won 3 titles since 2008. :P

Comment

• One more quick thing: Remy Parker just transferred to my local D-3 team.

Looking up his stats, it appears that he played in 3 games.

Anyone have an opinion about his play? I'm curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Just read a story in PPH that hospitalizations are way up again.
                          Well of course they are. And 90% among the unvaxxed idiots!

Comment

• I know Covid is the dominating issue in society right now, could we please stay away from it in here unless it pertains to the team or teams opponents. I'm ****ing sick of non stop covid news. I don't need to see anymore in a place I try to get away from it.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              I know Covid is the dominating issue in society right now, could we please stay away from it in here unless it pertains to the team or teams opponents. I'm ****ing sick of non stop covid news. I don't need to see anymore in a place I try to get away from it.
                              I’m sure we all feel the same way. With that being said does anyone know what is happening this weekend? Are the games definitely happening and are fans allowed?
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I believe U of A is already here? Also, with Maine yesterday reemphasizing entry requirements for the Alfond, all systems go.
                                It will be an Omicron orgy…..I’ll pass.
                                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                                Just win.....

Comment

Working...
                                X