This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Yuck. I don’t think I’ve seen a worse weekend of Maine hockey.
    For real? Are you crazy? Ben’s additions are contribute already. SHU beat BU which has NHL players all over the lineup. Folks need to check into a walk in center if you think that team isn’t improved.

Comment

• Well, not a team you want to have to fight back for a tie against, but props to them for fighting back from a two goal third period defect.

Comment

• The 3 on 3 OT format is weird.
        Just something else to practice.
        WH6at was wrong with 5 on 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
          Chuck you remind me a little of a girl I know…. If she's not *****in or whining about sonething she's totally unhappy. I get you're trying to ruffle a few feathers (or bear fur as it were) but damn man those days are bygone…. Give it up, UHN will forever be the true SMT's
          You saying that you're hanging around with little girls these days, acs64?!?

Things sure have changed from the old days, I guess you got that part right ... ;-)

Seriously ... per tonight's box score, UMaine had another two (2) PIM's, or 4 PIM's for the weekend.

Gone are the fierce Black Bears of old, welcome the cuddwy wittow Teddy Bears. SMT's indeed.

Honestly never saw that change of pace coming. WWWT???
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Yuck. I don't think I've seen a worse weekend of Maine hockey.
            You do understand that Coach Barr is hampered by having to coach a bunch of players mostly chosen by the previous coach, right? Most of whom probably do not have the qualities and strengths that he values in his program and his systems, but he's still got to coach the bunch he's left with for a season or two, and he doesn't have the luxury of coaching the older players to their "strengths", since his focus has to be on putting his systems in place on Day One for the young guys he's brought in, and who will stick with those systems into the future. Hopefully you will eventually grasp the fact that Coach Barr wasn't brought to UMaine to wow you with his tactical finesse with Red's leftovers, he was hired to recruit the same type of players/talents that brought success to his programs at Providence, Union and UMass.

Carvel/Barr had a big step back from an already bad final year under their predecessors in Amherst, probably for the same reason, the trick is once his top choice players (and that's not the small handful of scrub 5th year transfers he brought in this season) start settling in, the program will take off.

Patience.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Good, lord, you can blather on ad infinitum.
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                The 3 on 3 OT format is weird.
                Just something else to practice.
                WH6at was wrong with 5 on 5?
                Not enough offense. TPTB wanted an OT that would determine a winner. Hence a 3x3 OT that produced *checks notes* three total shots and ended in a draw. Mission Accomplished!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                  Good, lord, you can blather on ad infinitum.
                  But he's not wrong...yeah you're frustrated because of what are perceived to be "wasted" years until Red....but that's not Ben's fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post

But he's not wrong...yeah you're frustrated because of what are perceived to be "wasted" years until Red....but that's not Ben's fault.
                    You missed my point. UHNChuckie is that rare, annoying poster who can use 1,000 words on another team's thread when 10 suffice.
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

I suspect we’ll know within a couple years whether he is going to work out. Not based on win-loss but on recruiting and how players develop.
                      Recruiting and W/L are locked together.

But didn't you say a thousand times that Red brought in talent?

Yeah, you did, and he didn't. So maybe you should clam-up, already.

Comment

• I just meant is he going to be worse than some of older guys that haven’t been good for years and won’t be around next year. Clearly this year isn’t going to be a championship year. Wouldn’t we want ice time for a full scholarship sophomore that has shown good potential versus the status quo? Can’t build the team fully next year with new recruits.

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

Maine spent most of the third period with the defense taking more chances to get a goal so naturally you're going to get beat more going the other way. Thiessen came up big a lot to keep the game close. Still not really sure if Dunn would have made a noticeable difference there but the defense wasn't the problem last night.

Certainly looked like the forwards had trouble breaking through into the O-zone for most of the game. Outside of the third line, none of the other three really could sustain any offensive pressure. Sacred Heart had no trouble retrieving those pucks and getting them back out of the zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

You saying that you're hanging around with little girls these days, acs64?!?

Things sure have changed from the old days, I guess you got that part right ... ;-)

Seriously ... per tonight's box score, UMaine had another two (2) PIM's, or 4 PIM's for the weekend.

Gone are the fierce Black Bears of old, welcome the cuddwy wittow Teddy Bears. SMT's indeed.

Honestly never saw that change of pace coming. WWWT???
                          Chuck, in case you hadn't noticed Hockey has changed in how they enforce the rules . No team plays like Maine did in the 90s. And SMTs was coined about UHNs fans who thought there teams were angels on the ice.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

What a pant load that is
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Wow!!! I couldn't disagree more with this statement. Your view of Maine hockey at the present time is really tainted in my opinion.

Comment

• We played two games at home against an Atlantic Hockey team and didn’t win either one. How does it get much worse than that? They did finish second in 19-20 and middle of the pack last year so not the worst team in the league but still there is no excuse for not beating them.

Those were most likely Maine’s third and fourth easiest games of the year. I know Maine isn’t going to be great this year but I don’t want to see them embarrassing either. Maine literally had their entire team available so can’t even make the injury excuse.

Next weekend is likely a sweep given Maine’s recent struggles with Northeastern and it’s not like Maine has been great against UConn.

The highlight last night was the refereeing. I hope that is how it is called all year and the officials stay out of the way.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X