No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids ability to throw on the scramble or take off downfield looks impressive. Even has the Fran Tarkenton hair…..
    $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
    Just win.....

Comment

• very impressive by Ben Guite at beginning of this article

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...ext-world-cup/

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Maine football gets an NLI from Mass Gatoraid player of the year, a QB
        Link us up already, Wally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Mike Cornell is the backup goalie for his AHL team tonight.
          That team must be pretty thin in goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Can't find it, probably BDN but...

More money for football, https://bangordailynews.com/2021/12/...3fm-PELLDm6a2Y
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

His name is Ayden Pereria.

Comment

https://www.wabi.tv/sports/

Comment

• Strange how the UMaine thread has become a football thread, and the UNH thread a soccer thread.

Signs of the times, eh? Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and happy holidays to all!!!
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                    very impressive by Ben Guite at beginning of this article

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...ext-world-cup/
                    Nice guy, huh.
                    I cant figure out how they got across the border with a covid +.
                    Last edited by NorthMike; 12-24-2021, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Can't find it, probably BDN but...

More money for football, https://bangordailynews.com/2021/12/...3fm-PELLDm6a2Y
                      He looks like a good catch, but Fagnano isn't half bad, either. Football would have likely gotten a berth this year had Fagnano been able to play for the first half of the season.

I suppose the question now is who will transfer before the other.

Comment

He looks like a good catch, but Fagnano isn't half bad, either. Football would have likely gotten a berth this year had Fagnano been able to play for the first half of the season.

I suppose the question now is who will transfer before the other.
                        Football team's non-conference schedule next year is @ New Mexico, @ BC, home to Colgate. Hope they can get one win, and then go 6-2 against the CAA, because otherwise no playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

Football team's non-conference schedule next year is @ New Mexico, @ BC, home to Colgate. Hope they can get one win, and then go 6-2 against the CAA, because otherwise no playoffs.
                          New Mexico is no juggernaut, Colgate is eminently beatable... No chance v. BC in all likelihood, but, again, the FCS selection process doesn't consider the FBS games, unless you win them.

FCS went 12-105 v. FBS this season, with Maine getting one of the 12 wins, and earning $675K in the process.

Why not take the money when the games are essentially irrelevant anyway?
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-25-2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• And, BTW, Happy Holidays to all my fellow nut-job Maine fans... We'll get 'em next year, for sure! ;P

Comment

• A little bit on Maine Hockey and Maine Football as the year comes to an end... I can see Maine Hockey not adding anyone for the 2nd semester, I think they go with what they have and make the adjustments with what they have at the present time in terms of moving forwards to defense or vice versa...I see a huge change in the roster by this coming spring with Grad. Students/ Seniors/ and under classmen leaving. This team will look a whole lot different by 75% imo...and with that said I don't see this team winning more than 5 games for the 2021-22 season. This is a total REBUILD, not retooling/tweaking the roster....total rebuild period. Maine Football first 3 games have come out and I think they can come out of it 2-1...possible "IF" the QB is healthy, they have an established running game...shore up their secondary and the BIG ONE for the new Head Coach= DISCIPLINE, this team shoots itself in the foot over and over with senseless penalty's, mostly on personal fouls...sometimes 4 to 5 per game plus other penalty's....this has been going on the last 4 years that this team lacks discipline....well my .02 for the day/end of the year...hope all are well and the New Year 2022 brings high hopes for Maine sports programs..!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                A little bit on Maine Hockey and Maine Football as the year comes to an end... I can see Maine Hockey not adding anyone for the 2nd semester, I think they go with what they have and make the adjustments with what they have at the present time in terms of moving forwards to defense or vice versa...I see a huge change in the roster by this coming spring with Grad. Students/ Seniors/ and under classmen leaving. This team will look a whole lot different by 75% imo...and with that said I don't see this team winning more than 5 games for the 2021-22 season. This is a total REBUILD, not retooling/tweaking the roster....total rebuild period. Maine Football first 3 games have come out and I think they can come out of it 2-1...possible "IF" the QB is healthy, they have an established running game...shore up their secondary and the BIG ONE for the new Head Coach= DISCIPLINE, this team shoots itself in the foot over and over with senseless penalty's, mostly on personal fouls...sometimes 4 to 5 per game plus other penalty's....this has been going on the last 4 years that this team lacks discipline....well my .02 for the day/end of the year...hope all are well and the New Year 2022 brings high hopes for Maine sports programs..!!!
                                One thing I’m very curious about is what happens with the interest in Maine hockey next year? Six months ago I don’t think many of us would have believed things would have gone so horribly wrong with Covid and obviously it has been a rough season on the ice as well. Will a lot of people give up/move on to other things or will there still be much interest/hope?
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X