No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussions about last year as to who was at fault for being on the road are tiring. It doesnt matter any longer, move on. This has no bearing on this years teams performance or if players are still butt hurt over it and laying down, which I dont believe in a minute that is the reason. If they are dogging it its because they dont like what the new coach is bringing in. Its outside their security blanket comfort so they are having a hissy fit, if true!
    They will be gone next year by their choosing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbear96 View Post
      I didn't realize Maine was the lowest penalized team in D1. Huge improvement over the JD Greenway days, obviously still frustrating that they can't put the puck in the net.

Seems like each BDN article there are players mentioning that they're learning things they've never been taught or mentioning a higher degree of difficulty. I *love* to read that, while also am frustrated by the Red era. Oh well. Better times are ahead. I wish the upperclassmen the best, but Barr will be better off trimming the fat that clearly doesn't mesh.
      Yup.

Comment

• I realize some people in this thread may not recognize it, but there are things more important than the hockey team. Playing games on the road is not ideal, but the alternative was not to play at all. I don't know what the situation is in eastern Maine, but down here it is even worse than last year. Maine Med has called in support from around New England and from the federal government. A friend of my mom's was taken to the hospital by ambulance for heart issues and ended up spending the night on a gurney outside the ER with dozens of others because there was no room for them in the emergency department itself. Some of you may dismiss this as a "media narrative" but I assure you it is very real. I was supposed to meet with my doctor but that has been postponed indefinitely because of the health crisis. As serious as my own health problems are, they are insignificant next to not being able to breathe.

Meanwhile, Maine is outshooting Union 31-8 through two periods, but only lead 1-0. Lousy luck that they have to play Dominic Hasek every week. He must be out of eligibility soon.

And as I type, Union ties is up...

Comment

• I have to say, based on the shot totals they allow, the defense has been playing pretty well. You don't allow only 11 shots thru 2 1/2 periods by playing bad defense. But holy smokes, they absolutely cannot score goals under any circumstances.

Comment

• Just noticed Vandenberg is on the bench in place of Fortier. I wonder if Barr has Fortier recruiting now?
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Never seen anything quite like it. Shooting under 2% last two games, back to back 50+ shot performances. You have to believe the results are gonna come. Goaltending and team defense has been great and it’s really encouraging to see Thiessen and Ostman playing well. I have a feeling this team starts finding ways to win in the second half of this year. The last 5 games have been pretty solid, they’re playing much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
                Never seen anything quite like it. Shooting under 2% last two games, back to back 50+ shot performances. You have to believe the results are gonna come.
                It might be some sort of modern record to pepper the goal to the tune of 100+ shots in 2 games and come away winless.

But, I agree, if Maine keeps up this sort of offensive onslaught they can't help but to start racking up some W's.

Comment

• Is this the first game they actually had a lead? Maybe its baby steps but its good to see them getting better

I have 2 neighbors who are long time Doctors at EMMC/Northern Lights, Covid cases are overwhelming Bangors Hospitals also.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

It might be some sort of modern record to pepper the goal to the tune of 100+ shots in 2 games and come away winless.

But, I agree, if Maine keeps up this sort of offensive onslaught they can't help but to start racking up some W's.
                    You might be correct; the offense may be suffering a record setting bout of futility. I'll check the media guide to find out.

Oh right...

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      I have to say, based on the shot totals they allow, the defense has been playing pretty well. You don't allow only 11 shots thru 2 1/2 periods by playing bad defense. But holy smokes, they absolutely cannot score goals under any circumstances.
                      I too thought they played well last night. Good defense, goal tending and fore check was effective. They even came out of D zone with efficiency and speed. Heck neutral zone wasnt bad either. There were several just golden scoring chances.
                      Watching Breen impresses me more and more each game, an offensive work horse.

Comment

• Since this team doesn’t have any finishers, it’s nice to have an incoming one to look forward to. Josh Nadeau was named BCHL 2nd Star of the Week and has 10 goals and 7 assists during his 10 game point streak.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Is this the first game they actually had a lead? Maybe its baby steps but its good to see them getting better

I have 2 neighbors who are long time Doctors at EMMC/Northern Lights, Covid cases are overwhelming Bangors Hospitals also.
                          Maine led 3-2 at Omaha before losing 5-3. Maine had a 2-0 lead midway through the game at Northeastern before losing 3-2. Maine led 1-0 after a period before losing 4-3 to Connecticut. Maine led 2-1 in the third period before tying at Boston College.

Reminder that today's game starts at 5:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                            Since this team doesn’t have any finishers, it’s nice to have an incoming one to look forward to. Josh Nadeau was named BCHL 2nd Star of the Week and has 10 goals and 7 assists during his 10 game point streak.
                            Felix Trudeau is also having a great season in the BCHL and has signed his NLI. Looks to be a really nice recruiting class shaping up for next year. Nadeau and Trudeau should be players for Barr to build around.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Felix Trudeau is also having a great season in the BCHL and has signed his NLI. Looks to be a really nice recruiting class shaping up for next year. Nadeau and Trudeau should be players for Barr to build around.
                              Who recruited those guys ; )

The Russian kid has had a couple good games in the last week. I was looking the other day and it seems like he is either really good or really bad, which I think is a positive sign.

Hopefully out of the Pabich, Olsen, weis, Pichette, and Gaulin group Maine can find a couple decent players and one or two who can do a job on the fourth line.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Who recruited those guys ; )

The Russian kid has had a couple good games in the last week. I was looking the other day and it seems like he is either really good or really bad, which I think is a positive sign.

Hopefully out of the Pabich, Olsen, weis, Pichette, and Gaulin group Maine can find a couple decent players and one or two who can do a job on the fourth line.
                                Gotta give Red and co. credit for finding those guys. Also gotta give credit to Barr for rounding out this class and keeping the best pieces intact. Crucial to any rebuild. Barr picking up Bradley Nadeau was big as well.

Pabich and Olsen have put up good numbers in the USHL. Arnott, Pichette and Antonacci probably come in and play right away too. That’s 7 freshmen in the lineup already for next season and I anticipate there will be more.

Comment

Working...
                                X