The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

The "media narrative" is quite something. Lots of professional athletes committed to the lie. Over 100 NFL players and dozens of NHL players - including Swayman. Or, as Liverpool FC coach Jurgen Klopp said: "I know the anti-vaxxers will say Klopp said get the vaccine but now his players have the virus. But it makes it more unlikely you'll get it and even if you do get it, it means you can get through it in the right way."
    I’d be surprised if fans are allowed the rest of the year. Hopefully things improve towards the end of the winter.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• My opinion(guess): no fans second semester mostly because of the coming healthcare collapse.
      I also believe we are approaching the end of this 2 year cluster eff. The newest Omicron Coronavirus variant just may be leading the way in reverting back to what it used to be, a cold. To get there, of course Delta has to fade away…
      Regardless, on topic, I like the thought that Barr has a few weeks to “deliver his message” with no games and expect we will see the results after the break.
      $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
      Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I’d be surprised if fans are allowed the rest of the year. Hopefully things improve towards the end of the winter.
        Yeah, Ive sort of thought all along that soon as it wreaks hazard with students and faculty then us at games will end. I saw that cornell has a 97% student vaccine rate, like orono, and got hit hard last week with new cases.
        Last edited by NorthMike; 12-17-2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I’d be surprised if fans are allowed the rest of the year.
          Northeastern just announced no fans for winter sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Yeah, Ive sort of thought all along that soon as it wreaks hazard with students and faculty then us at games will end. I saw that cornell has a 97% student vaccine rate, like orono, and got hit hard last week with new cases.
            Nobody who was vaxxed got seriously ill, though, and that's the salient point going forward.

(So far...)
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-17-2021, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Mike Cornell is the backup goalie for his AHL team tonight.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Who are the 2 defenseman who left? BDN’s Mahoney is reporting this and as I refuse to pay for their crap, I only see the headline with no names.
                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                  Who are the 2 defenseman who left? BDN’s Mahoney is reporting this and as I refuse to pay for their crap, I only see the headline with no names.
                  Dockery and Winfree. According to the article, Winfree is transferring schools and Dockey intends to go pro.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Dockery and Winfree. According to the article, Winfree is transferring schools and Dockey intends to go pro.
                    New recruit ? Parker Lindauer.

Comment

• Thanks!!
                      Just win.....

Comment

2 defensemen leave UMaine men’s hockey team

Two defenseman on the University of Maine men’s hockey team have recently decided to leave the program.

Black Bear first-year head coach Ben Barr said Dominic Dockery, who had been a regular on the blue line this season after transferring in from Merrimack College, and seldom-used junior Perry Winfree have departed.

Dockery had one assist in 17 games this season while Winfree had appeared in just two games and didn’t register a point.

Sophomore defenseman Kabore Dunn left the program earlier this season. Dunn, who also played forward this season, was scoreless in four games.

The two latest departures leave UMaine with just seven defensemen. Barr intends to bring in a defenseman for the second semester to go with the seven the team has right now.

Barr said Dockery indicated he wanted to begin a pro hockey career. Winfree was looking to transfer to another school and Dunn intended to go back to junior hockey.

Dockery played in 125 career games between Merrimack and UMaine and registered three goals and 17 assists.

Winfree appeared in nine games for the Black Bears and didn’t register a point.

Dunn played in 11 games over his two seasons at UMaine and produced two assists.

“Players make decisions based on what they feel is best for them,” Barr said. “I wish them all the best of luck. We will move forward.”

Freshman Tim Gould is a defenseman who has been playing up front due to injuries that have sidelined four forwards. Barr said he could move Gould back to defense or convert another forward to defense.

Forwards Grant Hebert, Matthew Fawcett and Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup have been sidelined by concussions and Brad Morrissey has a lower body injury.

Graduate student Cam Spicer, seniors Jakub Sirota and Simon Butala, juniors Adrien Bisson and Dawson Bruneski and freshmen David Breazeale compose the defense corps. Sirota, Spicer, Bisson and Breazeale have played in all 17 games. Butala has played in 14 and Bruneski has played in six since becoming a regular this month. Gould has played in five games as a forward.

UMaine, 2-11-4 overall and 1-8-2 in Hockey East, will travel to take on Penn State for the first time ever on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day at 5 p.m.

Penn State is 11-8 overall, 3-7 in the Big Ten.

Comment

Not surprised about Winfree, he wasn’t getting the ice time. Really surprised about Dockery tho, he played in every game thus far and was pretty solid. Also he doesn’t really project as a pro prospect so he’s reasoning was strange.

It’ll be interesting to see who he brings in for the second semester. I believe Antonacci and Arnott have signed their NLI, so you’d have to assume it’s one of them. I hate to see them burn a year of eligibility but having another returning defenseman with experience won’t hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

New recruit ? Parker Lindauer.
                            A forward who played the first 7 games of the year with the Tri-city Storm and then transferred to the Muskegon Lumberjacks in the USHL Don't know if he signed a NLI or is just a verbal commitment
                            Last edited by Runsub5; 12-20-2021, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
                              Really surprised about Dockery tho, he played in every game thus far and was pretty solid. Also he doesn't really project as a pro prospect so (his) reasoning was strange.
                              Guessing it's either an ECHL opportunity, or something in a lower level Euro league?

Sometimes kids have a hard time accepting they're not a "prospect", and the (NHL) dream dies hard. Or maybe he was just tired of the school part of things ... although if that were the case, it would have been a recent development, as no one forced him to come to UMaine after leaving Merrimack.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Maine football gets an NLI from Mass Gatoraid player of the year, a QB
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X