The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

Maine is 0-5 vs. #6 (neutral site), #9 (x2 away) and #21 (x2 away)....Their schedule has been pretty tough.
    Maine is ranked 56th of 59 teams in Division I Men's Hockey in the RPI.
    According to the same RPI, Maine has played the 56th toughest schedule. Only Brown, Princeton and Yale have played easier schedules, and they are all ECAC teams who have only played one game.

Comment

• And Brown is somehow getting Top 20 poll votes. I guess we should remind ourselves how useless early polls and RPI really are.
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
        And Brown is somehow getting Top 20 poll votes. I guess we should remind ourselves how useless early polls and RPI really are.
        Polls mean dick, as you say.

But Maine is going to **** the bed this year, no doubt.

This is Red's dumpster fire, plain and simple.

It's going to take at least a couple of seasons to see the light of day. This team is the worst I've ever seen in Orono, or at least very close to it.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-03-2021, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Polls mean dick, as you say.

But Maine is going to **** the bed this year, no doubt.

This is Red's dumpster fire, plain and simple.

It's going to take at least a couple of seasons to see the light of day. This team is the worst I've ever seen in Orono, or at least very close to it.
          If they can get the penalty thing under control and get rid of the dump and chase....it'll be a success.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

If they can get the penalty thing under control and get rid of the dump and chase....it'll be a success.
            And get the puck out of their D zone. Huge baby steps

Comment

• https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...the-Blocks.php

Comment

• “I wanted to go to Maine. I told our players that and they didn’t believe me,” Barr said. “When I grew up in the '90s Maine was the best team in college hockey."

I found this quote in particular interesting. On the whole I thought it was a nice article, and one that reinforced my confidence in Barr as our guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

“ On the whole I thought it was a nice article, and one that reinforced my confidence in Barr as our guy.
                  Just hope we arent too late with a good modernization of the program. The program has been stagnant for many years while college hockey has changed alot in the last 15 years or so. Many more teams now have good years and are in the mix every year.
                  For hockey east, in a few years VT and Maine will improve, probably even Merrimack. Its going to narrow up the league and make it more competitive. But, Umass, Providence, Lowell, NU all have had a head start in rebuilding. BC and BU will just continue on. Its going to be fun to watch.

Comment

And Brown is somehow getting Top 20 poll votes. I guess we should remind ourselves how useless early polls and RPI really are.
                    Polls, Poles, polls, poles and Pohls are all irrelevant to college hockey. All that matters is the Pairwise, but that almost always follows the RPI these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      Huge baby steps
                      Your oxymoron is killing me!

bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

“I wanted to go to Maine. I told our players that and they didn’t believe me,” Barr said.
                        Clearly, the players considered Maine a "safety school"... I'm hopeful that Barr will turn Maine into a dream school again.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-04-2021, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Your oxymoron is killing me!
                          Baby step sizes are different lengths, right? Relatively.
                          Last edited by NorthMike; 11-05-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Clearly, the players considered Maine a "safety school"... I'm hopeful that Barr will turn Maine into a dream school again.
                            Honestly, Id be happy with getting Maine back to being considered a current "good" D1 hockey school. Dream school might be stretching it but sure why not thats what dreams are.

Anyway I'll be there for this weekends games. Go Blue

Comment

• Is the video for tonight’s game working for anyone? I’ve tried on my computer and phone and can’t get it to work.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Is the video for tonight’s game working for anyone? I’ve tried on my computer and phone and can’t get it to work.
                                Go to team site, thats how i got it to work?

Comment

Working...
                                X